Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chat channels not working?

EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Just created a new character on Israphel. Managed to get the game from Best Buy for $20. Even better when I picked it up at the store due to ordering online they were selling it for $50 in the store still. With a gift card I had due to recycling a TV last month I got it for around $11. :) I needed a disc based copy of the game and couldn't wait for NCSoft to get back to me about a password recovery or my original Aion account.

Anyway the chat channels on Israphel seem to be broken for me. I found out what port number the chat uses and made sure to add that to my router but that didn't seem to work. Found a suggestion to delete two files and have the launcher repair the install but that didn't work either. Is there a problem with the sever itself? Is the level to use the global still 5 or has it increased?

Anything else I should try? Thanks.

Comments

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Do you happen to be using Widecap or Gamepath? If so, that could be a problem, and switching to Proxifier could offer a solution as it hasn't been reported to have those problems.

I've read about a few people who can't use channels, but their chat system is only limited to that. They still received whispers and the likes. Is that familiar? People say running repair from the launcher has fixed (granted, temporarily) their problems.

Maybe a little more information and I could help try to find a solution. I personally haven't had any of these issues, and do not know anyone with similar problems recently, so my fixes might be out of date, but I'd like to try and get it solved, though my technical skills are rather limited ;)

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

I don't know what Widecap, Gamepath, or Proxifier are. Sorry. Going to try running the repair again.

Originally posted by Effect

I don't know what Widecap, Gamepath, or Proxifier are. Sorry. Going to try running the repair again.

Various programs that are intended to lower your ping; known to cause a few issues.

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

Since u just started it is prob because you havent reached lvl 10.  Aions a funny game that you really cant use the chat channels till you ascended.  Not to give spoilers but basically solo till you ascend and choose your class.  After that all your chat channels should be open.   Before ascending the only channel you can use is the /say command. have fun

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

Originally posted by jugularvein
    Since u just started it is prob because you havent reached lvl 10.  Aions a funny game that you really cant use the chat channels till you ascended.  Not to give spoilers but basically solo till you ascend and choose your class.  After that all your chat channels should be open.   Before ascending the only channel you can use is the /say command. have fun

Ah I see. I recalled hearing it was 5 and the game still says level 5.

Thanks again everyone.

Did some more searching and finally came across this.

http://powerwiki.na.aiononline.com/aion/Patch+Notes+1.5.0.11

I hope they make the corrections in the game in the early part. Level 10 seems a bit high without it being clear in the game. Didn't realize the gold sellers were that bad.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Thanks again everyone.

I hope they make the corrections in the game in the early part. Level 10 seems a bit high without it being clear in the game. Didn't realize the gold sellers were that bad.

ugh that's horrible.

Originally that was only for trial accounts. Heck, I would have made that suggestion as that was the first thing that came to mind but you had said you purchased the game so I discounted it.

This is just one more reason why NC just doesn't get it.

For someone who knows what they are doing it doesn't take that long to get to level 10. So in tne end this won't be a pain for the farmers/gold sellers and just punishes the players.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by Sovrath

Thanks again everyone.

ugh that's horrible.

Originally that was only for trial accounts. Heck, I would have made that suggestion as that was the first thing that came to mind but you had said you purchased the game so I discounted it.

This is just one more reason why NC just doesn't get it.

For someone who knows what they are doing it doesn't take that long to get to level 10. So in tne end this won't be a pain for the farmers/gold sellers and just punishes the players.

I have to completely with Sovrath here. I just resubbed to the game this last month and was unaware of the change to the chat channels. But now that I think about it (I didn't click the patch-notes link provided above), but I think the change was implemented shortly after launch when they were going through all the bot elimination processes. 

Well, that really is a shame. I guess it's not really that bad, but for anyone that would need help or advice, that's quite the bummer. Can't believe they restricted the chat channel access to a level and left it that way. Oh well. 

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Yea chat channels open at 10 after picking your class

Was implemented to fight gold spammers.

I don't have a problem with it in the end just wish they had correctly informed the player in the game. They have not. It does allow you to focus on the story of the game first. Gives you time to get used to the game without seeing negative talk regarding the game. Those first few levels are key to getting you into the game and allowing it to be a somewhat more single player experience could be helpful in the end.

However if one didn't know about the level 10 requirement it would appear as if the chat system is broken.