Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Correct me if im wrong but...

Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

Didn't blizzard say something like "Were happy to announce a "hero class" because it will help us introduce more class' in the future". No new class yet. Not that im not looking forward to Cata but if they want to keep me. New class will need to be before Old Republic ^_^

Comments

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

I think they had enough work done with CATA.  All the old world redone, 2 new races with new starting zones, level cap to 85.  Hero classes can wait more.

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

I agree for the most part. but having played EQ2 and having so many races and class' to choose from makes WoW seem so small. but meh. I get my Gnome Priest after 5 long years so whateve :)

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Well Blizzard seems to follow a pattern. First xpack was two new races, second xpack one new class, third xpack two new races. So a new class likely won't occur until the fourth expansion.

They had to make a ton of changes in Cataclysm as well. The new 1-60 experience is a ton of work in itself. They had to write all new quests for both continents for levels ranging from 1-60 and 80-85. Not to mention they are reworking the majority if not all of the glyphs, adding reforging and archaeology. Not to mention that they are still working on reconstructing every single talent tree in game, while having to maintain something resembling balance.

Plus they are adding new dungeons, new raids, an underwater zone, tons of new mobs (not just reskins), new battlegrounds, rated battleground system. Oh and they also had to rebuild Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor to allow for flight.

I don't think people fully understand how much work has been involved with the making of Cataclysm.

In other words: I wouldn't hold your breath for a new class. At least not for a couple of years.

doing holiday quests is going to be a joke now ha ha. to bad I did them all already

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by Joshua69

I agree for the most part. but having played EQ2 and having so many races and class' to choose from makes WoW seem so small. but meh. I get my Gnome Priest after 5 long years so whateve :)

if  you go by EQ2 and most games like Warhammer's classes,  WOW has about 25 different classes.   Some specs in WOW (especially things like warriors, druids, shamen etc) play so differently that they are more different than some classes in most games.  I know in Warhammer, for instance, they boasted about a large number of classes, but so many of them played exactly the same and just the names of spells were changed (barely).

Describe to me a playstyle (without using a title/name) and I'll tell you what it is in WOW.   They will never do a class that is based on buffs (ie bards in d&d etc) or anything like that.

The only thing I ever come up with is a monk type character ( cloth armor, lots of agility etc).  but again, i doubt anything like that will ever happen because it would require a completely new set of armor stats, which they are trying to move away from ( ie bear druids using rogue leather etc).

I dont' see another class coming any time soon.  There isn't a niche for anything and they are a nightmare to balance from the ground up.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

Originally posted by Kaneth

Well Blizzard seems to follow a pattern. First xpack was two new races, second xpack one new class, third xpack two new races. So a new class likely won't occur until the fourth expansion.

They had to make a ton of changes in Cataclysm as well. The new 1-60 experience is a ton of work in itself. They had to write all new quests for both continents for levels ranging from 1-60 and 80-85. Not to mention they are reworking the majority if not all of the glyphs, adding reforging and archaeology. Not to mention that they are still working on reconstructing every single talent tree in game, while having to maintain something resembling balance.

Plus they are adding new dungeons, new raids, an underwater zone, tons of new mobs (not just reskins), new battlegrounds, rated battleground system. Oh and they also had to rebuild Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor to allow for flight.

I don't think people fully understand how much work has been involved with the making of Cataclysm.

In other words: I wouldn't hold your breath for a new class. At least not for a couple of years.

There's not enough data to call that a pattern.

Your logic is that the current data is A-B-A, so B is the next logical step, however it could be A-B-A-A... or A-B-A-C...only time will tell.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Originally posted by Kaneth

Well,

Their doing all this, BUT what the people really would like to see is new classes !

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Blizzard will not add new Hero Classes after the way things went with the Death Knight.

Introducing the DK caused them enough balancing issues that it has taken them a better part of the entirety of WOTLK for them to get a handle on things. Ghostwriter has commented on this a few times, I'm sure you can turn up the blue post(s) if you have a look on the O-Forums.

Also, regarding the OP title, Blizzard has a habit of saying one thing and never making good on it. Look at the way things turned out with World PVP objectives for example, such a joke.

Friends and I have tossed around Monk a lot. for a few reasons, my biggest on is there is no Character that focuses on using fists. Sure there are "Melee weapons" but Monks more known for their bare fists and staves. Also, seeing how Blizz has done their own variation of a lot of class' Monk could have spec for Healing, Tanking (cloth tank w00t) and Melee DPS. But yes, Monk should totally be brought to WoW. They did it for Diablo 3 :)