Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

message to all new players

Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

ive ben playing for about (almost) 2 years now.

i have only 1 regret

i should have left high sec much sooner than 6 months ago

0.0 is what eve is all about.

in fact the sooner you get into 0.0 the sooner you relize that highsec is f***ing dangerous!

i have a friend who i convinced to come play eve and draged him to 0.0 on his 3rd day (after he completed his tutorial) he is now 3 months into the game playing withthe bigboys. with titanand carrier kills on his Killmails. (and he knows how to hold him own while traveling)

0.0 its a completely  different game. if you know how to travel, what not to do. you become used to it and doing the things you do become part of your gameplay. (but you need to be in a corp thats in an alliance that has access to 0.0 because mostly out there is if they dont know you they will shoot you)

and dont be afraid, alliances that have 0.0 access have friends so not everyone will shoot you just because they see you.

im just saying that highsec is max 5% of gameplay.

for one i hate high sec, to many scammers, suicide gankers, can flippers, and grieffers oh and your average douche bags are all there too.

Comments

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there image

In null you have to work with others if you want to survive....no way around it. More like real life and less like any other game I can think of. Nothing else and very few game mechanics are going to help you.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Originally posted by qazyman

In null you have to work with others if you want to survive....no way around it. More like real life and less like any other game I can think of. Nothing else and very few game mechanics are going to help you.

You don't have to.

You just have to be in a corp who doesn't care. There are alot of people in null sec. 

Living in null sec is alot better. Especially, when you're in an alliance who's powerful enough to give you the freedom you want. PVPers, Miners, PVEers, etc. etc. every type of player in EVE exists, lives, and thrives in null sec. Anyone who says anything different, has never spent much time there. CCP doesn't give 2 sh**s about high and low sec, I can promise you that much. 

Market Traders are a bit scarce sometimes though. 

Originally posted by TheHatter

You don't have to.

You just have to be in a corp who doesn't care. There are alot of people in null sec. 

Living in null sec is alot better. Especially, when you're in an alliance who's powerful enough to give you the freedom you want. PVPers, Miners, PVEers, etc. etc. every type of player in EVE exists, lives, and thrives in null sec. 

I probably should have said that different. When I said "a nice place to visit" I was talking about empire.

You don't have to.

Living in null sec is alot better. Especially, when you're in an alliance who's powerful enough to give you the freedom you want. PVPers, Miners, PVEers, etc. etc. every type of player in EVE exists, lives, and thrives in null sec. 

I probably should have said that different. When I said "a nice place to visit" I was talking about empire.

Ah. 

Makes sense now. image

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

ive ben playing for about (almost) 2 years now.

i have only 1 regret

i should have left high sec much sooner than 6 months ago

0.0 is what eve is all about.

in fact the sooner you get into 0.0 the sooner you relize that highsec is f***ing dangerous!

i have a friend who i convinced to come play eve and draged him to 0.0 on his 3rd day (after he completed his tutorial) he is now 3 months into the game playing withthe bigboys. with titanand carrier kills on his Killmails. (and he knows how to hold him own while traveling)

0.0 its a completely  different game. if you know how to travel, what not to do. you become used to it and doing the things you do become part of your gameplay. (but you need to be in a corp thats in an alliance that has access to 0.0 because mostly out there is if they dont know you they will shoot you)

and dont be afraid, alliances that have 0.0 access have friends so not everyone will shoot you just because they see you.

im just saying that highsec is max 5% of gameplay.

for one i hate high sec, to many scammers, suicide gankers, can flippers, and grieffers oh and your average douche bags are all there too.

Agreed in every respect.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

I played off and on three different times. Each time I've lasted longer, with the last time I played lasting a couple of months. I never made it into null sec. I'm tempted to sub back up and make my way there to see how much different it is.

Any suggestions on good corps that accept newish players?

