Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dont think assassin is likely.

cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

in my hjonest opinion assassin will not likely apear in GW2. simpley because lorewize it would not really make to much sense to have an assassin in the rigion depicted.

my list of possible classes are as fallows:

Necro

Musketeer/marksman/gunguy

engineer (robots would be cool :P ) could use traps!:D

mesmer

of course  dont take my word as %100, im not a dev im just speculating. haveing an assasin would be cool, but not haveing it wont make it bad at all. but since this is fallowing a established lore  it is unlikely assassin will be a profession. its more likely  we will have our bread and butter (warrior, necro, mesmer, ranger, elementalist [no monk oviously]) and  2 new professions never seen before. now assumeing that guns are meant for a new class its most liekly a gunner class. but the final class will be the one in my opinion to look out for. no one except Anet knows this for now but im not putting any money on assassin :P

now many of you may be asking why i even posted this.... well i am too.. someone tell me why i posted this.

Comments

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

The "assassin"(could also be known as Thief or Bandit) is the guy in cool black to the far left. And some of the skill videos show some enemy NPCs dressed like that. None of this is confirmation but it makes it sound more likely.

Reason you made this thread: You are slightly drunk.

This is not a game.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Lol , I agree I think the OP is a bit intoxicated or something ,lol 

I have no idea if that class will be in the game , but if there is a class that revolves around being silent or stealthy, they better not be able to become completly invisible like the rogue in WoW.

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

Originally posted by Entropy14

I have no idea if that class will be in the game , but if there is a class that revolves around being silent or stealthy, they better not be able to become completly invisible like the rogue in WoW.

am not, your a liar. i dont drink or do any drugs. but i have been up for 38 hours.

also we already have assassins in the extended lore, but they exist on a diffrent  continent. as for being compleatly invisible, it would not matter too much it they could anyway. have you even played the game?

Originally posted by cloud8521

am not, your a liar. i dont drink or do any drugs. but i have been up for 38 hours.

also we already have assassins in the extended lore, but they exist on a diffrent  continent. as for being compleatly invisible, it would not matter too much it they could anyway. have you even played the game?

Staying awake for 38 hrs is like being a bit tipsy.

This is not a game.

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360

Originally posted by Zeroxin

The "assassin"(could also be known as Thief or Bandit) is the guy in cool black to the far left. And some of the skill videos show some enemy NPCs dressed like that. None of this is confirmation but it makes it sound more likely.

But but but but.... Who's the blue lady on the far right then :o?

Purple lady must be mesmer ;p

But blue ? Shield and a mace ? (it is a mace right ?)

The only Professions I remember having shields with skills for it would be Paragon and Warrior, and we already have the Warrior, and the Paragon uses spears anyway >_<

On topic: I do also believe that the Assasin will make it into the game, keep in mind that 250 years has passed, where as assassins from Cantha could easily have travelled to Tyria to teach ?

The "Blue Mace Lady" is thought to be a mix between the Paragon/dervish and monk.

This is not a game.

The "Blue Mace Lady" is thought to be a mix between the Paragon/dervish and monk.

Thats a lot of mixes.

I always loved to play Dervish, though I wonder if its a mix between those 3 what part of the Dervish Prof would be in it, for me the dervish was all about the scythe, and obviously shifting into the Avatar of some god.

Originally posted by Maggon

Thats a lot of mixes.

I always loved to play Dervish, though I wonder if its a mix between those 3 what part of the Dervish Prof would be in it, for me the dervish was all about the scythe, and obviously shifting into the Avatar of some god.

Its a toss between the Paragon and the dervish, we don't know yet. And I agree that Dervishes were the most unique prof. design when it comes to the Nightfall campaign, the Paragon was more of a mixed bag. Also with the fact that the gods of Tyria still answer prayers(as said on the wiki) I could say Dervishes might make a return, who knows though...

This is not a game.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

Thats a lot of mixes.

yep - and in some game systems, a suitable name is ........ a paladin

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Have I played GW 2  ?  No I havnt , lol ... and I agree being up 38 hours is about the same as drinking a few beers ,lol

• WarbandWarband Member UncommonPosts: 723

Concept arts do not confirm or deny the existence of any classes. Just because you have a concept art of something doesn't mean it'll exist like that in game. Take for example spears and polearms, we have a bunch of concept art on those yet as you know both have been confirmed not to be in-game.

Originally posted by jondifool

Thats a lot of mixes.

That was the first thing which crossed my mind when I saw her.

But then thought.. Naa probaly not paladin...

Though then again if it has something to do with prayers then yes probaly a Mix between a Monk and a Dervish might be correct. 

AAAAARH - the possibilities ! *mind implodes*

Thats a lot of mixes.

Vanguard....

This is not a game.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Thats a lot of mixes.

