Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused again... AOC - LOTRO - EQ2???

ntragasntragas Member Posts: 17

So i was nearly ready to stop searching and w8 till september 10th to start playing lotro just because i thought that it would be the better f2p mmo...but i found out that if you want to complete this game with only one character you will find yourself paying more than expected(quest packs/ expansions monster arena ...) .

Same goes for eq2 which was my second option.

(i dont want to start another lotro vs eq2 war i just picked lotro cause its a newer game)

So here is my question ... if i am gona give money to play lotro why dont play AOC ?i ve read everywhere that this game is far better than the other two.and with a very small fee if you find the 60 day time card.I will play with 2 friends we both like pve instances

and want to have a good story line and good graphics .

Comments

• DrilDril Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by ntragas

So here is my question ... if i am gona give money to play lotro why dont play AOC ?i ve read everywhere that this game is far better than the other two.and with a very small fee if you find the 60 day time card.I will play with 2 friends we both like pve instances

and want to have a good story line and good graphics .

First off, a sub and a gamecard aren't that different, so why don't you just sub to one of the f2p options and get the full benefit and consider that.

Secondly: LOTRO and EQ2 (at the moment) have vastly superior communities, numbers of players and quantities of content compared to AoC. EQ2 has a metric shit load of dunegons, LOTRO has a lot, AoC has a fair few; AoC actually has the most raids now (I think) then EQ2, then LOTRO (I'm talking at the level cap here.) Storyline is hands down LOTRO, although AoC does actually have a nice stab at it, although there's far too little; EQ2 is somewhere in between. 

I wasted a lot of money on AoC; it's essentially WoW sans WoW's convenience and polish and open world. But with better graphics. So, I'd strongly advise LOTRO or EQ2 rather than AoC.

RIFT was a *crushing* disappointment; a shallow, loveless, generic MMO the likes of which hasn't been seen in a P2P format since, well, forever.

Eagerly awaiting: World of Darkness, ArcheAge.

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

EQ2 > LoTRO > AoC

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

All three have good PVE content though I believe EQ2 and LOTRO have the upper edge.

I would say go for LOTRO as it has the better story also a better community imo.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon