Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was in closed beta since start.. Now it says service cancelled?

bartillobartillo Member UncommonPosts: 190

Well I can no longer log into the beta test site to check the forums and such. And i looked on my square enix account stuff and it says the FFXIV beta test was cancelled on august 31.

What do i have to do to play in Open beta? i assumed all closed beta testers would get to be in open? is this not the case?

Comments

• KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224

Originally posted by bartillo

Well I can no longer log into the beta test site to check the forums and such. And i looked on my square enix account stuff and it says the FFXIV beta test was cancelled on august 31.

What do i have to do to play in Open beta? i assumed all closed beta testers would get to be in open? is this not the case?

I point you to all the threads labeled with anything referring to "Open Beta" and shake my head in shame at you due to the fact that you could've spent more than 3 seconds looking for an answer. (It's everywhere!  ...including in your email!)

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

They did say that they would be deactivating the closed beta so  I would suspect it is just a matter of getting ahold of an open beta key. Did you not get one in the mail? Worse case you can get one tonight when the beta goes active.

All die, so die well.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by VikingGamer

They did say that they would be deactivating the closed beta so  I would suspect it is just a matter of getting ahold of an open beta key. Did you not get one in the mail? Worse case you can get one tonight when the beta goes active.

think closed beta testers will get one tonite worse case senerioa be around tonite

• bartillobartillo Member UncommonPosts: 190

ya got the email it says:

1.Access the following URL.

http://entry.ffxiv.com/

* The page will become accessible starting at 19:00 on Aug. 31, 2010.

2.Log in with your Square Enix account and have a registration code issued.

* Depending on the access status, we may temporarily suspend the issuance of registration code. If you cannot have registration code issued, we ask that you please wait a little while before trying again.

3.Register the registration code you received by e-mail on the Square Enix Account Management System.

Click "Select Service" from "Services and Options" on the left menu. Select "FINAL FANTASY XIV" from the services available and then "Add a service account." Enter the registration code you've been issued and proceed to the end of registration.

But on that access the URL i dont see anywhere to click to log into my account so i can get a registration code.

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

We have to wait until 7pm PDT... so jsut releax until then and that page doesn't update then... then you can panic...