Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do these regions work in FF14

So i noticed i had to update my region when i logged in and for some god forsaken reason Australia/Oceania falls under the European region, now i have not done my homework but have also not found anything on the net in regards to this but is there going to be diff servers for each region? US vs EU

Meaning if there is am i going to be stuck with playing on EU servers?? because if that is the case it is absoute bull@#%#$ i have never had to play an MMO via EU servers before in fact every game i have bought at the local EB logs straight into the US servers, my Ping to the EU servers would be rediculous, it is bad enough going to US servers at around 300ping.

If i am restricted to having to play EU servers then they have lost my sub as i will not pay to play a game with 500+ping especially when all my guild mates/friends will be playing the US version.

Some 1 please enlighten me as to if this is how it is going to work.

Comments

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

It more about payment options.

Beside you know the servers are universal for all regions

Japan, US, EU, and Aus get to pick the same servers.

• cliandorcliandor Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by lornphoenix

It more about payment options.

Beside you know the servers are universal for all regions

Japan, US, EU, and Aus get to pick the same servers.

Yeah i assumed that we would all be on the same one just like FF11 but why do we have to be on seperate websites e.t.c., i couldn't apply for beta under the NA section because it was not my region and apparently could not apply to the EU part because Australia wasn't an option, but now when i got to the final fantasy site after updating my country details  it takes me directly to the EU version of the site not the NA this is why i am confused, why are we being broken up like this if we are about to all jump in game on the same server?