Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Underrated

AthabaAthaba Member Posts: 48

Hi

In my opinion this game is way underrated. It has everything a good MMOFPS needs and way more. You don't ever get bored and it has a onetime fee of just 20 bucks.

Why is not there more hype about it. I found about it by accident. Why isn't it more popular?

Does it have something to do with the fact that most games that use MMO and FPS elements are just crap and not really MMOFPSs? I guess games like this are just overseen by tons of bad games.

Just wanted to tell you that I finally found a really nice game with Global Agenda. Since a small part of the game is free everyone should try it. It's a bit sad that you can't try everything. So look up some videos on Youtube if you want to know how it is.

Oh and I have been playing MMOs for years (no, not WOW :P), so it isn't just a post from someone who just doesn't know any good games.

The two bad things I could find is that the installer/patcher has an EVIL bug for some people and the website isn't that good, but that's something I always complain about.

Comments

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Being a person that has been playing FPS games since Wolfenstein, I can say this game is not underrated at all.

I tried the game and I did get bored, very quickly. The combat isn't designed in a solid way for the FPS genre and it is the same thing over and over. It was a very weak game and continues to be one.

It is missing a lot for both FPS fans and MMORPG fans so it won't keep a lot of players. To be honest I'm surprised it is making enough money to stick around, I expected it to go the way of APB by now.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

Being a person that has been playing FPS games since Wolfenstein, I can say this game is not underrated at all.

I tried the game and I did get bored, very quickly. The combat isn't designed in a solid way for the FPS genre and it is the same thing over and over. It was a very weak game and continues to be one.

It is missing a lot for both FPS fans and MMORPG fans so it won't keep a lot of players. To be honest I'm surprised it is making enough money to stick around, I expected it to go the way of APB by now.

I don't know when the last time you played is,  but last night I was on and it seems theres a good surge of new players trying the game and some logging back in.  A map that I had been playing since I started about a month ago,  an older player logged in and said they had never played that map before,  so they have added some new maps.

As for an FPS,  this game is far and beyond most FPS games in terms of gameplay and build style of your characters and yes,  it is remarkably underrated.  The combat is amazingly solid, for the FPS RPG genre.  

The game just isn't very well known,  and many people don't try it simply because they don't know anything about it.  Thats what kept me away from this game, until my buddy pressured me to buy it,  and other people on this site agreed the game was worth the purchase.

For the price right now,  I'd say most people would be stupid not to buy it, if they love PvP and FPS-RPGs.    Since I bought this game,  I've played about 120 hours and going strong,  if thats not worth the 30 dollar price, I don't know what is.

• Deckard729Deckard729 Member Posts: 30

I have to agree with the OP, at the moment this game is severely under-rated and really deserves another look by those who are so quick to place negative judgement upon it.  It is definitely different than your main-stream MMORPG, and can be a really fun game if you give it a chance.

• konrad16660konrad16660 Member Posts: 182

I was just reading the forum here and I couldn't help but add my two cents.  Is Global Agenda under rated?  Coming from myself, someone that doesn't own the game yet but has played the trial.  I would have to say "yes" it is under rated.  I had a friend telling me how much it sucked from the news because he had read bad things about it and that it went free so it must suck.  But regardless i went ahead and downloaded the trial off of Steam, and I must say, that the game is a smashing deal for being free.  Would I pay $15 a month for this game?  Probably not, but that is only because I don't have time for another game.  But, I m actually thinking of buying this game on the way home today, because it being free allows me the time to play it a lot and then attend to life and then binge on it some more when i have time.  The graphics are good.  They have freakin Jetpacks!!! and the controls are good.  Also, its not the normal boring MMO type game in that you actually have to use skill, not just abhorrent amounts of skilling up in order to play.  I must admit, playing other FPS MMO's including SWG and Tabula Rasa to name a couple, I got my butt kicked when i just ran at the mobs like I did in those game.  I definately had to bob and weave.  And as far as population, um, I don't remember the last time I saw so many people running around an MMO.  I was shocked that this was the same game that my friend was talking down on.  Heck, if I wanted to see that many players in one place in another MMO I would have to be in Dalaran.  Anyways, that my honest opinion of the game, and like I said I don't even own it yet.  I just feel that this game deserves some props, so that is why I decided to post on this thread. 

