Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve online, NEEDS CONTENT UPDATES

ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Eve online is one of my favorite MMO's out there, its unique, its hard, its player based, and its kickass.  But it seems to  lack players because of its hard design and In my opinion LACK OF CONTENT UPDATES. Now most people would say, the game just sucks and is mad hard, but as a player who truly enjoys the game, and isnt that smart i disagree.  Idk what the reason is behind CCP not listening to thier own community but there obviously going to lose players if they keep this up.

Played-Everything
Playing-LoL

Comments

• ChoadSauceChoadSauce Member Posts: 91

the point of a Sandbox is for the players to make their own content, they just provide the tools to do so.

aside from that point, check out incarna....im guessing it should bring in more players and maybe "gasp" even some female players.

_The Sauce Man

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Um.. I don't get what you're complaining about really.  CCP releases plenty of free expansions which do add more content and features.  I realize the drama lately with the CSM meeting has people up in arms, but if you're just complaining about them putting it on hold for the next year, then you're barking up the wrong tree.  That has already been argued to hell and back.

If you're just saying that CCP never adds content to their game, then you couldn't be more wrong.  They have never charged for a single bit of content, and previous expansions added quite a good chunk of content to the game each time.  Let's not ignore the general improvements either such as the COMPLETE graphics overhaul they've performed over the past few expansions.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Ive always thought that CCP did an excellent job of adding content to the game.  I mean, they just released Tyrannis which was a major leap in the game

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Doesn't CCP release 2 free major expansions per year?

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by EricDanie

Yes, the last one was Tyrannis and had Planetary Interaction and the next one is going to be Incarna and will have Walking on Stations. The OP doeswn't know what he's talking about.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Also, it doesn't seem to lack any players period.  330k subscribers with over 60k online on a single server is not lacking.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Both of you make solid points, and i think i came out too unclear with what i said.   I understand the free content updates, enough players to make the game fun yes, but on a large scale vs. Other MMO's it is rather small.   The expansions are always free and supply new content but some dont hit the nail on head.  I personally think tyrannis was a huge waste, im never even gonna bother with Planetary interaction until i can blow them up, and maybe CCP just isnt supplying enough content for all the roles people can choose in this giant world of Eve.  i used to be in the miltia, and get together with my friends whenever i could to go do a little roam see who we can kill, but what about in the mean time , its not like were always on, and no one in our militia ever makes a fleet? im not gonna stand around doing nothing in station or attempt to go solo pvp in our belt while theres giant amarr fleets going around.  Our militia's to lazy to do anything about it so maybe some more solo content to do in the mean time would be something nice, i think everyone else in the militia might agree.   CCP looks at there giant sandbox MMO and adds new things to it,  but not as much improving mechanics or adding new things to do for players who are in situations like mine where yes the players have the tools, but some are lazy and ruin the experience for others. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Planetary Interaction? What's that?

Wormholes? What are those?

Lvl 5 Missions? Where the hell did those come from?

T3 Ships? WTF?!?

PLEX? huh? I'm confused.

INCARNA? WTF could that be?

And that's just since 2007, bud. I'm also probably forgetting quite a few things that I don't really care about, I'm sure that list could go on for 20 more items at least. You know what WoW accomplished in 3yrs with a much bigger team and a much bigger budget? WoTLK. It added a whole 5 dungeons and 2 Raids and a very small continent. They have had quite a few things come out after WoTLK was released, but it still took them about 3yrs to do WoTLK. 

You're QQing about something EVE probably does better than any other MMO ever released since the 80's MUDS.  EVE has come a long long way in the last 5.5yrs since I started. When I had a forced 2yr break between 2007 and 2009, I had to learn the game almost all over again. Just about everything had changed. 

I mean c'mon man. You really don't have any ground to stand on in this thread. 

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

If you only do one thing in Eve and never dabble in another feature it could seem content light.

Sticking with FW exclusively only doing FW missions and roaming low sec pvp could get boring if you do nothing else.

You can't expect a game with over ten major features to expand on each one all the time.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

This thread is terrible.

Also, Eve does not need more Content. It needs existing content that nobody uses to be made worthwhile.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

Originally posted by Rockgod99

If you only do one thing in Eve and never dabble in another feature it could seem content light.

Sticking with FW exclusively only doing FW missions and roaming low sec pvp could get boring if you do nothing else.

You can't expect a game with over ten major features to expand on each one all the time.

hmm no but this thread does bring up an interesting point... why is it that each expansion focuses on one feature or niche? Maybe we'll see some change after incarna, but i gotta agree with the op on PI, it added nothing to the game for people uninterested in industry. This is also the reason i believe that so many people think apocrypha was the best expansion to date, because it added something for just about everybody. After Incarna, it would be really nice if they added content in expansions that didnt exclude so many other people.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

Originally posted by batolemaeus

This thread is terrible.

Also, Eve does not need more Content. It needs existing content that nobody uses to be made worthwhile.

