Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamescom footage - Shatterer Boss Fight

schroedingerschroedinger Member Posts: 23

Gamescon footage (only up to 360p) with voiceovers from an Arenanet person (not sure who). As the employee's arm says, this encounter starts mid-story, so lots has already happened. They just wanted to show the big, shiny dragon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX8GJcGIVbI

Per Skeaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUVLclPDCBE

1080p resolution, no employee talking (and no employee arm)

*edited - thought it was Gamescon (like games convention) not gamescom.

Comments

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Holy crap... That video clip was crazy. Real solid pve in a game not made by Blizzard or Turbine? Go go Anet!!!!!'

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Full 1080p, no voiceovers, different player

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• schroedingerschroedinger Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by skeaser

Full 1080p, no voiceovers, different player

Thanks :) i couldnt find the really nice resolution - but its nice to hear what the employee guy is saying about what's going on. Adding this link to the OP if you don't mind.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Wartower.de  these guys did some xcellent stuff in the Gamesom GW2 movie production,,,

We should all send them a nice thank you kindly message....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by schroedinger

*edited - thought it was Gamescon (like games convention) not gamescom.

Talking out of my... I think when the event was in Leipzig it was called "Games Convention", after moving to Cologne it was renamed to "Gamescom"

I wonder, why you guys ignore cypher´s sticky thread. Wouldbe a nice gathering.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Wartower.de  these guys did some xcellent stuff in the Gamesom GW2 movie production,,,

Yup. The "uncut" videos are epic, albeit a bit long for me to watch someone play an MMO. Still good to jump around in and get a peek of all sorts of play.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

GW2 fans really handled pre and post GC materials phenomenally. Not only is there a shit ton of it, but it's also from different players all over the board who participated. I know I just today discovered this one low-mid human female ranger video. Major props.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

I died a little inside (from seeing this before I actually get into the game, would have been so much epic seeing this fro the first time when I was actually playing the game myself) when I saw that dragon appear! That is REALLY REALLY AWESOME!

• frankahfrankah Member UncommonPosts: 73

I played GW1 a little. I have both prophecies and Factions, and I thought GW was a mediocre game. Nothing bad, but nothing that was amazing.

Honestly. I wasn't giving GW2 much thought, any attention, or even a glimpse (as I thought it was be something similar to GW1, and it wouldn't perk my interest.)

Now, from watching all these movies and reading the columns, GW2 is a definite to buy game. The events remind of Warhammer PQs, but on a MUCH larger scale. (Atleast that Shatter boss fight)

Hopefully the classes will be fun to play, because TERA, RIFT, and GW2 are on my to do list.

FFXIV may or may not, as  i've not looked into the fatigue system (But have been in beta for 2 phases now)

• MysticshamanMysticshaman Member Posts: 72

That was awesome! I can't wait to play GW2!  This game almost makes me forget SWTOR!