Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

verly little content being added until after season 3

This is not a rumor. Season 3 is going to consist of mostly polish and bug fixes for the STO that already exists. This does not mean there won't be any new content however. Especially since UGC is going to be a part of Season 3.

Season 3 will not contain a new faction (such as Romulans). We are holding off on adding a new faction until the Klingon faction has been fully fleshed out.

Thanks,

Stormshade

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=2943158#post2943158

ROFL!!!! oh by the way guys... were not adding any new content to our content empty game for at least a few more months.

ROFLCOPTER!!!!!

ps. we expect you to pay a monthly sub though while we finish the work we should have done months before launch.

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

Comments

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

anyone want to bet  they still manage to add a bunch to the c-store though?

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• spladsplad Member Posts: 24

actually, they are just adding the bug fixes to the C-Store.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Im interested to see how many things their bug fixes break in the game. 

Originally posted by raistalin69

Season 3 will not contain a new faction (such as Romulans). We are holding off on adding a new faction until the Klingon faction has been fully fleshed out.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Soooo.. basiclly stormshade just admitted there will never be a 3rd faction.

If they do end up including UCG as part of season three, then we can assume they are counting on their player base to bail them out on more content for the subscribers to play through.

Originally posted by Cacaphony

If they do end up including UCG as part of season three, then we can assume they are counting on their player base to bail them out on more content for the subscribers to play through.

ummm, thats how i read it. they obviously have no intention of adding enough content to flush out the klingons for at least 6 months to a year (and im guessing longer as c-store content comes first) ..... so yeah, no third faction for the foreseeable future, and what content there will be for the next few months will probably be player made(after season 3)...... i wonder if cbs has to approve or can veto player made content? wouldnt that be funny.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

Thanks,

Stormshade

No as I explained in another thread this is being held in reserve , to save a sinking ship .  Season three is an effort to maintain and hold the one year memberships that will be due to renew. The Romulan faction will be gi news that will be burst forward at the 11 month stage of the game, to encourage resubs abd hopefully renew interest in the game . This will all co-incide at approximately the same time SW:ToR will be released. I think it's foolish , but that's how I see them playing this.

Originally posted by AG-Vuk

No as I explained in another thread this is being held in reserve , to save a sinking ship .  Season three is an effort to maintain and hold the one year memberships that will be due to renew. The Romulan faction will be gi news that will be burst forward at the 11 month stage of the game, to encourage resubs abd hopefully renew interest in the game . This will all co-incide at approximately the same time SW:ToR will be released. I think it's foolish , but that's how I see them playing this.

ROFL! your probably right, but after how well planned and implemented the klingon faction was..............

• Mr_CyberpunkMr_Cyberpunk Member Posts: 71

I figured Season 3 wouldn't have anything, mainly because they keep saying "we're pushing this back".. bloody hopeless developer. Can they at least do the right thing here and instead of fixing the already plentiful number of bugs, just scrap the entire mission structure entirely- I mean that seems to be the smartest choice seeing as no matter how many bugs they fix the game is still going to play like crap. The problem isn't with QA, its with Design.. but I'm suspicious that their game designers are smug assholes that simply won't listen to anyone. When they do listen, its only for something stupidly simple like a mini-game that adds nothing of value to the initial gameplay.

Their priorities are fucked.. what the game needs is something equivilent to the SWG-NGE, but instead of being shit- actually improving on the game instead. But we all know that Cryptic are worse than SOE given that they can't even pass the first year without their game totally royally fucking up.

What a pathetic attempt. I regret my purchase.

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177
    I expected nothing less from that sorry team of DeVry Grads. Just look at something as simple as Klingon Scanners, they were broke since beta and I don't see them getting fixed anytime soon. Maybe Cryptic was right when they said "We just don't get it."

Originally posted by ScribbleLay1

I expected nothing less from that sorry team of DeVry Grads. Just look at something as simple as Klingon Scanners, they were broke since beta and I don't see them getting fixed anytime soon. Maybe Cryptic was right when they said "We just don't get it."

well most people have moved on from "just dont get it" to "just dont beleive it"

many have even passed this point to "just dont want it"

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

well most people have moved on from "just dont get it" to "just dont beleive it"

Actually most that washed their hands of the game went straight to "Don't want it" around the time the comment was made, if not sooner.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

As for those worried about not having a new faction to play with in season 3, Stahl made it very clear when he took over that there would be no new factions added until the Klingons were fixed. Whereas Zinc just wanted to add as much unfinished crap to the game as possible, Stahl understands that the stuff that is in the game needs to be working better first.