I always have an issue with your posts since you only consider null sec players worthwhile (which is like 15% of the pop lol).

So when you say nobody uses certain features/content are we speaking of leet null vets bro? I struggle to even think of one that isn't being used right now.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

i had to check the OP post date twice because look like a necro thread lol

OP EvE need lag fix and if u want to talk about content we can talk about polish and fix old content

BestSigEver :P

Originally posted by tvalentine

hmm no but this thread does bring up an interesting point... why is it that each expansion focuses on one feature or niche? Maybe we'll see some change after incarna, but i gotta agree with the op on PI, it added nothing to the game for people uninterested in industry. This is also the reason i believe that so many people think apocrypha was the best expansion to date, because it added something for just about everybody. After Incarna, it would be really nice if they added content in expansions that didnt exclude so many other people.

You gotta be kidding me, man. 

How many games out there release expansions/content updates as much as EVE? Name 2, besides EQ1 in it's later years. Add to that, the relatively small CCP dev team over the past few years (though it's grown recently). Not to mention, it's much easier to go in one direction, get 90% of it knocked out and move on. If you want proof on that? See Fallen Earth, cause it's a great example of lack of direction. 

When EVE was launched, it didn't even really have NPCs. Remember that. I wasn't there persay, but the only reason I wasn't there is because at the time a 128mb video card was a massive piece of equipment. I did come from another game (browser) where the player based almost completely moved to EVE. 

That's what CCP does. They constantly add shit to the game and rarely return to an old feature to add to it.

We either get used to that way of development or leave.

In ten years time Eve will have 50 features, two mmos attached to it and we still wont have any updates to FW or Wormholes in that time lol.

That's how CCP rolls.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

wow defensive much guys? I just said it would be "nice" if the expansions added something for a greater number of people then just a portion of the community. That doesn't mean i dislike free expansions .... i like free stuff image

And can CCP still be considered small? They have hundreds of employees now, more then any new company getting into the industry.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

And can CCP still be considered small? They have hundreds of employees now, more then any new company getting into the industry.

This was pretty recent. They are still "small" but I don't think they can really be put on the same level as a small Indy company. I guess they have upgraded from Small indy, to Large Indy. lol

wow defensive much guys? I just said it would be "nice" if the expansions added something for a greater number of people then just a portion of the community. That doesn't mean i dislike free expansions .... i like free stuff image

CCP has its own way of doing things. The people that bitch about the way CCP develops surprise me because they've been doing it like this since 03.

Keep adding new shit to Eve until its a true sci-fi simulation.

They rarely go back and improve something unless its graphics (to make the client current).

I was actually shocked that CCP went back and revamped Sov (which turned out to be a mistake btw and it obviously wasn't like them).

I always have an issue with your posts since you only consider null sec players worthwhile (which is like 15% of the pop lol).

I always have an issue with your posts because you come of as an incredibly dense person reading into my posts whatever you want to read.

Also, confirming that Cosmos, Factional Warfare, PI, Mining and Epic Arcs are 0.0 activities.

I always have an issue with your posts because you come of as an incredibly dense person reading into my posts whatever you want to read.

Also, confirming that Cosmos, Factional Warfare, PI, Mining and Epic Arcs are 0.0 activities.

Can you blame me for considering you an Null sec elitist douche? Should I link you your own "mission runners arent real Eve players" post to back up my assessment of you?

Atleast we can agree on Cosmos and mining sucking ass everything else is fine imo.

Mission runners aren't Eve players. More like automatons.
    If they were human, they wouldn't be playing PvE in Eve, they'd be in a game that does PvE well. PvE in Eve is absolutely atrocious. A bare necessity to grind up some cash. CCP's attempt at changing that got abandoned after Sleepers brought in some variety in favour of something else. So the chances of CCP iterating on PvE are probably even worse than the chances of them correcting the mistakes done with the last two expansions.

Mission runners aren't Eve players. More like automatons.

Can you blame me for giving you shit on these forums?

What an assholish comment.

Edit: CCP is adding in an all New fleet pve feature. its one of the few features/content they are working on outside incarna/dust and fleet stability.

I will stop calling them automatons when a simple macro won't do their job without anyone noticing the difference.

Back when Sleepers were first introduced, there was genuine hope that PvE would change for the better throughout Eve with diverse tactics viable for players and used by Npc. Then CCP moved on to something else.

I will stop calling them automatons when a simple macro won't do their job without anyone noticing the difference.

Back when Sleepers were first introduced, there was genuine hope that PvE would change for the better throughout Eve with diverse tactics viable for players and used by Npc. Then CCP moved on to something else.

Dude i've been pushing for sleeper Ai to be incorporated in all pve in Eve on the forums since Apoc!

Hopefully this new pve feature will bring new challenging gameplay to Eve.

I just think its messed up to label all Pvers that way.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by EricDanie

For very kind values of "major".

Give me liberty or give me lasers