Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which characters in the movies or the Kotor series were able to turn invisible?

Lots of  invisible rogue-type invisible characters in this game but I don't remember invisibility in any of the Kotor games or the six SW movies. Doesn't seem very 'iconic and star-warsy' to me.

Comments

• naraku209naraku209 Member Posts: 226

In Kotor and Kotor 2 there were Belts you could get that enabled Cloaking for a short time

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

......? You could cloak as any class with a belt in KotOR...

There were cutscences with many characters doing that.  Did we play different KotORs?  Was even a stealth attack for a certain jedi if I recall.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Originally posted by Swanea

......? You could cloak as any class with a belt in KotOR...

There were cutscences with many characters doing that.  Did we play different KotORs?  Was even a stealth attack for a certain jedi if I recall.

agaga claims to play kotor many times during these types of posts, but obiously never has.

In KOTOR anyone could go invisible just by looting or receiving and equipping an invisibility belt.

In fact there was a required portion of the game when defeating the rancor where the quest TOLD you to put on the invisibility belt.

• crockopoopoocrockopoopoo Member Posts: 119

It's not icon and Star Warsy, it's MMOish and MMOish.  Best you purge all thoughts of an MMO accurately replicating an existing IP now, else you'll be mighty disappointed later.

• agagaagaga Member Posts: 273

Originally posted by crockopoopoo

It's not icon and Star Warsy, it's MMOish and MMOish.  Best you purge all thoughts of an MMO accurately replicating an existing IP now, else you'll be mighty disappointed later.

I think you're right. SWG came close but this SWOTOR looks like it's going in another direction.

Originally posted by Darkholme

Originally posted by agaga

Lots of  invisible rogue-type invisible characters in this game but I don't remember invisibility in any of the Kotor games or the six SW movies. Doesn't seem very 'iconic and star-warsy' to me.

Bad troll is bad... and I mean really, really pathetic bad.

Calm down. It was just an honest thought - invisibility plays no part in the Star Wars films and, from what other posters have reminded me, only a tiny part of the Kotor mythos. It's a pity this game can't be more Star Wars. I know you agree.

• alextodoalextodo Member UncommonPosts: 236

I think it was called Stealth Field Generator or something along those lines. Everyclass could use them. They more most seen on Sith Assassins.

• alextodoalextodo Member UncommonPosts: 236

Calm down. It was just an honest thought - invisibility plays no part in the Star Wars films and, from what other posters have reminded me, only a tiny part of the Kotor mythos. It's a pity this game can't be more Star Wars. I know you agree.

What do the Star Wars Movies have to do with SWTOR ?!?

The Stealth Belt played a massive role in the Sith Tactics. I cant even count how many stealthed Sith I had to fight in both Kotor 1 and 2.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Have you met the nightsisters?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMCCaSiWn1U&feature=related

Also,

Stealth field generators were special types of belts that saw use primarily around the time of the Jedi Civil War and the years following it. Essentially a portable, personal cloaking device, stealth field generators made their users all but invisible at medium and long ranges; however, a clumsy user could be easily detected in close quarters. Also, unless a master of stealth, the user could not maintain the stealth field while running.

Some Mandalorian armor designs, such as those worn by scouts, featured stealth field generators built into them. Examples of this could be found among the warriors who served under Mandalore Canderous Ordo in 3,951 BBY, on their reclaimed base on the Onderonian moon of Dxun. There were also several advanced versions of the stealth field generator; some were enhanced with sound-dampening technology to make them more effective at closer ranges. Actions involving sudden outward movement, such as engaging in combat, left the wearer visible; despite this, using such generators enabled combatants so equipped to engage in devastating sneak attacks.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth_field_generator

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

I think you're right. SWG came close but this SWOTOR looks like it's going in another direction.

They had spies in swg, so what is your point?

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

Originally posted by skeaser

So the nightsisters are going to be invisible in the new cartoon are they? I don't remember them being invisible in the comics or the novels. Maybe I missed that.

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

That's because you never played KOTOR.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

Originally posted by sungodra

Lol. Sure.

So the nightsisters are going to be invisible in the new cartoon are they? I don't remember them being invisible in the comics or the novels. Maybe I missed that.

Yeah, think it's a new Clone Wars thing.

in the books, i think it was the Hand of Thrawn series, Luke goes to bust out Talon Karrde with Mara Jade, and to do so...he touches the mind of some pilots with the force, allowing him to walk past them unseen or too insiginificant to notice....almost as if he was...invisible to them all.

Lol. Sure.

Then you would know about stealth...

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

RAWR SWG RAWR!

Save yourself some time and just post the above from now on.

My point?

Putting 'magical invisibility' into Star Wars is crap and is just another indication of how sub-standard and kiddie-aimed this game is going to be. I certainly hope a lot of people don't waste their money preordering, don't you?

Originally posted by miagisan

in the books, i think it was the Hand of Thrawn series, Luke goes to bust out Talon Karrde with Mara Jade, and to do so...he touches the mind of some pilots with the force, allowing him to walk past them unseen or too insiginificant to notice....almost as if he was...invisible to them all.

quoting myself, cause it was also in one of the greatest series books ever written for star wars....so no it wasn't a kiddie game thing

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Just throwing it out there, because I'm not that big of a star wars buff,  but aren't bothans able to go stealth?  Not even sure if they'll be playable in the game..or their role in the movies,  but I was pretty sure in some of the Star Wars games the bothans definitely were stealth.

Oh, and of course, you could definitely stealth in KOTOR.

Lol. Sure.

Fuck that. I played the last Kotor six years ago. Stealth was one tiny, throwaway aspect of the game. I forgot. My bad.  Trying to use it as an excuse to make three characters in SWTOR 'magically invisible' is a reach at best.

My point?

Putting 'magical invisibility' into Star Wars is crap and is just another indication of how sub-standard and kiddie-aimed this game is going to be. I certainly hope a lot of people don't waste their money preordering, don't you?

But it is "Star Warsy". Aside from KoTOR, stealth field generators were used in the Jedi Civil War. Mandalorian scouts have special armor with stealth generators built in. Some even had sound dampening.

There's more to Star Wars than 6 movies and 2 games...

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Lol. Sure.

Fuck that. I played the last Kotor six years ago. Stealth was one tiny, throwaway aspect of the game. I forgot. My bad.  Trying to use it as an excuse to make three characters in SWTOR 'magically invisible' is a reach at best.

Not so much in the scope that there were plenty of characters in KOTOR that were often stealthed,  not to mention you,  who could stealth at any time.... so its not overreaching at all..

• ActusActus Member UncommonPosts: 48

Originally posted by miagisan

You mean he didn't have a Stealth Field Generator belt and goggles that enhanced the ability with super Sensor gloves?  ...stupid books.

Aurelion-Ellwaen-Aulric

Lol. Sure.

But you used not remembering as a reason it shouldn't be in this game, now that you remember, do you think it's okay to be in the game. You know KoTR had stealth classes too, right?