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

Originally posted by Nizur

I played off and on three different times. Each time I've lasted longer, with the last time I played lasting a couple of months. I never made it into null sec. I'm tempted to sub back up and make my way there to see how much different it is.

Any suggestions on good corps that accept newish players?

we do, i wontbe ingame till tuesday though, pm me through here if you want details or help with anything 

you can't just go in nul sec without support, you need an corp thats in an alliance that lives outthere. most alliance work under NBSI, which means "Not Blue Shoot It" which means if you are not a friend of the alliance we will shoot you. and to live in 0.0 while having multiple neighbour alliances, you create friends. (which make coalitions) so you end up with many friends and few enemies.

currently there are less than a handfull of controliing coalitions, so the blue space (space owned by friends and friend of friends) is vast, so if you go deep into blue space you are safer than high sec. (hell sometimes you can be the only pilot i a 10 system radius. but getting there is the key... if you are a red.. good luck getting past 3-4 blue systems without getting on the intel channels and being pursued by 4-5 fleets andpossible 1 or 2 cap fleets... fun times

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Screw nullsec. It was fun a year ago, but definitely not anymore. Game Design made sure it became a wasteland of supercapital blobs and stationary hp sinks.

W-Space is where it's at.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    I just don't have the time for null sec right now.
    The whole stability thing keeps me away also.
    I know you have more freedom in null but I don't mind roaming low sec with my Corp. It's much more active(more targets, less downtime) than my null sec life ever was.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Since the best parts of Eve are piracy, ganking, and scamming, I think I'll pass if I ever rejon.

I really have no interest in being a zergling for a Mega-Alliance.  Now to commit corp-theft on a Mega Alliance?  I am your guy for that....  Hmmm...  Maybe I will head to null sec if I rejoin Eve...

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Originally posted by batolemaeus

Screw nullsec. It was fun a year ago, but definitely not anymore. Game Design made sure it became a wasteland of supercapital blobs and stationary hp sinks.

I'll have to agree, for true freedom, danger and excitment, W-Space really is the better place to be unless you really enjoy blob fleet warfare for some reason.

But back to the OP, despite his protests, it is a statistial fact there are far more people in hi-sec than 0.0.

Guess none of them are having a good time.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by batolemaeus

I'll have to agree, for true freedom, danger and excitment, W-Space really is the better place to be unless you really enjoy blob fleet warfare for some reason.

But back to the OP, despite his protests, it is a statistial fact there are far more people in hi-sec than 0.0.

Guess none of them are having a good time.

after speaking to some, and by personal experience, its not that they are not having a good time, its that they dont know better. 

they dont what its all about (or have the completely wrong idea of what it is) i even challenged one of the dudes that stayed back when i moved to 0.0. i gave him a ship and some fittings and told him to come into 0.0 for 3 days. that i would take care of his expences. he took the challenge and since then he has not gone back to high sec (except maybe a few jita trips)

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

Originally posted by PyscoJuggalo

I really have no interest in being a zergling for a Mega-Alliance. 

Me either, thats why I stick to W-Space.

Originally posted by Wycliffe

Me neither, that's why I log off on a CTA.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Me neither. That's why I'm on the receiving end of those 10:1 blobs and 4:1 hotdrops. Oh joy...

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

Originally posted by Quirhid

Me neither. That's why I'm on the receiving end of those 10:1 blobs and 4:1 hotdrops. Oh joy...

You mean like this : )

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Since the best parts of Eve are piracy, ganking, and scamming, I think I'll pass if I ever rejon.

I really have no interest in being a zergling for a Mega-Alliance.  Now to commit corp-theft on a Mega Alliance?  I am your guy for that....  Hmmm...  Maybe I will head to null sec if I rejoin Eve...

Piracy is the most fun I've had in Eve.  No sov to worry about, no CTA's, no POS bashing, no NAPs and no 1000 man lag fests.  Simply log in, shoot and ransom everyone in sight.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville