Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning player - Questions

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

Im thinking of giving L2 another go , I have played it on and off throughout the years but one thing I cant deal with is server ghost towns.

How is the population right now?

Is the game worth coming back to?

Has anything good happened int he last 8 months while I was gone?

Also when will merges me for servers?

Any info would be great , thank you.

Comments

• JohansonJohanson Member UncommonPosts: 52

Originally posted by rubydragon5

Im thinking of giving L2 another go , I have played it on and off throughout the years but one thing I cant deal with is server ghost towns.

I can't speak for other servers, but Teon got preatty healthy population.

Giran and Aden are full with player shops, there are always lowbie dorfs in Dion selling ssD (I know coz I got one there),... My main is only 64 and I didn't have any issues with low population.

Now, if the game is worth coming back is harder question. It's basicly Lineage 2 in everything good and bad. If you hated game before, you'll still hate it, and if you liked game before, you'll still like it. I returned only little more than month ago, but I don't think that anything big has hapened, BUT on august 24th Freya is going on Live servers.

I don't know when merges will happen, but I think that we'll get more info after Freya update. NC has already confirmed, that merges are on the way, but no date has been given.

• ZenNatureZenNature Member CommonPosts: 354

To the best of my knowledge, server merges do not have a date yet. There's a big thread on the official forums to get player feedback on which servers to merge, and they're definitely going to do it but they don't know when.

As far as the other questions, this is coming from someone that played very little off and on since beta. I ditched my old characters and started a new one about a week or two ago. I'm currently level 27, so that's the perspective I'm coming from. I'm having a lot of fun with it, found a good RP guild on server Aria within the first couple days, and every city I go to outside of the starter town has groups of people in it. That's not including player shops. I can barely see the ground beneath all the player shop tags on the weekends, and there's still a handful around on the weekdays. I rarely have to compete with any camping spots, but I will usually run in to one or two people over the course of a couple hours grinding mobs. I've heard Phoenix is the most populated, but I like my experience on Aria so far with the community and player events.

I haven't kept up on the news until recently so I can't really tell you about updates in the past 8 months. You probably know more then I do already about the latest updates (prior to last time you played). It was well worth coming back to for me, partly because I'm burnt out on the whole quest-grinding nature of EQ2/WoW/Lotro. I like the fact that leveling is just me against hundreds of mobs, cutting out the mundane narrative that just wastes my time traveling between NPCs. The grind hasn't gotten any easier/quicker from what I remember years ago, so I think you either love it or hate it. That feels like the core of the game to me (at least at my level), so your experience will depend on how you look at that. I still have to get in to the whole kamas/cata runs so I can't tell if it's easy to find groups for that yet.

I'd say if you hate the grind, it's not worth coming back. If you miss the grind, then I don't think it's changed much since you left. Hopefully someone else can chime in on higher level / "endgame" population and changes.

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

i would say they's only 3 postive things for lineage 2 [1] now is the grapichs are still nice, for such a old game, everything else just has to many negative's to counter the postive's.

second the expansion's are free, suck's we probly have to wait forever for high five but it's always been ncsoft in a nutshell to scew over legal's, oh yere where also behind in update's compared to everyone else.

third is it has pet's that's really nice for bishop, elven elder get a second account and you can solo fine as a summonor with a greatwolf with shillen elder, warcryer or overlord second account really isen't needed. heck if your bishop with a great wolf you can kick the shit out off any class same lvl as you until the 76+ elemental game comes into play. the wolf also fine support for meele DD's. then they's the kookabaruo for nukers and buffalo for archer's or meele's to solo with.

then the negative's, and no im not even gonna list all off em, go play lineage for a few months and you find out!

you could say the grouping requirments for getting good exp is nice but that's pretty much been runied bye the constant party's every where they's just to many support classes needed.

You can hardly get group's if you dont find a constant and starting one up witch isen't your constant will result in one off your key classes leaving in the middle cause his/her constant need's em.

they might have some off the best pvp rule's with losing exp and no faction's so it has a meaning and not full loot witch forces you to farm several math's, if your on the losing side like darkfall, or with wow's honor point's and faction based witch makes the pvp battleground's or open world pretty meaingless.

But that to has been runied bye ncsoft poor magemaent and the comminuty's veiw on cheat more to win, not to mention you pretty much need to be lvl 80+ to do anything in pvp.

edit: oh yere before someone beat's me to it just because your swordsinger [witch are rare] or bladedancer dosen't mean the game is fine they's 37 classes in the game afterall ;)

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

I think it's worth coming back to. Since I just came back 2 months ago and I'm still having a lot of fun playing. The grind isn't as bad as it used to be, I don't see how people can think that. There are a lot more ways to make money now (the cubic quest, common items are cheaper, events tend to give out rewards worth a lot, Ancient adena sells for a lot more now).  And the couple active servers, have close to 2 thousand logged in at all times. Even if most are in shops, it still has a good amount actively grouping and such. I think it was worth it if you don't mind the fact that you will not catch up to the high level pvpers very fast, but if you play it long enough you definately can.

Oh and another plus, the new expansion freya that comes out tomorrow makes grouping give more exp, and some new reccomendation system where you get vitality bonuses for using reccomendations. Somewhat confusing, but sounds like the leveling will be a lot easier.

Originally posted by Panther2103

I think it's worth coming back to. Since I just came back 2 months ago and I'm still having a lot of fun playing. The grind isn't as bad as it used to be, I don't see how people can think that. There are a lot more ways to make money now (the cubic quest, common items are cheaper, events tend to give out rewards worth a lot, Ancient adena sells for a lot more now).  And the couple active servers, have close to 2 thousand logged in at all times. Even if most are in shops, it still has a good amount actively grouping and such. I think it was worth it if you don't mind the fact that you will not catch up to the high level pvpers very fast, but if you play it long enough you definately can.

