Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

READ : ** FFXIV Beta Discussion Q & A Thread **

DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please use this thread to discuss issues related to the beta client for FFXIV. This is being done in an effort consolidate multiple threads on the same topic.

For future reference, if you see a thread discussing something similar to the topic you intend to post about, please post in that thread instead of creating an entirely new thread.

Comments

• TerminatrTerminatr Member Posts: 114

Is the beta launcher working for anyone? Mine keeps timeing out.

• AdorianBladeAdorianBlade Member Posts: 62

i cant even find a link for client download...

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I think their tracker is screwed, I think downloading with utorrent or something makes it go faster though.

There's a thread on these boards with instructions on how to DL through utorrent, can't remember which one but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

• yanje03yanje03 Member Posts: 36

downloading stuck there. what should I do ?

• stamps79stamps79 Member Posts: 233

When I was in the closed beta a few weeks ago, It  showed no status change on my downloading and then a few hours later, it would start to move. this would happen a few times off and on.  It took me almost a full day to fully download the game, lots of patience is require for this client =-P.

Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

• yanje03yanje03 Member Posts: 36

Seems BT has to be installed before download beta file.

• jdreamjdream Member UncommonPosts: 80

Originally posted by AdorianBlade

i cant even find a link for client download...

link sent

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

I had no problem downloading, then again I live in Sweden with a 100mbit line. Only problem I have is that I havent got an Open Beta key, and there seems to be no way to get one. So downloading seems kinda pointless...

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

I've hadto cancel my download, there download manager eats up 99% of my upload ability slowing down everything else I do to a crawl, can anyone send me the how too download it via torrent i've got a torrent manager and a upload limiter

• RajenRajen Member Posts: 689

Use utorrent to download it, the client will never finish.

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

Originally posted by Rajen

Use utorrent to download it, the client will never finish.

how do I do that?

• EmotionsEmotions Member UncommonPosts: 333

Can someone give me the download link plz :)

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

have account, have beta key, applied key to account, still cant download client from anywhere, even with utorrent, ports open, upload limited to be less then my cap so i can download, still cant break 10k download speed.  ports are open.....  lots of seeds, thousands of peers, wtf.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

this is why i hate torrents, why couldnt they just have fileplanet or fileshack or their own dam ftp server host the large file ready to go. 

• xcharbyxxcharbyx Member Posts: 38

Here is your savior to the download.

All the patch files.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1863/Final_Fantasy_XIV_Open_Beta_Patch_Files.html

No prob yall. You can pay me in pokeballs.

• egg20001ukegg20001uk Member Posts: 124

xcharbyx

Your link doesn't work , every mirror on that website comes up with page cannot be displayed.

• KaldoreiKaldorei Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by yanje03

i am also stuck there... u find an answer yet?

Child of the Stars

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

ok if you only need the last patch just skip first link else use both:

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1863/Final_Fantasy_XIV_Open_Beta_Patch_Files.html

This link has a direct download of a rar file of all the patches apart of today ones.

And here:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/13147-patch-stuck/

Last patch you will need.

Now I guess you already have beta launcher else you'll have to download it from fileplanet.

Go to DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Versiondownloadsffxiv-betad96437e6patch

Close the launcher first then paste all the patches inside there (if you already downloaded some of them you can put only the ones left to be downloaded)

Then launch launcher again and it should just verify what patches you have.

• omegadudeomegadude Member UncommonPosts: 21

i have my beta key but i cant log in to activate my beta account wtf am i supposed to do how could they underestiamate the rush of an open beta announcment

• MahngielMahngiel Member Posts: 25

If you Alt+Tab away from FFXIV in fullscreen mode, the client will throw a shit fit and force you to quit.

• creioncreion Member Posts: 78

Originally posted by Mahngiel

If you Alt+Tab away from FFXIV in fullscreen mode, the client will throw a shit fit and force you to quit.

11 did this too. it is something they did to keep people from running third party programs although, since there was a windowed setting this seems to be a bit of a flaw in 14.

• QuetosQuetos Member Posts: 48

Hi all,

Anyone getting this? When I try and log into the test server I get a new window stating:

Login process is running.

If you change the screen, please press the NEXT button.

I leave it and it flips me back onto the log in screen.

Any ideas?

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Atleast you guys can run your patcher. When I double click ffxivboot.exe, a black box comes up and says "FFXIV has encountered a critical error and needs to shut down." Seems like this issue is widespread reading through FFXIV Core. Really annoying.

On my desktop, I've got top of the line specs and I only get 10-30fps, but atleast it works.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

can some one pls give me a link or torrent for the client pls...

the launcher won't download

thx

• jvxmtgjvxmtg Member Posts: 371

Originally posted by Kaldorei

Originally posted by yanje03

i am also stuck there... u find an answer yet?

They did said that this will happen. There's a certain number of user that can download the client at a time, and once the que is full, it will allow the next connection when someone in the que is done. They also said the same thing about logging in, if you cannot connect now, try again in 10 minutes, and so on.

I understand why they put a floodgate in place, otherwise the server might just crash.

Ready for GW2!!!