Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth Report!(Game Play)

saya1965saya1965 Member Posts: 46

FE is so vast that its all about searching and finding that spot, grind mats, grind for chips(gold) or mission locations. It will take a player hardcore player 3 to 4 months to level with there first toon. More with a casual player. Depending on what weapon type you use.

Melee will level faster then rifleman or pistol-er. Because you don't have to grind for ammo. All throw combat as a rifleman is easier. Melee is the next easiest. With pistol-er the hardest. As game mechanics goes some ranged weapons do add negtive to you melee and some melee add negytive to your ranged. But it does balance out at the end. My first toon was a rifleman/healer. I found it very fun to play. Now I am playing a melee character and finding it really fun to play.

The best way to explain clans(RE Guilds) in FE. Is like it this, Clans are good places to learn the game, They also form alliances with clans, and declare war on others using a faction based system. You can choose to join a clan or go solo, There are 2 types of clans in FE faction and omni. Faction is were you have to be allied with their facton, Were Omni is were you can be any faction.

There are 3 main area's in FE sector 1,2 and 3. when you hit sector 2 you can choose a faction. As you level you have a choice of 6 factions to ally with. Depending on the faction you can get gear or ability or both.The factions are Vista, Enforcer,Chota, Travelers Lightbearers, techs

Factions video

There are 3 types pvp in FE one is conflict towns. The other is called Blood Sports which can be fun at endgame. Normal Clan Wars. There has been story's told in-game were players stand shifts to protect their conflict town.

There are 4 deferant que'ed Pvp. Capture the Flag, Survival, assault, and death match. I have played capture the flag many times and found it to be good fun.

Pvp Video

In my travels I found 5 Instances in FE. One in sector 1, One is sector 2, and 2 is sector 3. As instance dungeon stomping goes. I have found the ones in sector 1 and 2 fun to do. I have not yet gotten to sector 3.

As a player on my first FPS mmo I find it very fun to play and if you like FPS games I HIGHLY suggest trying it.

I would like to thank Suspicious Cheese and the Clans that made pvp and instance videos that I pulled off You Tube.

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I love Fallen Earth, also love FPS games, but do NOT mix the two up with letting people expect FE to be full FPS as it aint.

While it has First Person Shooting view, the game simply does not respond the way it does in regular FPS games.

Just wanted to add this as it could turn into a disappointed for new players to expect the same type of FPS gameplay as known from regular FPS games, the response time is quite different when comparing the two.

Fallen Earth is a hybrid FPS type of MMORPG, with a hugh open world, with just some sandbox feature's, mixed with RPG, changed missions, world PVP, Conflict towns that can be conquered thru pvp'ing, Bloodsports which are similar to arena's with gameplay like Capture the Flag or Free For All type of play, they are still working on many things to improve the PVP experiance ingame,

It has in my opinion on of the best crafting systems atleast when comparing to most MMORPG with crafting since 2005, while there are some F2P games that do have some better crafting, it's the amount of things you are able to make and the time it actually takes which also can be done ofline what makes crafting very worthwhile. To me till today no crafting system has beaten Star Wars Galaxies resources harvesting and crafting, but I consider Fallen Earths crafting to take a second place, which is all meant as my own opinion.

But regardless of what I said, why is this placed in the none-MMORPG section? Why not in hte Fallen Earth Section on this forum or at the Pub which is the place to talk about MMORPG's?

Oh and yes it's the best MMORPG since StarWars galaxies to ME, which doesn't make it the "BEST GAME" but merly makes it the best towards what I personaly want/need from my MMORPG experiance.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

I've noticed Fallen Earth has been getting a bit more attention lately. More substantially there gaining a following of loyal customers. Sorta like EvE did early on. Thats the thing with small game studio's though. It could take 6 years before the game resembles anything pulling in a larger crowd. Meh, doesn't bug me though. Its nice to be a niche market. The one thing that you have to tolerate are the people who come in and can't stand it and roar how its not like what there used to. Excepting your a niche market takes a bit of tolerance.

In anycase I really enjoy the game. I'm mostly a Lightbearer Swordsman. Not to many of us around it would see. I like the feel of wandering into the waste. Doing patrols for Scavenger camps and generally just RPing the hell out of it. 

• StravasStravas Member Posts: 32

I tired the free trial several months ago and was pleasantly surprised by many aspects of the game (openness of the world and the crafting system in particular) but didn't end up subbing. The recently announced development plans for the game definitely caught my attention however, particularly the revamping of the combat system to make it more action-oriented . . . something I haven't found much of in the other MMOs I've tried with the exception of AOC. So, I'm definitely thinking about giving the game a more serious try. The RP potential of the game seems terrific as well!

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767

Ive been playing the trial for the last few days and I have to say I love it. The last time I played the game was in closed beta so my thoughts on FE state at this point are nothing but postivie. Overall I am finding the game to be a more complex experiance than most mmos out there, while at the same time it is very accesible. I did not get the feeling I was being thrown into open water. Step by step I got a hang of combat, lvling, crafting and so on. I consider this one of the best aspects of the whole game. Making a game such as this accesible to someone who has played WoW for the last year is quite an achievement. Oh and the game has a ton of achivements, fuck yeah=p Its also a breath of fresh air when you understand that crafting is actually usefull if not mandatory.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Techleo

I've noticed Fallen Earth has been getting a bit more attention lately. More substantially there gaining a following of loyal customers. Sorta like EvE did early on. Thats the thing with small game studio's though. It could take 6 years before the game resembles anything pulling in a larger crowd. Meh, doesn't bug me though. Its nice to be a niche market. The one thing that you have to tolerate are the people who come in and can't stand it and roar how its not like what there used to. Excepting your a niche market takes a bit of tolerance.

In anycase I really enjoy the game. I'm mostly a Lightbearer Swordsman. Not to many of us around it would see. I like the feel of wandering into the waste. Doing patrols for Scavenger camps and generally just RPing the hell out of it. 

It's a fun game to RP in and the whole wasteland theme is done very well. Wife and I started to do some in-character stories a while back and I'm thinking of revisiting that.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• angrymimeangrymime Member Posts: 154

I'm a picky old school mmo gamer who started with UO at release and played almost every game up to aion and ffxiv beta.  Been checking out the looking for game forums.. looking for something enticing.. found the Fallen Earth 15 day trial and subbed after 2 days in!  I'm still only scratching the surface (lvl 10) but enjoying the ambience and having an immersive experience thus far.. I will be sure to report back with an update on how I feel about pvp and end game!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

What the heck.  While I'm very leary of the FPS combat system, I always said "one day" I'd give this game a try, so looks like this is that day.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon