Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOL those crazy STO mods

bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Ran across this thread in the forums:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=175738

After 4 pages of deleted posts you finally get an idea of what's going on. Why they just didn't delete the thread is beyond me. They seem to have no problem doing in other times.

Comments

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

What the heck? They deleted every post in the entire thread, except for the Dev's warning and lock? Oh well, they always have had a haphazard approach to moderating their forums; that fact was commented on recently in a thread on the official forums.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• DragonSharkDragonShark Member UncommonPosts: 227

So, what was it about? I see a vague reference to Jupiter Fleet in Stormshade's final post, but that's pretty much it.

Originally posted by DragonShark

So, what was it about? I see a vague reference to Jupiter Fleet in Stormshade's final post, but that's pretty much it.

I'm guessing the OP in that thread (and the other posters) were calling out the guys from the STOked podcast, and accusing them of something. Rather than just delete the thread and send PMs (and possibly infraction points) to those involved, the Dev deleted every post on four pages. This wouldn't be the first time STO players had a beef with those guys and their fleet (irc chat, player council), but I don't know what the particular issue was this time.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

Originally posted by Dinendae

I'm guessing the OP in that thread (and the other posters) were calling out the guys from the STOked podcast, and accusing them of something. Rather than just delete the thread and send PMs (and possibly infraction points) to those involved, the Dev deleted every post on four pages. This wouldn't be the first time STO players had a beef with those guys and their fleet (irc chat, player council), but I don't know what the particular issue was this time.

My understanding and this is by no means first hand. Someone with some sort of learning or speech disability applied to Jupiter Fleet , got turned down . I believe they consider every memeber as a PR spokesman for the fleet and must be articulate and considered a good representative .  This person was denied , and the freinds are now on a vendetta against STO'ked and Jupiter. People need to step back and try to be objective.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

Wow.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• PermianPermian Member CommonPosts: 78

Originally posted by saxifr

Wow.

I am also thinking "wow" but not at the thread - at the forum banner.

It's *finally* (six months late) been updated to something Star Trekish instead of a bunch of trees and shrubs.

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by Permian

Wow.

I am also thinking "wow" but not at the thread - at the forum banner.

It's *finally* (six months late) been updated to something Star Trekish instead of a bunch of trees and shrubs.

I saw that too but I was wondering when the predators invaded the star trek universe.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

Originally posted by bstiff

I saw that too but I was wondering when the predators invaded the star trek universe.

I was thinking more Creature from the Black Lagoon than Predator.  At least Predator is kinda cool/scary looking.  Those things just look lame.

What's funnier is the intro video is by Zink...a guy that "quit" over a month ago now, wasn't it?

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

You know back in the day when STO launched and we all thought it was fabulous, some wit on their forums posted it was going to be a wow-killer.

He was so dead on.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Actually, one post non the second page survived:

"I'm still confused, who is "she" what was "she" trying to do, what was the official stoked response?

I think im gonna stick with this is some personal vendetta shingra has against stoked until they provide any documentation of what they say."

By Bloodymanuel.

You know back in the day when STO launched and we all thought it was fabulous, some wit on their forums posted it was going to be a wow-killer.

He was so dead on.

EVERY MMO launched since WoW has some fools claiming it will be the "WoW-killer." When the game eventual doesn't live up to that promise, those same people go on about how it could have been the "WoW-killer," if only the game had done X. Before WoW launched, every game was supposed to be the "EQ-killer." Even WoW hasn't managed to kill off EQ, which has around 16 expansions so far. Here's the seceret: No game is going to kill off any other game; if a game dies, it's because it killed itself or the suits decided to pull the plug too early.

Originally posted by Xondar123

"I'm still confused, who is "she" what was "she" trying to do, what was the official stoked response?

I think im gonna stick with this is some personal vendetta shingra has against stoked until they provide any documentation of what they say."

By Bloodymanuel.

Eh, either way I don't care; I'm just confused as to why they just didn't delete the whole thread.

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372

By Bloodymanuel.

Eh, either way I don't care; I'm just confused as to why they just didn't delete the whole thread.

its like a when a lion kills a hyena and just leaves the carcass laying out in the open, where other hyenas can see it

Originally posted by tokini 

its like a when a lion kills a hyena and just leaves the carcass laying out in the open, where other hyenas can see it

Makes as much sense as anything else they do, I guess.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

If that is true, then this will be the second time the STOKED guys, can't remember if it was Jeremy or Chris, has been accused of something.  The first time was when they found out they were going to be on the player council and they posted in their jupiter fleet forums that "its time to quell the haters".  A STO forum poster found this and posted it in the regular STO forums, which created a nice flame war for a time.   I think one of the STOKED guys claimed it was a joke being taken out of context.  Im not sure if a player council even exists in the game anymore to be honest.   

I could care less about what the STOKED guys do though.  They make a podcast about the game, and some are enjoyable to watch.  Some are just.. meh.  Its a nice service to offer the STO community though, and I commend their efforts for putting up weekly videos about the game.  

But it is funny that Stormshade didn't just lock or delete that thread.  Oh well.. it gave me some laughs.  The STO forums are good for some LOL's sometimes.

Originally posted by Cacaphony   

I could care less about what the STOKED guys do though.  They make a podcast about the game, and some are enjoyable to watch.  Some are just.. meh.  Its a nice service to offer the STO community though, and I commend their efforts for putting up weekly videos about the game.  

I pretty much feel the same way; it's a nice service for the STO community, but I really don't care either way.

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

By Bloodymanuel.

Exactly while reading I honestly got a sense that I was curios as to what the topic was but by the third page one just has to wonder why the whole thread wsn't closed?  I just don't get it but then again getting things helmed by Jack Emmert is not really a natural especially if you enjoy mmo's.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....