As for there being no new content in season 3, I'd say it's way too early to say exactly what they will do with it.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Originally posted by Dinendae

Actually most that washed their hands of the game went straight to "Don't want it" around the time the comment was made, if not sooner.

Most of the industry "just dont get it" when it comes to making MMORPG's they make more flops these days than succesful long term games, I guess it has to do with them sucking up to investor's and shareholders telling them to make mediocore garbage that keeps being hashed out onto the market as "the next big thing" or the "WOW killer' when every one of them have been a joke including STO, and have a good feeling that TOR will succumb to embarassment and shame when the shills and fanatic fanbois that will disapointed with their "savior with STORY".

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

As for those worried about not having a new faction to play with in season 3, Stahl made it very clear when he took over that there would be no new factions added until the Klingons were fixed. Whereas Zinc just wanted to add as much unfinished crap to the game as possible, Stahl understands that the stuff that is in the game needs to be working better first.

As for there being no new content in season 3, I'd say it's way too early to say exactly what they will do with it.

ummm... did you read the direct quote from stormshade (cryptic employee)

This is not a rumor. Season 3 is going to consist of mostly polish and bug fixes for the STO that already exists.

....... yeah obviously this means theres going to be a MASSIVE amount of content, ROFL

you are right though at least stahl seems to understand they have to fix what is there first before adding more, problem is there isnt enough there even if it is fixed. sto needed a minimum of 1 more year developement with a full staff, and as cryptic is now working on there next mmo, they dont even have that.

i agree that stahl is moving in the right direction, its unfortunate that way too late went over the horizon behind them a while ago.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

This is not a rumor. Season 3 is going to consist of mostly polish and bug fixes for the STO that already exists.

....... yeah obviously this means theres going to be a MASSIVE amount of content, ROFL

you are right though at least stahl seems to understand they have to fix what is there first before adding more, problem is there isnt enough there even if it is fixed. sto needed a minimum of 1 more year developement with a full staff, and as cryptic is now working on there next mmo, they dont even have that.

i agree that stahl is moving in the right direction, its unfortunate that way too late went over the horizon behind them a while ago.

I did read the quote. He says that season 3 will be MOSTLY polish and bug fixes. Fine. Your OP then goes on to say that this means there will be NO new content until after season 3: "ROFL!!!! oh by the way guys... were not adding any new content to our content empty game for at least a few more months." Who missread?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

I did read the quote. He says that season 3 will be MOSTLY polish and bug fixes. Fine. Your OP then goes on to say that this means there will be NO new content until after season 3: "ROFL!!!! oh by the way guys... were not adding any new content to our content empty game for at least a few more months." Who missread?

Supposedly the UGC is going to be in season 3. I wouldn't hold my breath though , I doubt it'll be anything more then a rudimentary basic design with little ability. The standard line will come that " We're working on improving and fixing it " .  LMOA , I can hear the fanboi's now.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by splad

LOL!  I pmsl at this...  because I can just imagine seing it in the store... "NEW - Bug fixes, special offer £9.99"

As for the whole 'no new faction yet' thing.. well this is space!  Space is big.. and star-trek is big, huge.. at this rate its not going to resemble anything like Star-trek for another few years yet.

I try to imagine what would have happened if CCP decided to take this approach, do Gallente and Caldari, add the other races later.. hehe.

MMO's need quantity over quality (WoW proves that) because..well.. they are supposed to be 'massive' that IS why you pay for them monthly.

• kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 304

Originally posted by sadeyx

Originally posted by splad

LOL!  I pmsl at this...  because I can just imagine seing it in the store... "NEW - Bug fixes, special offer £9.99"

As for the whole 'no new faction yet' thing.. well this is space!  Space is big.. and star-trek is big, huge.. at this rate its not going to resemble anything like Star-trek for another few years yet.

I try to imagine what would have happened if CCP decided to take this approach, do Gallente and Caldari, add the other races later.. hehe.

MMO's need quantity over quality (WoW proves that) because..well.. they are supposed to be 'massive' that IS why you pay for them monthly.

Please tell me you are really drunk while posting this?

