Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It is such a waste of great concept.

ShreddiShreddi Member UncommonPosts: 320

Someone buy it and either make it a FPS or and MMO with optional PVP.   The later of the two would be successfull.   MMO players do not like forced PVP.   First Person Shooters dont like weak assed guns and being forced to play in 3rd person. 

Want an example?  Sign onto UT, Quake and all the REAL FPS games.   Your hit  once your dead.   Remember how many servers ran instagib?    ONLY  the real FPS players will understand.  

NOW,  MMO players,  they don't want to be forced into PVP and the concept of actually aiming is foriegn to them.    People can probably understand both genres have more to them then these couple sentences,  There is a big difference.

Is RTW trying to produce a new hybrid market?    Good Luck.    Wish someone would come out with a game with big realistic world using the specs of real life guns.  

Since when can you hit someone dead square in the heart 3 times with a magnum resembling the desert eagle and they turn around and spray you with bb's? 

Sell the game RTW,  to someone knowing their audience,  Please.

This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

Comments

• GrimzayGrimzay Member Posts: 214

Originally posted by Shreddi

Someone buy it and either make it a FPS or and MMO with optional PVP.   The later of the two would be successfull.   MMO players do not like forced PVP.   First Person Shooters dont like weak assed guns and being forced to play in 3rd person. 

Want an example?  Sign onto UT, Quake and all the REAL FPS games.   Your hit  once your dead.   Remember how many servers ran instagib?    ONLY  the real FPS players will understand.  

NOW,  MMO players,  they don't want to be forced into PVP and the concept of actually aiming is foriegn to them.    People can probably understand both genres have more to them then these couple sentences,  There is a big difference.

Is RTW trying to produce a new hybrid market?    Good Luck.    Wish someone would come out with a game with big realistic world using the specs of real life guns.  

Since when can you hit someone dead square in the heart 3 times with a magnum resembling the desert eagle and they turn around and spray you with bb's? 

Sell the game RTW,  to someone knowing their audience,  Please.

No.

I happen to be a MMO player I like a forced pvp areas or full on forced pvp games. Simply because I like pvping and pking.

They are not being forced to play in 3rd person. That is part of the game. If a FPS player does not like 3PS then they should simply AVOID it, just like those who hate PVP should avoid games that contain forced pvp.

Also, I happen to like FPS and 3PS.

If by UT you mean Unreal tournament then "your hit your dead" is wrong and only applies to the redeemer and the rocket launcher even then the rocket launcher only 1hits on direct impact.

If you're talking about making the game appeal to a wider audience, they could make it FPS and make it PVP optional and what not, I don't care.

Not all MMO players are the same...as you seem to think.

Not all FPS players are the same...as you seem to think.

No one is being forced to do or play anything.

If the game appeals to people that like 3PS and PVP, they will play/try it and make their judgement on whether they want to continue playing.

If the person doesn't like 3PS and PVP, they won't/shouldn't play it depending on how strong their feelings are..

The amount of people running around on this forum screaming "forced" is astonishing.

Simple solution > Not your style? Don't play it.

Don't play it damn well knowning it's a 3PS and pure PVP knowing you(the person) don't like either and then have the audacity to go to any forum saying "they should change it to appeal to me and those who like what I like".

Also, though I don't care, most people don't like being 1shot all over the place by any gun.

"We got rid of the trinity." How'd you do that? "Now everyone can heal." Sounds like you just took the mechanic and spread it thin. "Well no, there's one class that can do it better than others." I see, so they're healers. "No. They're.." -mind asplode-

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I sort of agree.  I think there is a potential market here but on the other hand I think APB has something of an identity crisis.  The customization is awesome, but the core of the game is as a shooter, and yet there is the upgrade componenty which imbalances gameplay and makes it really hard for new people joining.  And the game has only been out a couple months?  Yet starting now would be difficult do to how many people have maxed characters.  In a traditional mmo this would not be so bad, but in a competitive game where all there is to do is compete, the game fails.

What sucks is there are a lot of hackers destroying the game, and RTW is pretty much silent on what they are doing to protect the community.   If you can't protect the integrity of the game, people will go elsewhere for their shooter fix.  Probably someplace free where you don't have to worry about upgrades galore.

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

yep it could been a great mmo if done right with open pvp, control territory, race track, bar so ppl can meet and have beers, attackable player city, damn they should have me design the game.

• LithdovLithdov Member Posts: 173

If there was actually a point to the PvP, it would attract more players (zone control, stat bonuses, equipment rewards, whatever).

Even if there wasn't, but the combat didn't suck so much ass (completely unbalanced weapons, janky hit detection, no location based damage modeling), it would attract more players.

If there was open-world combat in different zones, it would attract more players.

If it wasn't riddled with cheaters/hackers/exploiters, it would attract more players.

This game is the definition of wasted potential. I had been looking forward to it ever since it was announced, but I only played it for a couple of days once it came out. It's been collecting dust ever since. Such a God damn shame.

If you want a real harsh death penalty, go play Russian Roulet. - Hamzal