Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Planes of Telara gameplay leaked !

DurudanDurudan Member Posts: 40

The videos show a ranger class with a terrifying mutated hog pet, a Rift, and an Elementalist with a stone golem. The Rift Beta will start in September so it is not that far away !

Ranger + pet gameplay

Elementalist + pet gameplay 1/2

Elementalist + pet gameplay 2/2

Hope it usefull image

Rift's official website: http://www.riftgame.com

lock up yo kids, lock up yo wife, even yo husband cuz they rapin everybody round here

Comments

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

This.... is disgusting.... need more information...

• TdoTdo Member Posts: 82

that ranger pet movement looks ridiculous ...

Alias Warin

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Looks like a cross between Allods and L2, both are last century = boring grind.

• DurudanDurudan Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by Razgul

that ranger pet movement looks ridiculous ...

I thought the same, but then i realized it was really because it's in beta, if you see when the mage talk's to an npc, he moves soo so slow to him... ofcourse in retail version it won't be like that...

lock up yo kids, lock up yo wife, even yo husband cuz they rapin everybody round here

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

O joy more tab target crap.

Edit: after watching it some more... it looks like WoW, when will these devs do some thing different!

• deniskillerdeniskiller Member Posts: 7

Those dynamic contents feels exactly like a PQ from warhammer online, and to be honest for some reason the whole game feels like warhammer online except for class combinations which sounds exciting but at the same time tells me they will have hard time balancing the classes

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Sadly, I'm not impressed at all. The animations are horrible and the WoW-ish colors don't impress me. I was previously interested in checking this game out but that put a huge damper on my enthusiasm.

WoW really has had a negative effect on the MMO industry it seems. If I want to play a game like WoW, I'll go play WoW. Cut the crap and be original already, how lame.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

The art looks nice.  Didn't see much special about the actual gameplay, though.

Man, is that font getting olde...

I'd probably try it when it gets to open beta.

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642

Originally posted by Zekiah

Sadly, I'm not impressed at all. The animations are horrible and the WoW-ish colors don't impress me. I was previously interested in checking this game out but that put a huge damper on my enthusiasm.

WoW really has had a negative effect on the MMO industry it seems. If I want to play a game like WoW, I'll go play WoW. Cut the crap and be original already, how lame.

Sigh another person who thinks WoW is the be all end all of MMOs. MMO is a genre and style of game so not going to stray from most of the basics. Basically like saying FPS games really need to get past this shooting crap and become more original. Sounds stupid doesn't it?

Not to mention  it has multi-class callings and dynamic content. No one ever said it is to the extent of GW2 at all, but it is something.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

colours are wowish now? what are mmo companies supposed to do? make there games black and white?

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913

Originally posted by warmaster670

colours are wowish now? what are mmo companies supposed to do? make there games black and white?

A lot of forum posters are into a real witch hunt for wow-clones and will complain about ANYTHING. I think lazyness to find proper arguments makes them do that.

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385

First off, the title of the post is misleading.  That was a public convention and not "leaked" footage.  Also, I will agree with whoever said that font is old.  TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT!  I was super excited for this game.  That just brought me crashing back to earth.  Meh.....

I can't say I don't like it, but it looked real plain in those videos. 

• charlionfirecharlionfire Member Posts: 166

I know a lof of people like action MMOs like Tera, GW2, but still the animations, art and environment are the most beautiful I've seen on all these new GamesCom game vids. Though note, that those vids are from "newbie island", those places are always stale and uninspiring for vets.

It does share alot of things with WoW while still having serious innovation, not sure why it would be a bad thing. Those who are actually interested in the game  should check out the invasion gameplay vid. Now there we have something truly dynamic folks. Also try to check out the soul system if you want. It's awesome.

• kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 304

Ok lets see what else is left that you can link with WOW whenever you see new MMO. Colors are WOWish now... interesting.

90% of haters are begging for love. 10% just want a little attention -- Paulo Coelho

• MindgamezMindgamez Member Posts: 19

I think the tab targetting was expected if your looking for a different type of targeting check out Tera, though a lot of people think that will turn into a sword spam fest (think dynasty warriors mmo). In all honesty messing with targeting when putting this much time and money into an MMO is very risky. They usually leave that to low budget MMO's to test out.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Looks like your typical mmo, both in terms of gameplay, world, classes and quests.

That needn't be a bad thing if they make it a smooth ride and things like grouping and PvP are worthwhile and fun.

