Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion2.0 and resubbing

MogcatMogcat Member UncommonPosts: 193

I was reading some of the reactions to Aion2.0 on the PTS and a lot of players have been very happy and more importantly saying that this is the polished game they hoped from the start.

Sure you might say, exactly! The problems should of been ironed out earlier on but better late then never! I looked at the new features, apparently the pets are affordable, the new instance zones are fun and features like quest markers showing new quests even if you havent been to that area on the map are just adding to that experience. They are also adding content to all level ranges which I think is a great thing to not ignore the lower level ranges. The new area with windstreams and such also looks very tempting.

I might just give them a second chance and resub. What are your thoughts on the subject. At the very least I will resubb till Guild Wars2. 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I'll try it, I doubt it will have changed enough for me to want to keep subbing but I'll definately try it.

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

I resubbed about a month ago, glad I did, am having alot of fun and 2.0 should be even better.  

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Originally posted by Tyvolus1

I resubbed about a month ago, glad I did, am having alot of fun and 2.0 should be even better.  

Same here, just resubbed. Enjoying it much more than my last attempt at it. 2.0 looks very promising.

• MogcatMogcat Member UncommonPosts: 193

I hope 2.0 is Aion's comeback because I just got new computer that can play it at max and it would be so damn cool. It has taken a fair while to get things straightened out but they are a korean dev team so I forgive them a bit. Looks good to see that they are trying to keep all audiences happy.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Just resubed and having a blast on my glad ( currently lvl 42 ) , while I am waiting for 2.0 which seems to move Aion to a new and better dirrection!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• neumneum Member UncommonPosts: 143

There is a major nerf to rift ganking on PTS not sure if it will go live but I hope so.  As of right now in if you are defending your home zone ie. Morhiem / Eltnen you get a 80% reduction in the damage you recieve from the oppisite faction.  40% in Beluslan / Herion.  This will put an end almost to the over geared twinks killing undergear folk trying to level up.  

I have heard that in the asain market they dont have the problem as rampant as in the west of perma rifters doing nothing but ganking lower levels.  With the new 50-55 abyss ground zone people that stayed locked at 35-40 claiming to just want to PVP will have no excuse not to level up and PvP with the big boys.  I never really liked to PvP in the air abyss because flying  can be pretty buggy for a melee. 

If this nerf carries over to the live servers I can see a huge jump in subs becuase alot of folks got worn out on getting killed every few minutes by people 10-15 levels higher in +10 gold PvP gear.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Originally posted by neum

There is a major nerf to rift ganking on PTS not sure if it will go live but I hope so.  As of right now in if you are defending your home zone ie. Morhiem / Eltnen you get a 80% reduction in the damage you recieve from the oppisite faction.  40% in Beluslan / Herion.  This will put an end almost to the over geared twinks killing undergear folk trying to level up.  

I have heard that in the asain market they dont have the problem as rampant as in the west of perma rifters doing nothing but ganking lower levels.  With the new 50-55 abyss ground zone people that stayed locked at 35-40 claiming to just want to PVP will have no excuse not to level up and PvP with the big boys.  I never really liked to PvP in the air abyss because flying  can be pretty buggy for a melee. 

If this nerf carries over to the live servers I can see a huge jump in subs becuase alot of folks got worn out on getting killed every few minutes by people 10-15 levels higher in +10 gold PvP gear.

While this was found on test server it has not been confirmed as a feature or a bug.  It could be just a bug since it is on test.  IMO I hope this is a feature since rifters have become more of a nuisance then rifting being a benefit because as you said, most of the rifters(especially 30-40 bracket) are just overgeared twinks running around being nothing short of douches.  On that note my guess is that this is only on test server to allow people to level up without being ganked repatedly and this will not go live. 

• MogcatMogcat Member UncommonPosts: 193

Resubbed and I'm having so much fun!!! I dont know why people always bash Aion it isnt that bad. You have just roll with it. Cant wait for 2.0 to make it even better!

Hope the rifting thing is a feature. Death to rifting!

• ThaarThaar Member Posts: 24

We discussed the rifting penalty in my legion and we agreed that we can certainly live with it.

• yoyoyoblakayoyoyoblaka Member Posts: 199

did they fix the shitty flying pvp especially for melee? 

imo the pvp in this game was shit and that was supposed to be the focal point of it. The abyss was terribly setup, and the "sieges" were nothing like lineage 2 which I was hoping for. 

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Originally posted by yoyoyoblaka

did they fix the shitty flying pvp especially for melee? 

imo the pvp in this game was shit and that was supposed to be the focal point of it. The abyss was terribly setup, and the "sieges" were nothing like lineage 2 which I was hoping for. 

I guess it depends on what you consider fixed.  The abyss has not changed and melee struggles still continue especially in flight.  However with 2.0 the new pvp areas(ground abyss) has no flight so it does close that gap a little.  I play a chanter so I feel the melee struggle.  They also have some quests in 2.0 to get epic weapons and then you get them extendable. 