• roscorosco Member Posts: 51

Originally posted by konrad16660

Would I pay $15 a month for this game?  Probably not, but that is only because I don't have time for another game.

And also because there is no monthly free. It's now a GW payment system.

And the game is underrated. Very nice shooter in fact.

• phobossionphobossion Member UncommonPosts: 56

Hi, I just discovered this awesome game few weeks ago and because I am OOM* right now, I am still playing the lvl12-capped trial but I will buy it as soon as possible. I found it as you say - by accident. There is no hype around it, not much articles at MMO sites (not even many reviews up to this point) so it's kinda hard to find when you don't know what you are looking for :/ My opinion on why is it like this lies here: http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/939273-global-agenda/index.html - the game did not score too high in first reviews, which is IMHO the killer of many good games nowadays. With the steady influx of new games, it is hard to try everything by yourself, so people are relying on reviews more than ever and when they see 5/10, 6/10, 6.5/10, they don't even install the trial IMO. This is a very bad thing, because it builds game's success on reviewer's personal preferences - remember when the WoW-kid from UK Eurogamer tried to review Darkfall? :S

The devs decided to release a fine-tuned gameplay core and to add more content (which is basically just pieces of data) as the time goes. That was maybe not really smart from today's PoV, because it gave reviewers the option to call the game "boring", "repetitive", "without content" etc. As I wrote before, I joined the game not long ago and I see most of the things magazines were complaining about are long gone, but that won't change the low rating, will it?

And to the topic, yes the game is really underrated as hell. I agree with this site's score (8, I would give 9, but I am still hyped about it :P) because it's true that not everything is polished as it should be, but there is very solid base in fun combat (yeah, true FPS lovers may find it somehow wrong, but that's just because they are used to some other game - like CS - and would whine about any game that does not ressemble it) and tons of new content are on the way. I really hope I won't discover that I am completely wrong after I buy the game and start to play it at full, but the fact I was able to play for a week on same level, with no character progression at all, and still have lots of fun makes me believe I won't be disappointed ;)

Sorry for long post and cheers!

*out-of-money :D

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Its a Third person shooter. Not a first person shooter.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

It's a Third Person Shooter, and NOT an MMO in any sense of the word. Additionally, it's almost exacalty like Huxley Online (has territorial control too...just in a simpler format) and it's plagued by hacks and hackers.

This is why it's an "underrated" Third-Person-Shooter. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Regards,

Faded

ps: I played it for a full month, and even wasted the 60 bucks on the title. I've given the game a fair shake to form an opinion, as has my entire guild or 20+ people. For a frame of reference here are games I DO/DID enjoy in the past/present:

-Call of Duty 4

-Dark Age of Camelot

-Planetside

-Everquest 2

-ShadowBane

-StarWars: Galaxies

-Everquest

-EvE (until they added Capital Ships)

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• Dark_HUmarDark_HUmar Member UncommonPosts: 200

I played the game since launch, and at first it looked prety cool in my eyes, but after a while I got bored. Beside that the game studio doesn't know what they want they just try to get as mutch money out of this game as poseble. They changed the payment method 3 times if im correct.

1 Buy the game for 50 euros and then pay around 10 bucks a months subscribsion for the extra stuff

2 when they found out there game wasn't selling at all and the game was slowly dying they changed it again everyone could play all parts of the game but you got extra tokens if you where subscriber

3 they changed it to a guild wars like system that you have to buy the expansions.

In my book its very week to change subscribion methods so often it shows that a company is not so sure anymore if there game is good enough. Beside that global agenda is in my book just a 3rd person shooter that has a few mmo elements.

The game itself isn't bad but them changing so many times in subscribsion killed the game in my book beside that last time i logged on I barley saw any people online.

• CanucckCanucck Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Dark_HUmar

In my book its very week to change subscribion methods so often it shows that a company is not so sure anymore if there game is good enough. Beside that global agenda is in my book just a 3rd person shooter that has a few mmo elements.

The game itself isn't bad but them changing so many times in subscribsion killed the game in my book beside that last time i logged on I barley saw any people online.

There's more people playing now than there was at release. Hi-Rez seems like more of a hobby than a business to the owner, money isn't as big of an issue as it is for other startup companies since he has plenty and is willing to spend it. He's willing to try anything and everything to make this game a success and so far it seems to be working.

Besides, I don't really see how removing subscriptions and making the game cheaper is going to make it less popular like you say...