But personally, I'm rather tired of the D&D inspired fantasy MMO's altogether.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by deniskiller

Those dynamic contents feels exactly like a PQ from warhammer online, and to be honest for some reason the whole game feels like warhammer online except for class combinations which sounds exciting but at the same time tells me they will have hard time balancing the classes

I felt the same way.   Especially watching the video of the elementalist.  The jumping and spell casting animations immediatly made me think of warhammer.  The public quest from the hunter video also sent me to the same mindset.  I don't know what they are calling the classes exactly.

It looks ok, but I'm not really blown away by anything there. 

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I really wish this was coming out now because it seems to have everything i'm looking for.

*Nice character models that aren't as bad as WoW and not as perfect at Aion.

*Dynamic content for groups and solo.

*Community first approach.

*PVP, including seperate level based capture the flag warfronts.

I haven't even heard about raids yet and i'm already excited.

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by warmaster670

This does look like it's shaping up to be a wow clone tbh.

It may be alright game , I'm sure, but no way in hell this is gonna be up to par with GW2.  I seen gw2 demo and rift doesn't look like it is offering anything new to the table.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

• alkennjoialkennjoi Member Posts: 101

Meh... looks like a poorly rendered Warhammer.  And when are the goign to get away from the map zones being point A -->B along a S-shape road .  Its still a straight line from A > B no matter how many squiggles you wind through along the way.

• deadmilkdeadmilk Member Posts: 173

In the future games will finally reach the point where the graphics look as good as real life and even better.  And the masses will say "Meh, looks like a wow clone."

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350

Originally posted by charlionfire

I know a lof of people like action MMOs like Tera, GW2, but still the animations, art and environment are the most beautiful I've seen on all these new GamesCom game vids. Though note, that those vids are from "newbie island", those places are always stale and uninspiring for vets.

It does share alot of things with WoW while still having serious innovation, not sure why it would be a bad thing. Those who are actually interested in the game  should check out the invasion gameplay vid. Now there we have something truly dynamic folks. Also try to check out the soul system if you want. It's awesome.

you must have bad taste for animation. sorry but but both terra and even gw2 have much smoother animation.  the hunter vid was  uninspiring. especially the animations. they look to stiff and bland . heck even the other vids after watching all the vids from many other games posted here from gamescon.

the envoirments were meh. that zone was not impressive all, but then i could have been the starter zone. to early to judge on that but please those animations were nothing compared to both tera and gw2.

still looking forward for this one. but it sadly reminded me alot of wow/ warhammer.  that dynamic quest was nothing compared to how gw2 played out. then still alpha. lots of room for improvement. these vids did break the hype meter for me somewhat though.

• DurudanDurudan Member Posts: 40

I knew you were gonna say "meh now you showed us this gameplay, my hype is so down rigth now, blame you *snif *  *snif*

Hey i just found this ones and posted them, im no superman xD ... so don't rage on me... enjoy it, tbh i was more pointing to TERA but atm this game looks mutch better to me...

Remember this it isn't even Beta gameplay, like i said beta only begins in September... so... don't be mad with me pl0x

P.S: the videos i just posted were from 20-08-2010 (yesterday xD)

• charlionfirecharlionfire Member Posts: 166

Originally posted by lzanon

you must have bad taste for animation. sorry but but both terra and even gw2 have much smoother animation.  the hunter vid was  uninspiring. especially the animations. they look to stiff and bland . heck even the other vids after watching all the vids from many other games posted here from gamescon.

the envoirments were meh. that zone was not impressive all, but then i could have been the starter zone. to early to judge on that but please those animations were nothing compared to both tera and gw2.

still looking forward for this one. but it sadly reminded me alot of wow/ warhammer.  that dynamic quest was nothing compared to how gw2 played out. then still alpha. lots of room for improvement. these vids did break the hype meter for me somewhat though.

You are breaking the Rules of Conduct. Not that I think you would have bothered to read them. But I will not report you as, you probably can't really help yourself.

It's strange about the dynamic content though, since Rifts dynamic content is actually DYNAMIC whilst, gw2's are simply instant quests and scripted quest mobs on a respawn timer. But these matters are all subjective, so thank you for your in depth contributions (btw, what does "meh" mean, is that an acronym or a misspelling?)

• AglarannaAglaranna Member Posts: 204

I haven't checked out the soul system yet but I will, I've been lurking the official Rift Forums. I just had to say, though, speaking strictly of the graphics, when I saw the Invasion Gameplay all I could think was "that looks like a wow mage on a nightsaber in Ashenvale". I hate to say it, because I try to avoid the wow-clone thing since I've been gaming a long time and I know Blizz did not invent this genre ;> But when I saw THAT video...sorry...that's all I could think to myself.