Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gods & Heroes stress test on 8/28

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Thanks for the heads up!  I would have missed the invite in my EMail if I hadn't seen your post.

I hope they can get this game back on track.. I was enjoying the beta and was shocked when it was "put on hold" so near to release.  It wasn't perfect by any means.. but the minion system was very cool.. and I love the setting.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Oh? Isn't that the game which died before release? It sounded cool, so I hope it gets a chance. Tho I know nothing about it but the setting and the screenshots & vids from back then.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• MiffyMiffy Member Posts: 244

I played the beta years back and it wasn't good, really just the foundations of the game sucked and they'll never be fixed. Mostly importantly for me is the game didn't feel like a world, it felt more like a series of maps.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Originally posted by Miffy

I played the beta years back and it wasn't good, really just the foundations of the game sucked and they'll never be fixed. Mostly importantly for me is the game didn't feel like a world, it felt more like a series of maps.

You mean like Guild Wars, Everquest, Everquest 2, Star Wars Galaxies and dozens of other MMOs that use zones :)

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

I guess it's all a matter of taste because I was totally sucked into the setting.   The main complaint I had was about server stability and lag, but I just really loved the gameworld.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I'm right there with you. When I played, it felt too much like it was on a linear path. The game world wasn't opened up, the borders were too prevalent. I doubt they've changed any of that, but who knows, maybe it can be fun in its own way. I was *really* excited for this game when I was watching all the videos and reading up on it back in the day.

so...

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

To be honest, when this game was put on hold, i was not in the least surprised. The graphiocs sucked, the combat was not good either, the animations were choppy and jerky in movement. The game had lots of bugs that if they did release this game, the company would have taken a major hit with dissatisfied players. In todays market, they would have to release a far superior game than what that is now, especially if they are wanting to charge a monthly price. The conception was a good idea, the execution of it was poor. If that game has had work restart on it again after all these years, then i would fully expect a complete overhaul of the game in every way (complete re-write of the game engine, graphics, controls, animations ect).

• VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177

I'm guessing you nay sayers are the ones from the last stage of beta before it was canceled. considering thats when most of the major issues started from the overhaul of the servers and their recent patch. Anyways, the game was amazing but again it was a fucking beta you run into choppy animations, server stability, etc. if you don't like it then don't play a game in BETA.. You're there to provide feedback and suggestions.. not to sit there choke your chicken and complain and never do anything about it. Look where canceling this game got them an even worse game with worse stability a stupid story and a bunch of nerds raging... This game won E3 has a better story and it brought a new system to MMO's that many F2P MMO's have already stolen (minion system). Heatwave is an entirely different developer with a different agenda for the game. I'm sure we will still see a lot of the same game from back in 07 but if they really werent changing much it wouldn't take them this long to pop this game out into release it was already nearly finished.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

well all i know is i wanna play me some gods and heroes, even if its testing and giving feedback, i got me an account verified email, just need a beta key..............

Actually it was a last stage BETA which means the only thing that may change was server stability, the graphics would not change the character annimations would not change either and many other aspects would not change, what you saw in that stage of beta would be what you would get and it was utter shite to what other games had released at.

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701

Quick question when i try to launch the game it says does not recognize account or something along those lines, i know server is not up yet,is everyone getting the same thing that has registered a key?

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

It wasn't good enough for 2008, but it might just be good enough for today.

(oooh, cynicism!)

Originally posted by solarine
    It wasn't good enough for 2008, but it might just be good enough for today.
    (oooh, cynicism!)

I think you mean... 2006! doh!

so...

2007 :)

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

Don't know why any of you are surprised by naysayers. It's the nature of this site. Some people find it worth their time to bring down a game for one reason or another. Just like they are saying it wasn't good enough back then. Wellt he reason it wasn't could do with the fact the company went belly up and couldn't properly invest into the game? And now a different company is overseeing it and stated there were changes needed so to expect the exact same issues may be a bit premature.

Either way it goes I'll wait and see. There's no point in being judgmental at this point and being one of the naysayers who get a kick out of it. So wait and make a decision for yourself.

• motorthormotorthor Member Posts: 48

Crap, my installer just keeps crashing :s

Downloading it again now, dont want to miss this relaunch!

Originally posted by Manestream
    2007 :)

But the videos we were all watching of the world were from 2006. I'm sure of that!

so...