90% of haters are begging for love. 10% just want a little attention -- Paulo Coelho

Originally posted by kaltoum

haha, I knew i'd get flamed for saying that.

But if you consider all things, you know its true.   AoC had lots of quality, but was thin on quantity.. so it failed.  Same with CO, well CO had no quality or quantity xD

When Wow came out it had tons and tons and tons of content, but the skimped on the quality, ...  what you have to remember though is that the quality of WoW was added LATER!.. not first.  And thats all im saying about STO.. its a space game, it NEEDS quantity...  same goes with eve, when it was released 7 years ago, very little quality.. very little, but it WAS a galaxy in all its hugness.

So yea, MMO's DO need quality.. but to begin with people need content quantity.

ok your right. but considering the cryptic "love patch" for klingons was 8 missions (think it was 8 or was it 6?) im guessing no content is going to be very very close to the truth of the mattter, if not bang on.

But if you consider all things, you know its true.   AoC had lots of quality, but was thin on quantity.. so it failed.  Same with CO, well CO had no quality or quantity xD

When Wow came out it had tons and tons and tons of content, but the skimped on the quality, ...  what you have to remember though is that the quality of WoW was added LATER!.. not first.  And thats all im saying about STO.. its a space game, it NEEDS quantity...  same goes with eve, when it was released 7 years ago, very little quality.. very little, but it WAS a galaxy in all its hugness.

what do you mean... theres tons of quantity.. just go to the c-store!

you can dress your toon up so many different ways... i mean really what else could you want?

and imo your right, a game absolutely has to have quantity first. quality is needed too but can be worked on.

wonder which one sto will try to do first?

what do you mean... theres tons of quantity.. just go to the c-store!

you can dress your toon up so many different ways... i mean really what else could you want?

and imo your right, a game absolutely has to have quantity first. quality is needed too but can be worked on.

wonder which one sto will try to do first?

Well, when they say 'wont add a new faction until klingons are fleshed out'  I take that to mean they are working on quality.

Personally I'd rather have 5 factions 'not fleshed out' than 2 factions that are polished.  Because as nice as polished content is.. it still takes the same amount of time to consume as 'un-polished' content...   so at least if there were loads of factions you would have plenty to dabble around with while they add the polish.

The OP does not say there will be NO new content.  It states that there will be very little of it, which is accurate.   They really are not adding much content to their content lite game in the near future.  The fans will via UGC and perhaps klingons might get another 8 episodes in season 4.  We shall see though eh?

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Hmmm... I was under the impression they were going to do weekly episodes, leading me to believe they'd be putting out maybe an hour a week.  Did I misinterpret this or were they just pulling stuff out of their butt, again?

PS:  I pretty much did everything worth doing in Season 2 during my free weekend.  Got halfway up the new level cap.  Don't have much doubt I coulda capped had I wanted to grind exploration missions.

To be fair, there were notable improvements to the game.  Anomalies now have a minigame that gives you more resources if you succeed.  Unfortunately, they built the crafting tier point system with the idea that this was always in place.  If you're a 1st month(then quit) vet that picked up every single anomaly everywhere you went, you still have nowhere near enough to get even halfway through the 1st tier in crafting.

Quarantine was a good mission.

Exploration missions have improved.  A bit more of a variety of situations.

But in the end, when you've completed the episodes and all that's left are STF's, exploration missions, D'abo, etc., there's just not enough reason to remain subbed.  Especially with the ground game being annoying as ever...

Well, when they say 'wont add a new faction until klingons are fleshed out'  I take that to mean they are working on quality.

Personally I'd rather have 5 factions 'not fleshed out' than 2 factions that are polished.  Because as nice as polished content is.. it still takes the same amount of time to consume as 'un-polished' content...   so at least if there were loads of factions you would have plenty to dabble around with while they add the polish.

well i see your point, but with cryptic i dont think this theory applies, 3 new factions with 10 or less pve missions isnt actually a faction, its something they can put in press release as a selling point.

besides i think even cryptic would be hard pressed on selling ferengi as a pvp only faction, not that they wouldnt try too.

if they had enough generic/factionless content to lvl to max... then maybe, but they cant even say that about klingons yet... so sadly id say in this case more factions is actually a horrible idea. 

then again launching a game at least a year before it was ready was a horrible idea... that didnt stop cryptic.