Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft raising Xbox Live membership prices

13»

Comments

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Anyone still playing the Xbox 360 needs to get with the program. PS3 is better in every single category, so jump on board. Trey for Life.

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Originally posted by xuiton

why do people keep saying how shitty the PSN is? It seems to come from only xbox fan bois.

It lets you play games online for free, it doesn't increase your lag. Lag comes from the fact that alot of console games online are peer to peer, see MW2 and not the fact that you join a server.

The only difference are the interfaces, the fee, and cross game voice chat. Thankfully, PS3 is getting cross game voice chat soon, then it'll be game over.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

Having owned an Xbox 360 and now owning a PS3, I can say I prefer the PSN setup over the Xbox Live setup. Xbox live does not really offer much more over the PSN and has those asinine bobblehead avatars which are nothing more then ripoffs of the asinine looking bobblehead Wii avatars. There is nothing about the Xbox Live service that I think warrants the subscription cost let alone a raise in the price of the subscription cost. It has been about 6 months since I last had an Xbox 360 and I didn't feel as though the Live service was worth the cost then in contrast to the FREE PSN service. Did Microsoft suddenly add a bunch of new features that warrant an extra $10 a year? I have my doubts hehe.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

60$ .... around the same price as a wireless controller. And as SgtFrog said ....its just .83 cents more a month. Hearing all the complaints from a monthly/yearly paid service from a mmorpg forum feels kind of ironic.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

I've already paid up for the next 18 months with all the deals MS tossed at us This summer. When people compare PSN and Live they seem to forget the actual XBLA. Live has amazing dl games compared to the near worthless PSN.

Edit: Right now I've completely split my gaming time up between five games Eve, DoDonPachi Ressurection (Iphone) and the other three are 360 exclusives (Alan Wake, Limbo & Castlevania HD) Can you blame me for being a bit harsh on sony? My $300+ PS3 is sitting with an inch of dust on it!!!!!

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP