Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is pay per month?

i can't get this game if i have to pay per month i hate games paying 15$ a month

Comments

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

no payment model has been announced yet

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

You act like it's their fault. They're trying to give a quality product, and that requires money to pay for STAFF, SERVER COSTS, and DEVELPEMENT costs to keep the game up and running.

Yes, the game is pay to play, and a GREAT many people are cheering because of that.

All that aside, the game isn't for me because of their art direction (aimed at kids, stupid clone wars animated series >_>).

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

You act like it's their fault. They're trying to give a quality product, and that requires money to pay for STAFF, SERVER COSTS, and DEVELPEMENT costs to keep the game up and running.

Yes, the game is pay to play, and a GREAT many people are cheering because of that.

All that aside, the game isn't for me because of their art direction (aimed at kids, stupid clone wars animated series >_>).

no there has been no talk about payment model yet.

• KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

I think most would be shocked if it isn't $15/month. It just HAS to be. With the budget they got on this thing, they need to make every penny possible.

Originally posted by gameguy369

I think most would be shocked if it isn't $15/month. It just HAS to be. With the budget they got on this thing, they need to make every penny possible.

i agree, i think it will be a monthly sub. but officially nothing has been said about it yet :)

• agagaagaga Member Posts: 273

Originally posted by miagisan

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

no there has been no talk about payment model yet.

Actually, that's not strictly speaking true. Just before Bioware even announced the game, John Riccitiello, the CEO of EA which owns Bioware, announced that his new Star Wars game - which we now know to be SWOTOR - would be built on a microtransaction revenue model (ie. item shop plus). After a day or so of much speculation on forums, includiong this one, Bioware issued a statement that half-denied this saying that this was only one of several payment models that were being considered. Whether Riccitiello was talking out of his arse - which he is prone to do - or whether he was blurting out some actual truth before it had been properly prepared and processed by his marketing people - which he is also prone to do - won't be known until the revenue model is officially announced.

Personally, this game looks to me to be a SRPG with networking features - and I don't like the idea of having to pay a monthly 'rent' to play an SRPG that I own.

• michaelmnnmichaelmnn Member Posts: 39

Originally posted by miagisan

Originally posted by gameguy369

i agree, i think it will be a monthly sub. but officially nothing has been said about it yet :)

You are really loving that statement aren't you lol.

But id prefer if it was only retail.. But thats just me

• SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323

Ok wow.  The entire game is going to be voice acted and you don't think that's going to be pay to play?  Think about all the money a regular game like World of Warcraft spends to develop a game.  Now, think of that added to the fact that they have to pay a bunch of actors too.  I've got two words for you, "COME ON".

• XiroXiro Member UncommonPosts: 118

I'm sure we'd all like it to be just buying fee, and no monthly subscription (like GWs), but honestly thats not how its going to go. I'm hoping that they put enough time and effort into this game, to the point where they need to make it a monthly fee, just to profit (i mean, if a game puts 100 million in a game, but only makes 80 million in return, whats the point? companies need to make a profit, to make new games, simple as that) i'm suspecting, and hoping this game will be a sub game, just because i find those have a better community, are upgraded more frequently, and have better customer service, but this is just me. ;P and my hopes for swtors ;P

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

all i know is if they dont make jump to lightspeed space content for swtor, i wont play it. if its space on rails starfox 1 ship per class shooter, with mediocre ground play, well wtf, what rubbish!

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by TheUnknownM

i can't get this game if i have to pay per month i hate games paying 15$ a month

Welcome to the real world. Not sure anyone really cares if you cn pay or not a discussion about F2P and P2P may be a better approach but that old horse has been beaten to death.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

I certainly hope it's a monthly fee.  I hate this new "pay per use" or "pay for stuff" shit.  I give you $15 a month, you keep the game running and update and you give me access to everything in the game.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • unbound55unbound55 Member UncommonPosts: 325

As others have pointed out, the pay model is not officially announced yet.

