Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minecraft

aerenicusaerenicus Member Posts: 8

I love the concept of minecraft (the multiplayer survival mode) but is there a free version or free clone of minecraft? i don't mind graphics

or can you tell me another free Sandboxish game?

thx ^^

Comments

• Snakester95Snakester95 Member UncommonPosts: 47

They have classic, but that drops the whole survival system, tools, etc. But, you could try playing around with Sauerbraten. It's different, but if you're into the building aspect, Sauerbraten gives you a more advanced system and once you get used to certain hotkeys it's simple to use.

http://sauerbraten.org/

Where there's a game, there's a player, I'm that player.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

The maker of Minecraft ("Notch") was one of the original developers of Wurm Online. It's a world-builder as well, but far more in-depth, and has a little bit of a "survival" aspect, though I have no clue as to how that pertains to minecraft - as I only mucked with an early alpha version a good year back. There is an infinite free-trial server that limits how high your skills can get, as well as what can be built, but you can get a good example of the game from it, and it could last you indefinitiely if it's to your liking.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Snakester95Snakester95 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Originally posted by GTwander

The maker of Minecraft ("Notch") was one of the original developers of Wurm Online. It's a world-builder as well, but far more in-depth, and has a little bit of a "survival" aspect, though I have no clue as to how that pertains to minecraft - as I only mucked with an early alpha version a good year back. There is an infinite free-trial server that limits how high your skills can get, as well as what can be built, but you can get a good example of the game from it, and it could last you indefinitiely if it's to your liking.

You can play in peaceful difficulty or play in the other difficulties creating the survival mode. Which adds skeletons and zombies into the game. Which you can then fight off with tools you create or materials you gather. I didn't play it, but I've watched through my brother.

Where there's a game, there's a player, I'm that player.

Interesting, I may have to try this new version out then. Making castles n' junk is only fun for so long, but if there was a kind of defensive-strategy aspect to the game like Love, then I'd be all over it.

Speaking of Love, I have yet to actually try it out, but there's a game the OP might want to look into as well. Though I am fairly sure it's like 6-7$ a month atm.

• aerenicusaerenicus Member Posts: 8

Thank you for the replies ^^

Saurbraten isn't that a FPS? if so i'm gonna try it ;) 

is Wurm online free?

Originally posted by aerenicus

is Wurm online free?

No, it's 5e a month + extra costs if you have a deed or buy awesome tools/gear off other players. The free trial server has no term limits, and a lot of people there have played basically forever and never left it. Which kind of offends me, but yeah, you can play there as long as you like - but things decay really fast and you can't have a deed (which slows it down). You'd have to repair whatever structures you build fairly often. Like at least once every 2 weeks, maybe faster than that though.

• CoilavanaCoilavana Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited May 2022
    I do not advise you to look for minecraft clones, because this would be 99% not what you expect. It is best to get confused and look for minecraft servers that are interesting for you, with unique mods, great online and good servers. From my personal experience, I can recommend minecraft pixelmon servers. Maybe not pixelmon in fact, I'm just playing there now, and I thought maybe you would like to join too :) There are many servers here, with various modifications, and most importantly, all servers very well withstand the large online that is present here.
    Post edited by Coilavana on
  • DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 641
    Trove is a fun game.