Oh and another plus, the new expansion freya that comes out tomorrow makes grouping give more exp, and some new reccomendation system where you get vitality bonuses for using reccomendations. Somewhat confusing, but sounds like the leveling will be a lot easier.

what exaclty is worth coming back to in lineage2, pvp is screwed and pve is play certain time's over and over with your constant or solo

Besides thoes numbers or so rosecolored and untrue, in the server merge's thread it was stated that the server merging goal should have about 3000 concurrecent users on at all time's so just wait for the server merges a month or more away when they likely merge Teon the most active server with 2 or more server's...

oh and the grouping exp, aren't you talking about high five where the % bonuses changes for the better the more group member's you have, the recommendation and hour glass is nice tho.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Originally posted by Sorrowho

what exaclty is worth coming back to in lineage2, pvp is screwed and pve is play certain time's over and over with your constant or solo

Besides thoes numbers or so rosecolored and untrue, in the server merge's thread it was stated that the server merging goal should have about 3000 concurrecent users on at all time's so just wait for the server merges a month or more away when they likely merge Teon the most active server with 2 or more server's...

oh and the grouping exp, aren't you talking about high five where the % bonuses changes for the better the more group member's you have, the recommendation and hour glass is nice tho.

It's worth coming back to if you enjoyed it. The pvp isn't screwed, I do fortress battles and castle seiges all the time. Oly is screwed sure, the clans/allys who feed get hero. And if they don't feed they use their stacked characters to win. Oh well, that's oly it always has been.

Well on the website that tracks the active users online, it was close to 1500 on at most times on phoenix and teon, so sure I exaggerated by 500 people. Oh well. Sace said she would announce a month in advance so it's bound to be 2 to 3 months until a server merge.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that was what I was talking about, I glanced at the patch notes a while back and couldn't really figure out what they meant, since it never really states percentages or anything ever. It was also a korean translation I read.

I'm not saying the game is perfect, I'm saying a lot of people still enjoy it for what it is. To get population back they need to make the client F2P like the russian L2 and it would get a lot of people back, plus a lot of the private server crowds.

It's worth coming back to if you enjoyed it. The pvp isn't screwed, I do fortress battles and castle seiges all the time. Oly is screwed sure, the clans/allys who feed get hero. And if they don't feed they use their stacked characters to win. Oh well, that's oly it always has been.

Well on the website that tracks the active users online, it was close to 1500 on at most times on phoenix and teon, so sure I exaggerated by 500 people. Oh well. Sace said she would announce a month in advance so it's bound to be 2 to 3 months until a server merge.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that was what I was talking about, I glanced at the patch notes a while back and couldn't really figure out what they meant, since it never really states percentages or anything ever. It was also a korean translation I read.

I'm not saying the game is perfect, I'm saying a lot of people still enjoy it for what it is. To get population back they need to make the client F2P like the russian L2 and it would get a lot of people back, plus a lot of the private server crowds.

i diden mean only oly i meant every part off the pvp is screwed because off all the cheating, and ncsoft lack off doing almost nothing.

they's been dupe bug's for high lvl book's, safe skill enchatings for classes to 30+, useing ward's in olympiads and every group with war's runs around useing radar on Teon, they's even people who use programs in pvp's to target healer's auto assist or do other sort off stuff.

it's a long time ago i played on Franz and from what i hear around Teon is probly the worst server for cheating with hack's and such but Franz defintly beat's it with how many off they player's have botted, and Luna should be even worse.

what's so fun about pvp they's so many crowd abilitie's that flies around at mass pvp's that being under lvl 80 will get you cc'ed until someone finish you off in less then 2 to 3 second's.

damgede dealer's without a lvl 80 weapon with 300 elemental effect are terrible, healer's under 80 can die to 1 magic critical nuke or archer shot without bladestorm, not to mention the on and on.

it's more like your watching the fight and don't even contribute to it other then cannon fodder depending if your a support you can at least buff your teammate's.

here's a video from the l2 russian offical server's tho to point out how strong high lvl's are and everyone at pvp is pretty much 80+ on Teon, just look at any off Teon's pvp video's where you see people running around in dynasty set witch has lvl 80 + requriments

Originally Posted by Troyz View Post

added new movie, from Ruoff Atlant server sieges.

Ruoff Sieges 11.07.10

URL: http://files.mail.ru/22DT5F / http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8PQ12L8G

POV: Storm Screamer 85, Eva's Saint 85

Duration: 19:35

Tracklist:

Spiderbait - Buy Me A Pony

Lostprophets - Wake Up

Lesley Roy - Psycho bitch

All That Remains - Six

Dover - Dear Mc Cartney

Dinda - Crying

about the number's i dont quite remember phoneix number's being that high, might just be my memory but i have seen Teon around 1500 in prime time's, besides it was still 500 wrong and so few player's isent really a lot when you gotta count in shop's, buffbot's, player's own train's and last farmer's.

and i pass on free to play discussion, just theory crafting

• konrad16660konrad16660 Member Posts: 182

There is a forum posting on here under Lineage 2 where a guy is giving out 15 day return keys for people who haven't played on their accounts for 90 days.  You should get one and try out Lineage 2 for yourself.  I know that for me, I either like a game or hate it.  It doesn't matter what my friends care, because either way, its me playing the game.  I have never had any RL friends that played L2, but I sure did make some great ones while playing.  For myself, I just posted my e-mail to get return keys for my 2 accounts so i can check it out and see if i can get into a guild and good community.  Then if the server merges happen, that would be even greater.  I dunno, theres something about L2 that keeps me coming back.