Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just watched all of the Sarah Conner Chronicles *spoilers*

EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

If you haven't seen this and you have netflix, watch it. It's pretty good but dont read further lol (spoilers)

Ok, so I watched every episode of this show, and to be honest with you all I have no idea why it was cancelled after only 2 seasons? The stories were very good. Some were as good as a movie script. They couldn't have picked a better Cameron and a better Sarah Connor; although John did strike me as a whiner at times (kinda reminds me of the guy on the new "V" series).

There are some things in the two seasons that made no sense to me and I was wondering if anyone could clarify with me?

1. Remember the girl from the first few episodes? The quiet girl in the high school that John Conner wanted to get to know? She was harboring some deep secret and looked very troubled. From the direction of the series, one would have thought you were going to find out more about this quiet girl and why she was so bothered. However, the last thing you see of her was when she agreed to go to study hall with John. After that, she disappeared off of the radar. You never saw her again and John never brought her up ever again (which was odd since it looked like he was very much into her).  It was almost like the writers completely forgot about that subplot.

2. This is another one where I found that the writers completely forgot about.  The girl who killed herself after seeing grafitti images of her making out with a teach at the high school.  When the guidance counselor was probing Carmen about the girl's death, you got a sense, that the Counselor knew something...almost like he was the one who was having sex with the girl.  You could tell the story was going to develop..then nothing happened. You dont find out the mystery behind the spray painter, why the painter did what he did or even if the teacher got caught for his actions.

3. The "flashback" scene with Reese being hold up in the terminator prison. The terminators were shipping huge jet turbines to an unknown location and you were given a sense that Reese and his party was going to find out why. Also when they were captured, they were individually brought down to the basement where someone was playing a beautiful classical song on a piano. When each person got done with their ordeal in this darkened room, they were terrified and had a look of mental anguish and trauma. Machines cannot play music like that (just as Reese was shocked to see Cameron doing ballet) and it gave you a sense there was something bigger than Skynet than just machines.

These are the three biggest things in the story that I was thinking "wow..did they forgot or did they scrap it all together"? Any ideas?

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Comments

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

They canceled the show due to low ratings considering it was on the Fox Network which is notorious for cancelling good shows prime example being Firefly the only thing left on Fox worth watching is Family Guy the rest of their programming consists of reality tv for the unwashed masses, I enjoyed The Sarah Connor Chronicles myself and wished they wouldve got picked up for a 3rd season to finish their story at least.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

They canceled it, for the same reason they canceled Invader Zim.

Freaking AMAZING show, till the last half of the last season. I pretty much watched Season 1 non-stop until I was done with it. As soon as I done, I went out and bought season 2. I watched the first 4 episodes, turned it off and have never looked back. They destroyed that show. It's like half the writers quit or something. Same thing with Invader Zim if you like Cartoons. The last 4 or 5 episodes are absolutely terrible.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

yeah i noticed the same thing happen with Sliders. Its like they got different writers or something

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.