Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Open Beta Delayed

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by ProfRed

Really of all games you would call XIV a clone?  It is one of the most unique MMORPG's to come out ever.  They are against jumping and always have been.  I would much prefer having no jumping over the hillarious jump systems in other MMO's where I have to deal with kids bunny hopping everyhopping in full sets of armor. 

I agree wholeheartedly, XIV is an extremely unique game and doesn't even remotely resemble anything I would personally consider to be a clone.

I can't believe people are still complaining about the lack of a jump feature, it doesn't enhance gameplay, and is just a fluff feature that has no bearing on how the actual game itself plays/entertains a person.

I would much rather see no jumping in a game, for the same reasons as ProfRed, then have it in and have to deal with the legions of hopping fools that particular feature produces.

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

Originally posted by FreedomBlade

I still can not believe that people want to play this. Everything I have seen about this so far makes it look just like your average auto attack EQ clone.

So no biggy that beta is delayed. Perhaps it gives them time to add the basic element of being able to jump into the engine !

1st there is no auto attack, 2nd jumping isn't needed.... tho being able to walk off small cliffs instead of walking around would be nice....

• NekrataalNekrataal Member Posts: 557

Beta delay? Oh de dums....

I still can not believe that people want to play this. Everything I have seen about this so far makes it look just like your average auto attack EQ clone.

So no biggy that beta is delayed. Perhaps it gives them time to add the basic element of being able to jump into the engine !

Oh and please do not delete this post mods as someone stating that they do not think that this game is up to much from what they have seen is NOT worthy of deleting someone's post. I am not flaming or trolling just stating my valid opinion.

Your opinion lost any weight it might have had with what I highlighted in red. There isn't an auto attack in this game...

Good day & don't let the door hit you on your way out.

• kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 304

Beta delay? Oh de dums....

Oh and please do not delete this post mods as someone stating that they do not think that this game is up to much from what they have seen is NOT worthy of deleting someone's post. I am not flaming or trolling just stating my valid opinion.

Thanks for proving that you have no idea what you are talking about. Very bad attempt at trolling though.

90% of haters are begging for love. 10% just want a little attention -- Paulo Coelho

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by Dark_HUmar

P.S

I canceled my preorder because when a company makes fals promises when a game is not even released I don't believe in the end product either. I have played FF14 already and it looked really promising but 12 hours before an open beta and they cancel the apointment then I prefer waiting on something better (in my eyes) since everyone has there own taste in games. Not saying its gonna be a bad game but not worth my waiting.

This can't be for real if it is thenm in real life you are going nowhere, you have to appreciate in life that the best planned things do not always run to schedule. Someone needs to grow up.

• EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913

Originally posted by kaltoum

(stuff)

Thanks for proving that you have no idea what you are talking about. Very bad attempt at trolling though.

I'd call it a minor success though, seeing the replies this bait triggered.

He's the kind of guy who would call any game a clone, especially when it comes to PVE. Moving along.

• pepcfreakpepcfreak Member UncommonPosts: 106

Originally posted by tryklon

Great canceled my apointments for tomorow for nothing :/ THX Square !

f you are under 12, my condolences.

If you are over 12 and less than 18 and cancelled appointments to play a game you should know that the real life is more important than a computer game.

If you are over 18 and less than 30 and cancelled appointments to play a game you are in serious need of therapy and/or a life.

If you are over 30 and cancelled appointments to play a game you should just shoot yourself =P

Best ever!

• Haven2035Haven2035 Member Posts: 54

By the way if this gives you any indication as to what kind of game SE is releasing...

The open beta was delayed due to critical errors and bugs.

You're all better off not even bothering with this game. it will be an utter waste of both your time and money.

Originally posted by Haven2035

By the way if this gives you any indication as to what kind of game SE is releasing...

The open beta was delayed due to critical errors and bugs.

You're all better off not even bothering with this game. it will be an utter waste of both your time and money.

Fail... We get it, you're a hater & we're fanboiz. Move on now & stop trolling FFXIV.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

If you are over 12 and less than 18 and cancelled appointments to play a game you should know that the real life is more important than a computer game.

If you are over 18 and less than 30 and cancelled appointments to play a game you are in serious need of therapy and/or a life.

