Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Two Faces of WoW. WTF! I want a divorce!

124»

Comments

• GarfunkelGarfunkel Member UncommonPosts: 224

Originally posted by just1opinion

[snip]  I don't miss WoW.  I miss what WoW USED to be and is no longer. It's not going to return to that state. [/snip] 

Amen to that. WoW had a great vibe back in the day. It's such a different place now

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Usually at least once a year or so, folks will resub to WoW - something will strike that nostalgic nerve - bam, they are back again - usually remembering all the reasons they quit the year before within a few minutes.

Some go back trying to capture a little of what it was, finding that as times goes by - Blizzard does all they can to make sure there is as little of what it was still around.

No game offers what it was.  Nobody really wants what it is.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by jvxmtg

Originally posted by yippee22

~snip~

The game play changed, the game I bought is gone, there has been no effort to sustain the game I bought in the first place just a slow and methodical push to change my play style. I have not changed, I am still the same as I was when I committed to this path, I still want the same play you gave me when we first met. I can no longer stomach the thought of the two faced nature of your tactics so I want a divorce!

~snip~

You are not alone. By the time Blizzard started rolling out info about Cataclysm, I feel the same way. The hunter I grew with for 5 years is gone. Everything I know about my hunter has been flushed down the drain and Blizzard is forcing me to relearn everything. And I agree, WoW is no longer the game I purchased and I divorced WoW back in June.

Break the chains. Be free.

same here dude and I'm glad I moved on

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• yippee22yippee22 Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by VirusDancer

Usually at least once a year or so, folks will resub to WoW - something will strike that nostalgic nerve - bam, they are back again - usually remembering all the reasons they quit the year before within a few minutes.

Some go back trying to capture a little of what it was, finding that as times goes by - Blizzard does all they can to make sure there is as little of what it was still around.

No game offers what it was.  Nobody really wants what it is.

Well said!

• ZaovrantarZaovrantar Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by just1opinion

Not everyone is forever seduced by WoW. Some people actually leave and do not return. Blizzard LONG AGO crossed the point of no return for me.  Once you step over that boundary....there's just no turning back. 

It would be like going back to my ex-husband who punched me in the jaw one time.  ONE motha fuckin' time. Unlike some women....I left that asshole and never looked back.  I don't give second chances to abusers whether they are abusing me personally, my pocket book, or my time.

I like myself too much to ever play WoW again. LOL

my my, some people take gaming much too seriously.

Abused, and punched ...

A game can never be a substitute for real life issues. You talk about Wow like you talk about another person. Odd.

It's a game. WTF. And that last sentence - followed by "LOL" ? What does that mean? You like yourself too much to play a game?

BTW: Please don't answer it. I don't care reading about your mental health. Drama.