Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to pay for VIP?

As I was browsing on LOTRO's website I got hopelessly lost in the payment system. I found the only option to pay with credit card, and some other option was blocked by my country, paybycash...so if I start and like the game and want to subscribe for VIP, are there going to be other payment options? I have submitted a ticket but there was no reply yet...they might only support current members.

Comments

• UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183

Which website? Codemasters (EU servers) or Turbine (NA servers). Not sure about Codemasters, but your only option for playing Turbine servers will be to pay by CC, as probably turbine gaming cards are not really available in Europe.

bear in mind that CC with limited funds and prepaid, at least in Italy, are easily obtainable and works as far as I know.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

You are aware that the Free to Play is only in beta testing right now.   You would have to sub to the regular game and then decide on that once they make it Free to Play.

If you are looking to sub now for the $15 a month or do the 3 month deal. . even better  yeah. . get a credit card that is prepaid or one with a small limit based on a deposit or something.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• I'm starting with F2P for about a week, to see what it's like. But really, how should I look at this payment system? The information on this is really bad. First, you have to click through pages on LOTRO's support part. Then you find out you have to go to codemasters, so I go to codemasters and see you can buy the game, which is obviously not the subscription. On codemasters they don't even show if you should buy one of these games at all. You can't see if they are all expansions or if an original thing is between it. So I go back to LOTRO and try to find how I can pay...

I go to support-->account. Nothing points me into the direction of how to pay. I actually have to go to "general-->new subscriptions and then from a list the 4th or 5th option finally gives some information. But then again...is that NA or EU? Ok when I google lotro EU i get another website.

So FINALLY I come to the right website, codemasters, after a very confusing journey through LOTRO's website and Codemasters. First I have to make an account, and apparently only then I can find out how to pay...The thing is, if you don't know or realize that you have to get to the EU website it makes you think you can only pay by credit card. It would be a good suggestion to avoid this confusion.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Powermike

I'm starting with F2P for about a week, to see what it's like. But really, how should I look at this payment system? The information on this is really bad. First, you have to click through pages on LOTRO's support part. Then you find out you have to go to codemasters, so I go to codemasters and see you can buy the game, which is obviously not the subscription. On codemasters they don't even show if you should buy one of these games at all. You can't see if they are all expansions or if an original thing is between it. So I go back to LOTRO and try to find how I can pay...

I go to support-->account. Nothing points me into the direction of how to pay. I actually have to go to "general-->new subscriptions and then from a list the 4th or 5th option finally gives some information. But then again...is that NA or EU? Ok when I google lotro EU i get another website.

So FINALLY I come to the right website, codemasters, after a very confusing journey through LOTRO's website and Codemasters. First I have to make an account, and apparently only then I can find out how to pay...The thing is, if you don't know or realize that you have to get to the EU website it makes you think you can only pay by credit card. It would be a good suggestion to avoid this confusion.

And this is another reason why people are happy Warner Brothers ( the new owners of Turbine) is taking DDO and LotRO  back from Codemasters.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Originally posted by Powermike

I'm starting with F2P for about a week, to see what it's like. But really, how should I look at this payment system? The information on this is really bad. First, you have to click through pages on LOTRO's support part. Then you find out you have to go to codemasters, so I go to codemasters and see you can buy the game, which is obviously not the subscription. On codemasters they don't even show if you should buy one of these games at all. You can't see if they are all expansions or if an original thing is between it. So I go back to LOTRO and try to find how I can pay...

And this is another reason why people are happy Warner Brothers ( the new owners of Turbine) is taking DDO and LotRO  back from Codemasters.

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to LOTRO :)

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

it's very likely that codemasters is not allowing any new subscribers since they are transferring game management back to turbine once f2p launches. You may have to wait in order to sign up if you're in the EU right now.

This is just a guess on my part though I could be wrong.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by Minsc

it's very likely that codemasters is not allowing any new subscribers since they are transferring game management back to turbine once f2p launches. You may have to wait in order to sign up if you're in the EU right now.

This is wrong and so is eyeswideopen. Codemasters will still be running LotrO Europe and nothing will change.

Turbine is only taking over DDO Europe for other reasons (involving Atari)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Papadam

Originally posted by Minsc

This is wrong and so is eyeswideopen. Codemasters will still be running LotrO Europe and nothing will change.

Turbine is only taking over DDO Europe for other reasons (involving Atari)

You really think Warner Brothers won't increase their bottom line by taking LotRO back in-house? Please. Codemasters is an expense that WB doesn't need to incur. As far as the Atari thing, yeah that was the "last straw" so to speak. But players have been unsatisfied and highly critical of Codemasters since launch for BOTH games. Taking LotRO back gives WB more profit and also earns them more goodwill from the players. Win=Win situation.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• I did a little research :P...

WB does have their own billing system as I saw from their website. You can ship products abroad too, however buying digital downloads is a whole different security thing and as far as I can see they don't have that.

And when it comes to security I really think billing subscriptions will be outsourced to a European company to avoid legal issues. Or they will have their own European billing department. ;)