Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who else will play this game no matter what?

detlikdetlik Member Posts: 76

Hi everybody,

Huge fan of FF series here and I was just wondering who else will play this game no matter what will happen. And by that I mean heavy bugs, or if it will suck in general.

Comments

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570

hehe You definitely opened a can, silly. :P

I know where you are coming from though. I will be playing in six months. Course if I had the money for a new computer I'd be playing the CE. As much as I would like to play the game with all the little release bugs hehe, in six months Im sure most of them will be fixed.  /sigh

I love snails.
    I love every kinda snail.
    I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
    Cant hug every snail.

• ThrenodyThrenody Member Posts: 54

I won't be.  I'm a huge FF fan as well and I loved XI but I'm a bit disappointed in some of the developments about this game.  I'm trying not to just play anything for the sake of the title anymore.  Think I'll wait patiently for a month or so before I decide to spend my money.  

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by detlik

Hi everybody,

Huge fan of FF series here and I was just wondering who else will play this game no matter what will happen. And by that I mean heavy bugs, or if it will suck in general.

Its just another game , looks like its at least worth a months worth of subs so why not. And if it's still fun after a month I can keep playing. Bugs and the like are not an issue nothing is perfect.

Some people will give it the big I am and they will wait 1 month 2 month 6 months , whats the point, none.

• DareantkDareantk Member Posts: 106

Pretty much guaranteed to buy it at this point, I don't know if I'll stick with it for long. Definitely not forever, though I'd keep coming back time and again if I did like the game because I never really play 1 MMO for years in a row. I'm not yet convinced it'll be fun enough to play(controls, lag, ui, customization, SE and their crazy ideas) for a long period, even if the world looks huge and gorgeous. For now I'm getting it cheap between a discount and credit left from a gift card on amazon and I don't have any other MMOs on my plate or coming up soon, it warrants a look atleast. I was in beta phase 3 which left me with a lot of conflicting thoughts on the game, hoping some of the negative ones are put to rest with open beta at the very least.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Definitely going to buy for PC and PS3.  Will play as long as it is fun, but as a casual console MMO I think this game is going to be a very long lasting and fun MMO. 

• mudd4evermudd4ever Member Posts: 158

Originally posted by detlik

Hi everybody,

I like FF and plan on playing XIV.  I'm totally okay with there being some bumps in the road for the first few months following launch, but I definitely wouldn't say I'd stick around "no matter what".  If an MMO just becomes too 'meh' for me, or is too broken, then it's kthxbye time.

pie.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Have CE preordered and will be playing no matter what.

I didn't get into any of the betas, don't have high hopes for the "open" beta as well. I liked all the youtube videos, developers choices (yes, I love their anti-grinding / anti-nolifers system) and absolutely loved all the qq on all the possible ffxiv forums. So far it seems like developers are doing a great job of naturally selecting their wanted playerbase. From all the info released about the game and from player reviews it seems like the game was made just for me. 

I am not a fanboi and I haven't played all of the FF games, the only ones I did play were FFVIII for pc and FFXI last month out of boredom  to get to know the game better. I realize that I'm overhyping over this game, trying to keep as calm as I can and enjoying the freedom before 22nd  :)

I bet there are many players just as hyped as me, most of them have most probably stopped reading and / or posting on the forums because of all the qqing going around. I, for one, am trying to read them less as well, to both not get sad about all the ungrateful people who got into beta and quit after a couple of hours or days of gameplay, and to not let the hype overwhelm me, since the wait is quite bad as it is already image

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• alpheusalpheus Member Posts: 72

Not I.  Definately not I.

I've actually been trying to talk myself out of purchasing this game.  The only issue for me is that I've been soooo bored these days.  I can't remember the last time I actively played a MMO for real.  (Played Aion for 6months at release, have an active sub to LotRO that I haven't been able to bring myself to log into for more than 5mins since F2P announcement; was pretty bored with that game already when annoucement struck)

Heck, the last MMO that I feel I played seriously was FFXI. :o  Which brings me to one of my 'why'.  FFXIV seems to following directly in the footsteps of FFXI, good and bad.  I just don't know if I can endure the pains that I had to in my FFXI career.  I had hoped the devs had changed their outlook and learned from XI but it still seems like there is a great divide between the devs and the community, right up to Tanaka's 'them vs us' tweet.

Anywho, don't mean to rain on this thread's parade or anything... and I'm definately not a hater.  Just, quite honestly, I'm hoping something comes up to fill my free time so I don't feel like I 'need' to get this game as a filler.  

P.S. hoping for open beta to be open so I can hopefully be pursuaded that the game is worth it. (inb4 'beta is not a trial' garbage arguement since this particular open beta might as well be called a preview event; aka you don't run betas the month of release and expect it to be anything more than that)

• DareantkDareantk Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by sudo

A bunch of...crap honestly.

Come on, seriously, I just rolled my eyes out of my head. It hurts, oh, the pain.

• theinhibitortheinhibitor Member Posts: 48

was in phase 3 beta and just didnt like but we all have our likes and dislikes!!

i usually play mmo's that a circle of my friends play so i need to see if they like it or not before i really decide to pay. mmo's are much more fun with people u know :)!

/theinhibitor/

• detlikdetlik Member Posts: 76

What are there anti-grinding systems?

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

I dont know when this is going to be released ... I will probably play it as long as it does'nt come at the same time as SWTOR , but I will only play it if they have fixed the controls system from the the appalling one in the first game.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by alpheus

Not I.  Definately not I.