More fitting name would be a templar. Something from our White Mantle friends.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

Originally posted by Warband

Concept arts do not confirm or deny the existence of any classes. Just because you have a concept art of something doesn't mean it'll exist like that in game. Take for example spears and polearms, we have a bunch of concept art on those yet as you know both have been confirmed not to be in-game.

Well, like I said, I've seen profs in the gameplay videos that look EXACTLY like that. The elementalist video; static field, she was battling an NPC that looked like the concept art for the "Sin". The only reason no one has been able to point out where the Blue mace lady's profession is in any video is because her profession wears heavy armour like the warriors (although I think when you watch the recent trailer its the guy in plated armour standing under an electrified bridge).

This is not a game.

Originally posted by Quirhid

Thats a lot of mixes.

More fitting name would be a templar. Something from our White Mantle friends.

I like that....Templar...

This is not a game.

• VaettirVaettir Member Posts: 68

The only Professions I remember having shields with skills for it would be Paragon and Warrior, and we already have the Warrior, and the Paragon uses spears anyway >_<

On topic: I do also believe that the Assasin will make it into the game, keep in mind that 250 years has passed, where as assassins from Cantha could easily have travelled to Tyria to teach ?

Heh. I remember seeing some sort of purple spell being cast in the trailer and thinking "yep, there's definitely a mesmer."

They may not call it an assassin, but I'm thinking there's at least a dagger-oriented stealthy spiker. All the cool kids have them these days.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Originally posted by Vaettir

Heh. I remember seeing some sort of purple spell being cast in the trailer and thinking "yep, there's definitely a mesmer."

They may not call it an assassin, but I'm thinking there's at least a dagger-oriented stealthy spiker. All the cool kids have them these days.

I'm thinking Ms Purple is a Norn, prob a Mesmer-hybrid. On the other side of the warrior is an Asura Necro, next to a Charr with a very big gun, prob Mr Magic Gun, and a Sylvari in front of them, prob assassin.

That leaves the Paladin/Templar on the far right of the screen.

Judging by all the new images and mannifesto vid with pics of armour-plated, wing-healmed character, it looks like this  will be the next reveal before Gamescon.

Profession #4: "TEMPLAR" ?

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I dont think that Anet will give stealth to players. In gw1 assassins didnt have stealth either, but they had a few teleport skills. If GW1 is any indication for combat in GW2, you can expect that arena pvp will be better balanced then in WoW. No gearbased stuff anyway.

Well, like I said, I've seen profs in the gameplay videos that look EXACTLY like that. The elementalist video; static field, she was battling an NPC that looked like the concept art for the "Sin". The only reason no one has been able to point out where the Blue mace lady's profession is in any video is because her profession wears heavy armour like the warriors (although I think when you watch the recent trailer its the guy in plated armour standing under an electrified bridge).

You do realise all light armour is wearable by all casters, medium by all adventurers and heavy all solders. Those "assassin's" could just be rangers with a sword and dagger and no pet's, or far more likely not a profession at all since gw2 since enemies aren't like enemies in gw1 they have their own set of skills that players can't access meaning that if that wasn't a player character that "class" would be unique to enemies only.

You do realise all light armour is wearable by all casters, medium by all adventurers and heavy all solders. Those "assassin's" could just be rangers with a sword and dagger and no pet's, or far more likely not a profession at all since gw2 since enemies aren't like enemies in gw1 they have their own set of skills that players can't access meaning that if that wasn't a player character that "class" would be unique to enemies only.

Well from what I could see, th character looked EXACTLY like the art. Also that same piece of art was in the manifesto trailer. And I haven't read anywhere that enemies don't have the same skillset as players. What  they usually have is 1 or 2 skills that are known as "monster skills" (major bosses have a full set of "monster skills") that only they can access but majority of the time they have access to the same pool of skills the players do. I haven't read anything to say otherwise.

This is not a game.

Well from what I could see, th character looked EXACTLY like the art. Also that same piece of art was in the manifesto trailer. And I haven't read anywhere that enemies don't have the same skillset as players. What  they usually have is 1 or 2 skills that are known as "monster skills" (major bosses have a full set of "monster skills") that only they can access but majority of the time they have access to the same pool of skills the players do. I haven't read anything to say otherwise.

what does "EXACTLY" mean. Pix or it never happed :P

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Wow?! I didn't know the picture was this revealed yet, with the mesmer, soldier class and assassin type class in it.

Good job image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

I'm completely certain that has been confirmed, it'll be difficult to find the exact interview but that has been confirmed, any long time member of gw2g can tell you that. I'll see if I can find it but it is like looking for a needle in a haystack....

I'm completely certain that has been confirmed, it'll be difficult to find the exact interview but that has been confirmed, any long time member of gw2g can tell you that. I'll see if I can find it but it is like looking for a needle in a haystack....

thats why you use a magnet :D