As an aside, most games that cost $15 / month tend to cost the player less overall.  The reason for the micro-transactions model is that whereas people complain about putting out $15 / month, most people don't even think about kicking out $5 to $10 a week on micro transactions...so most people actually end up paying more in the micro-transactions model.

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

It will most likely have a monthly fee. I hope it stays at that, but the WoW-Model is not such a turn off, pets, character transfer, race etc.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Originally posted by Xiro

I'm sure we'd all like it to be just buying fee, and no monthly subscription (like GWs), but honestly thats not how its going to go. I'm hoping that they put enough time and effort into this game, to the point where they need to make it a monthly fee, just to profit (i mean, if a game puts 100 million in a game, but only makes 80 million in return, whats the point? companies need to make a profit, to make new games, simple as that) i'm suspecting, and hoping this game will be a sub game, just because i find those have a better community, are upgraded more frequently, and have better customer service, but this is just me. ;P and my hopes for swtors ;P

I agree. If this game isnt good enough to warrant a sub fee then I wont bother with it.  Im hoping there will be no cash shop as well, but I have a bad feeling there will be one.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

is this thread even real? of course there will be a monthly fee. of course it will be $15/month. why would it be lower than the rest? why would it be higher than the rest? jeez, some of the crap you people post are unbelievable.

• Demonspirit8Demonspirit8 Member Posts: 54

Maybe wait for another single player swtor then. Nothing in life is free consider that lesson free but i require a 14.95 USD processing fee.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they up the monthly from 14.99 to 16.99 for this game. Its bound to happen. Eventually the sub fees go up.

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Originally posted by Techleo

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they up the monthly from 14.99 to 16.99 for this game. Its bound to happen. Eventually the sub fees go up.

I agree. Ive been expecting a sub increase for sometime. With console games and even SC2 fetching $60 its going to happen. I for one would gladly pay more in sub fees for a quality game as opposed to the P2P cash shop or a F2P model.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by Philby

I agree. Ive been expecting a sub increase for sometime. With console games and even SC2 fetching $60 its going to happen. I for one would gladly pay more in sub fees for a quality game as opposed to the P2P cash shop or a F2P model.

These games are as cheap as chips with respect to leaisure time gained against cost. I wish they would increase the costs for a number of reasons. More cash to develop the game , and we may get rid of the kiddie squabblers who ruin these games.

Sadly they may loose too much revenue if they increase the costs, but havinga  better class of p-layer may help all around and the kiddies can go play F2P.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by Isane

Originally posted by Philby

These games are as cheap as chips with respect to leaisure time gained against cost. I wish they would increase the costs for a number of reasons. More cash to develop the game , and we may get rid of the kiddie squabblers who ruin these games.

Sadly they may loose too much revenue if they increase the costs, but havinga  better class of p-layer may help all around and the kiddies can go play F2P.

You might be very suprised to find that most of the bad people in our MMO's are actually people that make enough money to run 10+ subscriptions of the game. By increasing the monthly cost its not going to fix any issue other then they better stepup there game when it comes to support and quality.

But so far there has not been any word if the game will or will not have a monthly fee.  They have hinted several times at some type of hybrid payment system. 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

Rummor was in the begining, it's going to be $12.99 per month, with some fluff items and services. Remember the supposed "leak thread" on a certain site before the game was announced? Whoever wrote that has been 100% correct on every aspect they posted. Which leads me to belive it was actually done on purpose by someone tied to BioWare. If that's the case you will pay for the game, but not as much as everyone thinks. Eitherway all any of us can do is wait and see.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

to the OP, go play some free java game. If you can't afford $15 a month you have different problems you need to spend time on, or just prioritise different.

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198

While no official payment model has been announced, it's more than fair to suspect a p2p model of 14.99/month. 

You're a 22 year old male who can't pay $15.00 a month to play the game as well failing to formulate a proper sentence. 

Well, I'd prefer you not play the game. Nor any other that I play. 

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"