Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 7 64-bit and Ryzom [Solved]

SigrandSigrand Member UncommonPosts: 367

So after reading all the great posts about this game on these forums recently I decided to download it and give it a shot.  I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.  When I try to run the installer it tells me "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Is anyone here running this game on windows 7 64-bit and if so, how did you manage to install it?  Is there a 64-bit version of the installer that I can't seem to find?  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm very very interested in playing this game.  Thanks in advance, guys.

Comments

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I downloaded and updated with no problems at all.  Try running the program in compatibility mode, and make sure your version of Windows is up to date.  I'm not sure what else to tell you though, as this is all just a shot in the dark.

• SigrandSigrand Member UncommonPosts: 367

Thanks for the tips.  I should have mentioned that I've already tried to run it in compatibility mode.  I haven't completely updated windows 7 so maybe that will help.  I'll give it a try.

I've updated Windows to be completely up-to-date now and it still gives me the same error.  Anyone else have any other ideas?

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Do they have a support number you can call?  I wouldn't bother with tech support forums as they're mostly filled with idiots who know nothing about technical support other than to tell you to update your video card drivers.  You may not get much else by talking to a live person, but at least you can get someone to talk to you.  It's usually like a 1 and 5 chance a tech support rep will ever reply to your forum post.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

running windows 7 64-bit home premium

have not needed to fiddle with compatability - so no boxes ticked there

just checked and running as administrator is active - not sure if i had to choose this or it was auto

• soglosoglo Member Posts: 18

Try setting compatibility for Windows Vista Service Pack 2.  I kept crashing when loading the game until I did this justa  few minutes ago.

None of the compatibility options works.  No matter what I set it to I get the same error message.

• soglosoglo Member Posts: 18

Try downloading a new installer?  I downloaded this today, using the Torrent.  I installed it on 64-bit Windows 7.  Installed without issues, just the freezing when I entered the game, which was fixed with Windows Vista compatibility.

I download the client today through the torrent as well.  This is very strange.  Maybe I'll need to reinstall windows.  Could have had a bad install or something.  If no one else can come up with a solution I'll probably end up doing that.

Solved.  Apparently it wasn't an issue with the installer or my version of windows.  My bit torrent program falsely labeled it as a completed download (100%).  After restarting my computer while installing the windows updates it showed it correctly as 99.8% complete.  I started it up again and it finished downloading the file.  Installed without a hitch lol.

Thanks for your help everyone.  Looking forward to playing this game.  :)

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

Funny how people always say we should try running older games in compatibility mode. It has never ever halped me to run the game properly.

• SywindtSywindt Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by TwilightEdge

Funny how people always say we should try running older games in compatibility mode. It has never ever halped me to run the game properly.

Indeed, and Ryzom does not need to be run in compatibility mode on Windows 7. Many players run it on W7 without any issues.

Ryzom Game Master - Arispotle Server