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647
    I wouldnt go back simply b/c 4 servers are owned by elyos, 1 server owned by Asmos, its pretty much a pve game.
  • TedronaiTedronai Member UncommonPosts: 67

is there any pve (end game) content to speak of now? or are they adding that also with 2.0? Just played for a month or so at launch..

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

gonna resub once 2.0 comes out looking forward to it and if it doesn't work out its only 15 bucks.

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

I'm thinking of resubbing when 2.0 is released. Hope i can go back on my Chanter and level up in peace. Haha

• NeumonicNeumonic Member Posts: 10

I'm about a month in and im loving it!!!!  im at lvl 31.  But the thing that ppl are bitching about the servers being ran by one race.  How about helping out when fort timers are up.  But i guess you guys are too busy dueling each other to help. 

• KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

I purchased the game a month ago and so far loving it.

Level40 Chanter starting to get to the grind part.

But still have tons of quests left to do as a distraction.

I personally Love grinding from time to time and getting rare drops out of it to satisfy what I've done that sell for around 100-500k

Although the Rifting will destroy Rifting quests nobody will do them solo "Betoni will be twice as hard"

It wont destroy twinks, twinks will just Group up togeather making the buff useless.

2.0 Doesn't really add anything from 1-50 apart from 2 Solo Instances and pets, but +50 should be fun and the new Castle outside of the abyss should sort out some of the lag problems :)

• NeumonicNeumonic Member Posts: 10

I think this game is getting a lot of hate because of ppl called it a WOW-killer.   And i really hate that.  I havent had this much fun in a mmo since EQ1, vanguard or UO.   

And i really like how they tell you why you cant fly all the time in the story.   AION is giving me the PVP/ PVE i need in a mmo.   

Darkfall:: good PVP but the pve sucks ass. 

Wow: has ok pve but PVP sucks ass in the open world.

EQ2: dont get me started on that lvl locking piece of shit.

Vanguard: well its dying.

AOC:  After you leave the island the game loses its fun.

Warhammer: Too much hype that didnt do anything.  But the public Quest were great.

And no im not a Aion fanboy i called this game WOW with wings for the longest time.  UNTIL i played it.   And GOD IT CHANGED MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Questing:  PPL are willing to help you out.  Unlike most games where ppl are dicks and think its all about solo work.

So if you wanna play ask for a trial code here: 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/274946/page/1

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

I would like to resub but I have yet to see the full list of PvE added.

Im a PvE player and I suck badly at PvP and thats why I dont like it, simple enough. Since they are fixing some exploits in the rifting system I could go back, but I want to PvE, so, what do I get new?

Plus, the new pet system and the images I saw of player housing on that video some months ago were great. Im hoping they release the housing in the next 6 months after 2.0

• spinesplitspinesplit Member Posts: 115

I am back in Aion and loving it. it does suck being ganked so much leveling but I have taught myself to manage and survive.Would be nice to level with a bit more peace! I just hope they don't make pvp too carebear.The reason EVE pvp and Lineage 2 pvp appeals to me is because of the risk factor and loss/gain from death and wining/losing a fight. 

I hate that people expect to make epic games with no epic choices.....i like games where your every move has to be precise

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Originally posted by spinesplit

I am back in Aion and loving it. it does suck being ganked so much leveling but I have taught myself to manage and survive.Would be nice to level with a bit more peace! I just hope they don't make pvp too carebear.The reason EVE pvp and Lineage 2 pvp appeals to me is because of the risk factor and loss/gain from death and wining/losing a fight. 

I hate that people expect to make epic games with no epic choices.....i like games where your every move has to be precise

Well, once the servers come back up you won't have the issue with getting ganked repeatedly in your homeland maps so much anymore. You'll take less incoming damage, I think 80%, from rifters now. Sounds like they worked your issue out! :)

• TedronaiTedronai Member UncommonPosts: 67

I think I'm gonna try this game again =) Seems promising after what I've read, plus I'm bored.

Will I get access to 2.0 through resubbing? I dont have to buy anything extra or such..

• SineathSineath Member Posts: 224

Have you completely forgotten the botting and gold selling?  Aion was so beautiful, the population seemed so high, the exp curve sounded so demanding, the crafting appeared to be gratifying.  Then, bots leveled with the touch of one button.  The gold sellers combined with botting ruined crafting and the economy.  Not to mention, the ganking and lack of satisfaction from pvp.

How could you forget all of this and want to resub?

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Originally posted by Sineath

Have you completely forgotten the botting and gold selling?  Aion was so beautiful, the population seemed so high, the exp curve sounded so demanding, the crafting appeared to be gratifying.  Then, bots leveled with the touch of one button.  The gold sellers combined with botting ruined crafting and the economy.  Not to mention, the ganking and lack of satisfaction from pvp.

How could you forget all of this and want to resub?

Mate, how long dont u play this? I dont play for like 6 months and even before I quit there were already almost no bots and not a single spam on chat.

That was solved like ages ago

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

The nerf to rifting isn't unintended, it is true.

There is a huge PvP damage reduction in your homelands which should probably drive away most people that used to spend their whole day killing people that are playing in those areas.

The PvP will probably concentrate on the Balaurea contested area and the Abyss, which will have no  damage reduction.