Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brower games on mmorpg.com

XotellXotell Member UncommonPosts: 34

It's starting to really annoy me how any game that's online and has some people playing is considered an MMORPG. There should be staff members to play the brower games (because it seems like no one does) and decide if they're actually multiplayer or not, because all the ones I've seen aren't. It's either just you at some interface where interaction is limited to chat (rarely) or one on one interaction of some kind (trading, versus etc.) which, in my opinion, is nowhere near multiplayer. Or it's city-building which could be multiplayer if there's more than one on one interaction. But then there's the massively part, which requires drawing the line between massive and not massive and I don't see a solution there. Finally, the RPG part of MMORPG is really defined by who's playing so any game can fit that. So I'm not saying all of them should stay or go, just that the sites content should be consistent with it's name.

One man's guts are another man's glory.

I actually didn't expect to be Black...

Comments

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,667

Agreed in two ways. First, many browser mmo's are just single player games in multiplayer worlds. No grouping encouraged or required for any task. Second, the list of browser games on this site is missing many real browser mmorpgs, but includes many browser games which are far from mmorpgs. I think a better screening process would be in order.