I've actually been trying to talk myself out of purchasing this game.  The only issue for me is that I've been soooo bored these days.  I can't remember the last time I actively played a MMO for real.  (Played Aion for 6months at release, have an active sub to LotRO that I haven't been able to bring myself to log into for more than 5mins since F2P announcement; was pretty bored with that game already when annoucement struck)

Heck, the last MMO that I feel I played seriously was FFXI. :o  Which brings me to one of my 'why'.  FFXIV seems to following directly in the footsteps of FFXI, good and bad.  I just don't know if I can endure the pains that I had to in my FFXI career.  I had hoped the devs had changed their outlook and learned from XI but it still seems like there is a great divide between the devs and the community, right up to Tanaka's 'them vs us' tweet.

Anywho, don't mean to rain on this thread's parade or anything... and I'm definately not a hater.  Just, quite honestly, I'm hoping something comes up to fill my free time so I don't feel like I 'need' to get this game as a filler. 

P.S. hoping for open beta to be open so I can hopefully be pursuaded that the game is worth it. (inb4 'beta is not a trial' garbage arguement since this particular open beta might as well be called a preview event; aka you don't run betas the month of release and expect it to be anything more than that)

Developers run Betas and open Betas and Alpha phases for a reason, those reasons not really relevant to the cannon fodder populating them but very relevant to the developer.

Betas are always what any tester wants them to be within the limitations provided by the developer, every little always help some testers help more than others but in general it is free load on the service.

Shame to hear that you are dissalusioned, but if you had fun first time around 60$ USD, is peanuts not worth worrying or concerning yourself over better to just play, that way you have all bases covered and don't miss out.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I won't be.

I'll be trying it out but I won't play a game "no matter what".  Too many other mmos out there for me to bother playing one if it doesn't meet my expectations or I feel it does not merit entertainment value to me.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• RajenRajen Member Posts: 689

I guess i'm one of those rare people that dosen't care about bugs or anything.

They never really bother me, I would of played the game if they released it in the state it was in during alpha. This goes for any MMO, the sooner it is out the better, i'm patient with bugs and hiccups and I know they will be fixed eventually and I still get to play the game while waiting.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Bugs and lag can be fixed, if the content/gameplay isn't fun or broken, then I would probably drop the game.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

I didnt get enough grouped experience in CB to tell if its a winner.  Will try to focus on that in OB.

• Hrayr2148Hrayr2148 Member Posts: 649

Pre-Ordered CE last month.  I'm a forum rat and have read all the "problems" with the game.  Nothing has changed my mind.

There are certain things in FFs that never change for me.  I know FF games disagree on which one is the best, if this FF sucked compared to the other, but majority of FFs have many components that are done well.

What things am I sure SE will do well for me to be positive about playing FFXIV?

The Music.

The Story.

The Difficulty.

The immersion.

The graphics.

The Community. (Gameplay and Game design engender a ceratin type of community, imho).

The combat/combat animations (LOVE using controller)

The International Servers/Language Translator.

(more, but won't waste your time.)

I know people bring up issues with the UI, well FFXI was clunky until I started using controller instead of keyboard.  The fatigue system, don't give a crap. If i'm not getting xp with one class, i'll switch to another, and another, and another.  In the end, i'll be a balance mother  effer....

The things SE does well far out weigh the things people are nitpicking.  I've played FF games for 15 years. 

They have earned the benefit of the doubt and then some.  You bet i'm willing to bet $75 that FFXIV is something I will enjoy.  If not, it will be no different than the crap that's out now, so why not spend the money on a company with a proven track record vs. the new commers?

EDIT: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact SE says F-U to the people complaining and keeps things as is.  Majority of games that cater to the playerbase end up lower the game to the least common denominator.  I don't care for another watered down, generic clone of what's already out there.  Too many chefs spoil the broth.  The only cook I trust in this kitchen is SE.

I'm a fanboi and proud of it.  SE has given me too many good memories and good times for me to turn my back now.

• knapleknaple Member UncommonPosts: 56

All I can say is that so far Final Fantasy 14 is pretty awesome. Using the xbox controller gives it a great mmo experience. The story is really interesting and keeps you wanting more. The quest system is great it always leaves you wanting more (some would say that it is a bad thing) and it doesnt feel like a chore. The limited number of quests give you the ability to experience more of the game such as the non-combat skills and the main story line, so there is plenty left for you to do. Being able to level multiple classes is always a fun thing too. If you want to hurry threw and level up really fast it might be hard because of the limit times you can do the guildleves but I think the lack of quests will make this a unique mmo for its time. (everyone expects there to be a million quests to do, and in my opinion can be just as tedious and boring as mob grinding.) It also allows you to actually pay attention to the storyline instead of accepting quest after quest and only reading the objective and claiming your reward. The Linkshell system is a great part of the game too it is pretty much like having multiple guilds to chat and party with. As for end game content we will all have to wait and see *and maybe hope*

~Knaple~

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Well, I'm getting the game, but I'm not expecting much from this title. I hope that my expectations will be surpassed though.

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Pretty scary question, for me grafics are not as important than mech's and community. I would play with stickmen if I could find a game that actaully works as intended. Guess that  is why WoW is high on many lists,  it works when one presses a button. I will be watching the outcome and if it operates as intended I will play,