Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did something happen?

caine6621caine6621 Member UncommonPosts: 210

I just returned to the game yesterday after about a 9 month break and what happened?

I have not seen anyone from my guild come on in two days (they were very active).  No one has donated anything to the guild in 6 days.

Zone/world chat is almost non-existent. 

Did something happen that caused a huge exodus?

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't

Comments

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

Apparently they took sending gold by mail out of the game till next month.

Heres a copy of the note from Lazlow

Dear Community,

We were able to trace down a strategy used by gold-sellers, that they used very actively to gain profit and hurt the game. We analyzed this method and will be able to stop it. But for this we needed to deactivate the option to send gold via the in-game mail system. 

This is only temporary. We had to do this before in the past, and we were able to reactivate this option for our players within a short time period. This time we also aim to reactivate the option again as fast as we can.

Here is a small Q&A guide to answer the most important questions right away:

• Which feature exactly was deactivated?

The option to send gold via the in-game Mail System and the C.O.D (Cash on Delivery) system. Since we were not able to change the user interface yet, you will receive an error message if you try. Please avoid to use this feature until we reactivate it.

If you have any problems after reactivation of this feature, please log out of the game and log back in again.

• Why did you deactivate it?

Gold-sellers and hackers abused this function heavily during the last weeks. We deactivated it to research those cases and will reactivate it as soon as the research is complete.

• How long will this take?

We expect to reactivate this feature soon, most likely at the beginning of next month (September).

• How will this affect the trade between players?

All other trading options can be used normally.

Please be very careful when trading with other players, only trade with players whom you know or whom you can trust!

• What are the alternatives, that players can use?

You can use the trading options of the auction house or the direct trade option between two players.

Thats it in a nut shell take away diamonds sales in ah to take away diamond sales thro mail CoD kinsa hurts the player base or has in the past in RoM.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• menasuremenasure Member Posts: 75

looks like they've done it again...

the measures 'against fraude and gold sellers' probably have already cost the publishers (or is a front of the developer?) of this game more than it has gained for them. they 've succeeded in turning their own problem into a real problem for the honest community whether they pay or not ... the possibility to acquire cash shop items by in game trading was once one of the main features to attract players but i doubt that all the players who've quit will come back once the developer&publishers figured out a solution for their problem after all these months, many will just have moved on.

• caine6621caine6621 Member UncommonPosts: 210

I just can't believe my whole guild is gone....they were 8-14 hour a day players since it came out....to find absolutely no one on it baffling.

I even checked, they are still with the guild.....not like there was a reorganization or something

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't

• HaltsTimeHaltsTime Member UncommonPosts: 30

Originally posted by caine6621

I just returned to the game yesterday after about a 9 month break and what happened?

I have not seen anyone from my guild come on in two days (they were very active).  No one has donated anything to the guild in 6 days.

Zone/world chat is almost non-existent. 

Did something happen that caused a huge exodus?

9 month is a long break~ almost a year, maybe they moved on to another game~

• Shooter-90Shooter-90 Member Posts: 100

I usually find guilds to have an unconscious pack mentality. When it comes to level or doing something, there is always a hidden agenda behind it whether it is a quest for themselves or certain items a person wants. Other times when people leave, usually that starts a slow reaction since one player is not online a a specific point; people would start logging off the instant they see no one on. Then after awhile since grinding and questing alone doesn't appeal to them, they just drop out of the game and play something other guildies are playing or go off on their own. I've seen all the scenarios play out and it turns out to be very devastating.

Usually if your the only person on during your timezone, it could be a bad thing since you will likely drop out of the guild. However if you know people of timezones close to you who don't log in at their usually time without some notification, it makes it kind of suspicious on what happened. At any rate, what I'm trying to say is that if you're still interested in your guild...try to align your interest to the guild's purpose. Stay online at usual times and see who pops on and try talking to them. After awhile you will notice that you just restarted the guild by showing there is life in the guild left. 

As a group, it is essential to know who the leadership belongs to. Without a leader, a group is just a disorganized mob. My suggestion to you is to gather the remaining players who dimly come on and off and do something with the lower level. There by showing interest to guildies which would promote them to being more active if you are wanting to take part as the guild. As time passes you might want to slowly recruit new players to the newly established environment of the guild. As you become more accepting to members, you will notice activity is about to regrow.

If your guild master hasn't logged on the entire time without notice(best wait about a month), it would be a good idea to get together with your guild and try and figure out what to do. You can gather the remaining and begin to rebuild a new guild or continue with what you have and try and make due.  In either case, you have to keep a friendly and inviting environment where people just hop in and just do group stuff and chill out.

In short, stay active and be useful.

• saddragon69saddragon69 Member Posts: 81

does anyone know if they allow buy and selling of diamonds on the broker again for  gold  i quit when they blocked it and just wonder if they ever returned it??

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

Originally posted by saddragon69

does anyone know if they allow buy and selling of diamonds on the broker again for  gold  i quit when they blocked it and just wonder if they ever returned it??

It's still off. They said they are working on it yet no details when it's gonna be back.

• Shooter-90Shooter-90 Member Posts: 100

To sum it up:

-Chapter 3 now

-Cap is 60 now

-Pets that give stats + pet system to get pets + instance for getting some food for pets

-Relationship system for loot/exp/TP/MP/HP increases (depending on relationship types, Link: http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showpost.php?p=319385&postcount=4)

-Diamond and gold trades on Auction House are offline.

-Gold farmers selling wares on the Varanas Bridge

-Gold can't be sent by mail because of previous note

-Bug fix + bug fix + bug fix + minor balancing in certain places + bug fix

-Double diamond events, new mounts (2-player mounts introduced)

-Newbie Pets to help new players

-A couple free respecs

-Insert latest player drama in World "Spam"

And that's what you missed since you left.

• Originally posted by Shooter-90

To sum it up:

-Chapter 3 now

-Cap is 60 now

-Pets that give stats + pet system to get pets + instance for getting some food for pets

-Relationship system for loot/exp/TP/MP/HP increases (depending on relationship types, Link: http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showpost.php?p=319385&postcount=4)

-Diamond and gold trades on Auction House are offline.

-Gold farmers selling wares on the Varanas Bridge

-Gold can't be sent by mail because of previous note

-Bug fix + bug fix + bug fix + minor balancing in certain places + bug fix

-Double diamond events, new mounts (2-player mounts introduced)

-Newbie Pets to help new players

-A couple free respecs

-Insert latest player drama in World "Spam"

And that's what you missed since you left.

You forgot one.  the numerous server crashes and the database crash that caused many players to lose items they spent real money on.  Server crashes that had servers down for almost (on occasion more than) 24+ hours at a time, with support only offering "We're aware of the problem and working on it".

Or the notorious Artemis server crash that was blamed on the regional routing problems, YET no other servers (all physically located in San Fran) were ever affected.  Support is clueless about their hardware and often times close problem tickets with the mentality of "If we close it, they still spend money and we don't have to do anything".