Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion2.0 and resubbing

Comments

• TedronaiTedronai Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by Sineath

Have you completely forgotten the botting and gold selling?  Aion was so beautiful, the population seemed so high, the exp curve sounded so demanding, the crafting appeared to be gratifying.  Then, bots leveled with the touch of one button.  The gold sellers combined with botting ruined crafting and the economy.  Not to mention, the ganking and lack of satisfaction from pvp.

How could you forget all of this and want to resub?

After what I've read a lot has changed, and nevermind that, not what I asked =)

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Originally posted by Tedronai

I think I'm gonna try this game again =) Seems promising after what I've read, plus I'm bored.

Will I get access to 2.0 through resubbing? I dont have to buy anything extra or such..

Assuming you already have a retail account, the expansion is free for you. Just download it and patch your files. Seeya ingame soon! :)

And as far as the other posters still clammering about the bots and gold spam, that has been gone (like other users said) for ages. Instead of focusing on the fact they existed, just like in every other game, applaud the fact they are now almost completely gone. And it took them less time to get rid of them than it did, we'll say for example, Blizzard with Warcraft. There's no need to flame for them improving the game, be thankful they did.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Sineath

Have you completely forgotten the botting and gold selling?  Aion was so beautiful, the population seemed so high, the exp curve sounded so demanding, the crafting appeared to be gratifying.  Then, bots leveled with the touch of one button.  The gold sellers combined with botting ruined crafting and the economy.  Not to mention, the ganking and lack of satisfaction from pvp.

How could you forget all of this and want to resub?

Those where my enduring memories and of course capturing forts (the carrot at the end of the long grindy stick) ended up with crash after crash for all and sundry, that was the last straw for me.

Originally posted by Synthetick

I think I'm gonna try this game again =) Seems promising after what I've read, plus I'm bored.

Will I get access to 2.0 through resubbing? I dont have to buy anything extra or such..

Assuming you already have a retail account, the expansion is free for you. Just download it and patch your files. Seeya ingame soon! :)

And as far as the other posters still clammering about the bots and gold spam, that has been gone (like other users said) for ages. Instead of focusing on the fact they existed, just like in every other game, applaud the fact they are now almost completely gone. And it took them less time to get rid of them than it did, we'll say for example, Blizzard with Warcraft. There's no need to flame for them improving the game, be thankful they did.

Sounds good, ty =) Installing the game now.

Any tips on server choice? Used to play Elyos but it's not that important.

Oh lol 5gb update =)

still getting around 800kb/s, this will take awhile... ;)

• ArenthasArenthas Member Posts: 85

Resubbed and having a GREAT time.

No botters, no spam, plenty of players. Aion has changed quite a bit since launch. I'm really happy it's improved.

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647
    I dont see the point b/c all u are going to do is more pve since 3 servers are owned by elyos and 1 server owned by asmos. There is no one to pvp with.
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

been thinking of resubbing Aion awhile now and this could be my change aswell im only annoyed and since i havent read anything new they made or remove from the game i really hated the random rifts.

but illbe resubbing soonish and check it out!

cheers

• ArenthasArenthas Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

I dont see the point b/c all u are going to do is more pve since 3 servers are owned by elyos and 1 server owned by asmos. There is no one to pvp with.

Sounds good to me!

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Just resubbed and im completely blown away by the changes and improvements... so many new things to do, and that grinding feel is gone, quests award much more exp and it seems that everywhere I go I have new quests to collect.

And above all, and I know this is gay but whatever... the pets are sooo cute =P

I've only been back about a month now, I'm still trying to get a feel for the server population of the other servers. The transfers for each server are pretty restricted, I was going to transfer my Asmodian off Vaizel to Siel but only had the option to choose Zikel. I'm west coast, so picking an east coast event would have most things happening a bit to early for me, so I chose to stay on Vaizel.

I read that a lot of Elyos are transferring to Vaizel, so hopefully Vaizel is evening up a little bit. Honestly, I'd just choose a server and pick the side you want to play. There's always the option to transfer if you aren't happy with your selection to a server that suits you better.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

All i can say is this expansion really revitalized the game in the west now they just need to expand on both pvp and pve on a regular basis. Really loving the qq from all the rift gankers now that they can't farm easy kills. Say what you will most of them only ganked low level players hence the 80% damage nerf when rifting into the lowbie areas

I've only been back about a month now, I'm still trying to get a feel for the server population of the other servers. The transfers for each server are pretty restricted, I was going to transfer my Asmodian off Vaizel to Siel but only had the option to choose Zikel. I'm west coast, so picking an east coast event would have most things happening a bit to early for me, so I chose to stay on Vaizel.

