Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heroes of Three Kingdoms: Media Tour

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com's Carolyn Koh had a chance recently to take a developer tour of Heroes of Three Kingdoms, a historically based MMO in the Perfect World stable of free-to-play games. During her tour, Carolyn not only got a good look at the game but also received a bit of a history lesson as well. See what she discovered in her media tour.

Heroes of Three Kingdoms (HoTK) is Perfect Entertainment’s latest game in its stable of free to play MMOs. In a slight departure from the rest of its games, Heroes of Three Kingdoms is historically based on the Three Kingdoms era of China, starting in A.D. 169 with the uprising of the Yellow Turban Rebellion and ending with the reunification of the land in 280, the kingdoms being Wei, Shu and Wu. Subsequently, the main gameplay feature of HoTK is that you get to play as a hero in one of these three kingdoms, and replay some of the greatest battles and storyline quests of the period.

Read more about Heroes of Three Kingdoms.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• greedosgreedos Member Posts: 1

this is really nice game

• d0nnybr4sc0d0nnybr4sc0 Member Posts: 7

I loved playing ROTK but I don't know about this.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

I've been playing this game for a while and enjoying it immensely.  Choosing between weapons instead of classes, being able to utilize 2 different weapons at 40 (similar to a subclass in other games), the ability to actually master all the weapons in the game on a single character eventually, some great pvp, and a non-P2W cash shop (so far) makes this game stand out from other F2P titles IMO.

Steam: Neph

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Nice boring game is about it.  No one groups in it.  Not sure about the f2p crowd these games attract, it is more about how fast your can get your avatar to high level than it is about enjoying the game with others.  Really won't be free at the higher levels, you will have to supplement your avatar with the item shop to be competitive.

• yippee22yippee22 Member Posts: 48

Awesome game and if you have a preconcieved notion about F2P games and have not tried this one, stuff it until you play it to 40.......... 8)

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Ozmodan is wrong there is nothing you need from the item shop unless you want fashion or 2x xp orbs.. Gem combos might be a money sink but high lvl gems drop at end-game instances so you'd only need to pay cash for em if you didn't wanna wait..

best f2p game out there imo especially if you're into faction pvp.. If fighting over legion owned cities and capitals so that you can put them in the name of you're own faction/legion sounds like fun to you then this is the game.. Massive battles involveing 100's of players fighting over other legions territories is what the end game is all about :)

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Well you are certainly not looking at the cash shop I looked at.  Lots of stuff in there that effects gameplay.

Another review that really did not play the game, just listened to the spiel from the developers.  There is no chance you are getting to level 80 without spending money in the cash shop.   They just disguised it better.

Saying this is a fun game makes me wonder about you.  Boring is the word unless of course you enjoy kiling the same mob over and over again( and I am understating how many times you have to do this).

• radwan666radwan666 Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Well you are certainly not looking at the cash shop I looked at.  Lots of stuff in there that effects gameplay.

Another review that really did not play the game, just listened to the spiel from the developers.  There is no chance you are getting to level 80 without spending money in the cash shop.   They just disguised it better.

Saying this is a fun game makes me wonder about you.  Boring is the word unless of course you enjoy kiling the same mob over and over again( and I am understating how many times you have to do this).

Actually, you can get lvl 80 without spending a cent.

Carpe Diem