If you are over 30 and cancelled appointments to play a game you should just shoot yourself =P

UNLESS you're over 30 and RETIRED.  Then, if you're like me, you have doctor's appointments and stuff that really shouldn't be cancelled either, but....I think shooting yourself would be too harsh.  Just my opinion, mind you. ;)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

This is not any indication of the kind of game SE is releasing. They have plenty of time to fix it. FFXI (granted it was out for a year in Japan) was the smoothest and most stable MMO at launch that I had ever played... as was Guild Wars but that's not really considered an MMO by many.

I trust FFXIV because they earned my trust with FFXI. I'm sure they will everything fixed on time. After all most other MMOs would have had the beta with the critical errors. If anything this just says that FFXIV has a higher level of standards.

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Originally posted by just1opinion

UNLESS you're over 30 and RETIRED.  Then, if you're like me, you have doctor's appointments and stuff that really shouldn't be cancelled either, but....I think shooting yourself would be too harsh.  Just my opinion, mind you. ;)

There are obviously exceptions =P

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Being released with critical errors and bugs would be far worse. Man some of you really are grasping for anything to bash this game. The game is a gem and I m glad they re fixing things before releaseing it on the public.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    I think it says a lot about the investigative prowess of this news article that what the mysterious bugs are is not known. If this was Funcom btw we would probably be praising them for delaying because of bugs rather than ruining the game experience by just going ahead anyway.
  • x_cutionerx_cutioner Member Posts: 15

So it's delayed untill the 22nd?

Originally posted by x_cutioner

So it's delayed untill the 22nd?

Short answer is: No

Maybe a day, maybe more... but if it was delayed til the 22nd, SE would have said that the OB is canceled, which they didn't.

Its only POSTPONED!

yah i didn't read there new post closely enough.. i thought it would be strange to postpone it untill then :P

• ThrenodyThrenody Member Posts: 54

You must be 11 1/2 right?  Above  your own criticism? 

Because you bother to post on gaming forums, you must like video games quite a bit.  I'd also wager that because you like video games and WoW ( ;P)  that you have at least once pushed back or avoided a real life event or activity at some point in your gaming endeavours.  

Please refrain in the future from telling grown ups what they should do or should not do.  When you grow up, maybe you'll earn that right.

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

I wasn't disappointed in SE, cause this turned out to be one of my favorite games in CB. I'm just disappointed that I can't play tomorrow... :( Even though it's beta and our characters will get wiped I am still eager to get on and just play. None the less, I'm glad to see SE wasn't going to be stubborn and release as is but saw they had some fatal error that needed attending to. If it means the end experience is going to be better, then I have no complaints whatsoever. 

I could care less when i play i probably won't play the OBT for more than a few hours i simply want to know if my computer can run it come launch time. I was dissapointed with my rigs results for the benchmark test when the only thing mediocre in my pc is the videocard.

• GoobGoob Member Posts: 398

bad news. glad I didn't preorder.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I'm guessing a week

• KitosomaKitosoma Member Posts: 11

I'm glad they postponed it. I don't want to play with 'critical bugs' in play.

(And are people really fighting in comments over cancelling an appointment? Wow... o_o)

• TuFastTuFast Member Posts: 3

I am guessing that "critical errors" might be related to the account management system, which is tied directly to FFXIV had to change before OB launch.  They've had announcements about this update for a few weeks now.  Anyway, they extended the maintenance, here's the announcement:

Square Enix Account Management system maintenance being conducted right now will be extended until Aug. 31, 2010 6:00 (PDT).

We deeply apologize for the repeated extension and any inconvenience this may be causing.

[Date & Time]

From Aug. 30, 2010 21:00 to Aug. 31, 2010 6:00 (PDT)

[Affected Services]

Square Enix Account Management System

That put it right up to launch time.  That has been completed:

The Square Enix Account Management System maintenance scheduled to end on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:00(PDT)has been completed at 5:00 (PDT).

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Hopefully that was it and we'll here some positive news shortly.

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

I'll probably skip this open beta phase altogether and purchase the game regardless. Most probably the standard edition since I doubt the CE will arrive at my door in time, seeing there's no digital copy available as of yet image