Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online Patch Delay / Update on Epic Games Upgrade

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

This was posted by Henrik today to notify of a one day delay in patching, and of the arrival of the upgrade from Epic Games:

Dear Community

Today we finally got the update from Epic Games we have been waiting on for some time now.

This will change our current schedule “under development section” because of the high priority of this update. After a long day of meetings, we will postpone our current patch till tomorrow instead of today. After this patch we will start working day and night with the new update from Epic Games.

As mentioned before this vital update gives us the following areas:

· Flash support

· SpeedTree 5 evaluation opportunity

· Proper AI and Navmesh

· Better performance both client side and server side

· Lightning and shadow performance improvement

· Overall server stability

Tomorrow we patch the following:

· Critical bug fixes

· Magic update

· New improved realistic collision system on weapons

· New creatures

· Basic tax system for land controllers

· Greater Kimuru existance will be saved even when the server is rebooted so players can progress it untill it dies.

We will update under development section with our new schedule as soon as possible.

Finally we here at Star vault would like to apologize for the unforseen problems and delays in development that has occurred, and hope that it has not caused to much of an inconvenience.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/52674-update-2010-08-30-a.html#post1009055

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Originally posted by Rohn

Finally we here at Star vault would like to apologize for the unforseen problems and delays in development that has occurred, and hope that it has not caused to much of an inconvenience.

lol? Well at least they acknowledge that there's a problem there

They really should do the "critical bug fix" stuff before implementing anything new though.. they've always done it backwards

• oshi45oshi45 Member Posts: 42

I would LOVE for AI and pathing to be patched for next week.

Anyway,   this is a pretty positive piece of news for once. 

• thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

Originally posted by randomt

They really should do the "critical bug fix" stuff before implementing anything new though.. they've always done it backwards

They're reffering to the fact many were expecting a patch today. Not all of the team can work on bugs/fixes. Last patch had many bug fixes.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

lets just hope that this is in fact an EPIC patch from Epic.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Originally posted by thorppes

They're reffering to the fact many were expecting a patch today. Not all of the team can work on bugs/fixes. Last patch had many bug fixes.

No no, what I meant was: you should make sure critical bugs are fixed before adding anything new that can confuse the issue causing something that may or may not be related to the critical bugs.

Well unless they have a test server up, with a fair amount of population, to test the stability of a critical fix and how it interacts with any other changes, like most other mmos do eh

• thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

Originally posted by thorppes

No no, what I meant was: you should make sure critical bugs are fixed before adding anything new that can confuse the issue causing something that may or may not be related to the critical bugs.

Well unless they have a test server up, with a fair amount of population, to test the stability of a critical fix and how it interacts with any other changes, like most other mmos do eh

Sounds a little expensive for SV though. The perfect situation / Reality.

• NatarayaNataraya Member Posts: 78

these are good news

more bugs will appear,  will get hopefully fixed and so on.,., we can handle.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by oshi45

I would LOVE for AI and pathing to be patched for next week.

Anyway,   this is a pretty positive piece of news for once. 

I agree - it's definitely good news, and should allow more improvements to the game.

Of course, there's no timeline or ETA on all of it yet, just the list of things it will make possible.

I know both the players and devs have been chomping at the bit for the features this upgrade will allow.  But, I'll echo the sentiments of RandomT and Jak - I hope they continue to focus on bug fixing, and that they take whatever time is necessary to implement each of these new possible features into the game, so it creates a minimum of new problems.

In any event, it really is good news.

Also, I'm really interested on what the magic update in tomorrow's patch is going to look like.

• FledoFledo Member Posts: 64

I Guess-timate about a month because the devs have said they have already completed quite a bit of it.

In regards to their patching, they don't have a public test server so they usually fix some really obvious bugs and release it, then generally we get a hot-fix within the week, and by 2 weeks everything's generally fine again. 

Then every month they tend to do a bug fixing patch for all the little bugs left out along the way.

Its not perfect, but its a decent, yet somewhat annoying option that provides a small company like SV value for money. (Plus I don't think enough people would play on the test server since the population isn't enough ATM) 

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Awesome, now they wont have an excuse anymore for not implementing certain features or game being broken.

• challe50challe50 Member UncommonPosts: 21

So nice, I have waited for th AI navemesh for a long time now.

Thank you SV for all the hard work.

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

I have waited for this patch for more than a month now. It is a very important patch that will help SV to solve many things. 

Now SV can start patching in the rest of the content they have prepared that require more advance AI. SV can also add more town NPC's. Performance on both client and server will become much better. Also better GUI (flash) and more nice trees etc ....

I have fun playing MO today, but I can wait to see what we get in the coming weeks. I have now ordered a new comp!

Thanks Star Vault for continuing developing this great game!

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Diekfoo

I have waited for this patch for more than a month now. It is a very important patch that will help SV to solve many things. 

Now SV can start patching in the rest of the content they have prepared that require more advance AI. SV can also add more town NPC's. Performance on both client and server will become much better. Also better GUI (flash) and more nice trees etc ....

I have fun playing MO today, but I can wait to see what we get in the coming weeks. I have now ordered a new comp!

Thanks Star Vault for continuing developing this great game!

I agree, this upgrade has the potential to really allow greater future development for the game, and significant improvements to the existing game - including some performance and stability enhancements.

I hope they take their time with integrating this update into the game.