I read that a lot of Elyos are transferring to Vaizel, so hopefully Vaizel is evening up a little bit. Honestly, I'd just choose a server and pick the side you want to play. There's always the option to transfer if you aren't happy with your selection to a server that suits you better.

I'm in Europe so =)

Anyway all 3 english servers had restrictions on what race to choose so I just rolled a dice more or less =)

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Not sure the 80% solution is a good one, doesn't that make rifting obsolete? At the time I played rifting was quite a lot of fun. You can see how it might become ganky as disparity between players increased. The game was already developing into some what of a gankfest when I left anyway. (Organised fort taking was cool but back then that was a crashfest though I am sure that is fixed now).

Still, I'll have a go when they have a welcome back trial for vets. 

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Originally posted by Gorilla

Not sure the 80% solution is a good one, doesn't that make rifting obsolete? At the time I played rifting was quite a lot of fun. You can see how it might become ganky as disparity between players increased. The game was already developing into some what of a gankfest when I left anyway. (Organised fort taking was cool but back then that was a crashfest though I am sure that is fixed now).

Still, I'll have a go when they have a welcome back trial for vets. 

Rifting Nerf

- 80% PVP damage reduction in Morhiem and Eltnen

- 20% PVP damage reduction in Belusan and Herion

- Kisks can no longer be dropped in mountains.

Not bad at all if u ask me. I am guessing that they nerfed the Morheim and Eltnen rift with such a high proccent ,because  there are alot of lvl 30+ players with full Abyss items gangking often in both maps and that lvl 40/50 are not coming to help, since the map is only for low-mid lvls.

In the other maps , there is a smaller proccent since high lvl characters have quests over there, and can come and help if needed.

So I find it a good solution !

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• NeumonicNeumonic Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

And its losers like this that just got beat up in school and handed over their lunch money.   Grow a pair and fight!!!!  

I bet you were one of the asmos dueling awhile we were trying to take forts.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

The majority of people who rift in Aion now are well geared 50's or well geared twinks that faceroll other players who cant compete gear wise or are lower then them.  This is griefing plain and simple.  The new rift nerf was a necessary solution.  Its sad that it came to this but clearly people who can grief as their source of enjoyment werent about to stop doing it even with the curse they added a while back.  Their idea of a rift system for pvp was good but it was turned into a griefers paradise. 

• mardo303mardo303 Member Posts: 18

With the new 2.0 patch Aion become even better game. For me, however the new content is mostly pve. For example, they added few nice solo instances. And the faction parts of ground abyss (2/3 of the total area) are heavily guarded by NPCs. The only problem for me is faction imbalance on most servers.

Surprised me when I came to MMORPG.com and have seen more positive than negative concerning Aion, resubbing, and 2.0.

I'm in Europe so =)

Anyway all 3 english servers had restrictions on what race to choose so I just rolled a dice more or less =)

Good to hear they have the restrictions up, tho. I know we have transfer restrictions, but I'm not sure about character creation restrictions. Gonna have to go check that out, if so, I'm happy. Get some balance flowing back into these servers and everyone should be nearly complaint free.

• SmartBartjeSmartBartje Member Posts: 13

I resubbed a while after 1.9 was launched, and enjoyed it a lot again. Now, with 2.0, it's even more fun, plus I really like the quest markers on the map. O yeah, the pets are cute too :p

• P3nnyG1rLP3nnyG1rL Member Posts: 11

I played Aion when it first came out and I really enjoyed the game, from the beauty to the game mechanics.  The big problem for me was the bots/RMTS etc.  But from what i hear that has really toned down and 2.0 does sound fantasic, havent got the game anymore but I have preordered the game + expansion for Friday!  Getting quite excited about it! =)

• PsycroPsycro Member UncommonPosts: 8

Ive been meening to reinstall and so how the game is going. Only question I have is does anyone know if they are offering and returning player free game time or anything like that? I really dont want to pay the sub and than be annoyed that i did.

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

AION = Big fail to me not going back it's not about anything that a patch can fix it's the Core game it self  and btw u still fall in the water like a rock and just Die XD haha ...........

• Enforcer71Enforcer71 Member UncommonPosts: 780

Wow! I am actually shocked to see so many positive remarks for Aion 2.0, thats a rare thing on this website. All these remarks have actually convinced me to re-download the game and give it another shot.

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be there,
    80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters.
    Ah, but one, ONE of them is a warrior,
    and he will bring the others home.
    -Heraclitus 500BC