Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

reactivating old account

triprunnertriprunner Member Posts: 169

stopped playing EO about 2 years ago but want to come back. my old char had 20 mill skill points and was pretty badass with his fully kitted Drake... is it possible to get him back? do i contact support and petition CCP about it?

i've tried logging in with my old nick and password, will not recognize saying i've either had no correct pass/login or acc was banned/deleted...

to petition CCP i have to log in with some new nick/pass (as the old one doesnt work), wont it confuse them into thinking i maybe want to pinch someone elses acc details?

Comments

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Just file a petition over the website. You can do it with only an email address.
    However, you should be able to log into account management with your login credentials. If you can't, see above.

• triprunnertriprunner Member Posts: 169

yup, tried that, and fail...

CCP cs sends me a reset temp pass with my login, but then asks for a name of at least one of the chars on the acc. i click it in and... nada, screen reverts to the beginning login window.

one of my mates who recently returned to EVE after pretty much the same hiatus, contacted a real person from the CS (MG or something) and he physically found his old account and brought it back from the nether regions of the black hole...

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

You cannot log in into website,account management, forums or wherever with inactive account.

I believe that petition is the only way to re-activate.

• dirtyhippy1dirtyhippy1 Member Posts: 45

If you cant log in, and your char name doesnt work...then you acct was hacked or you sold the char.

that or you got banned for doing something stupid.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

hah,

you think thats difficult?  Just tried to log into my NCSoft account and it was permenatly disabled.  They said I had to provide the last 4 digits of the credit card I used 5 years ago when I first bought CoH,  They also wanted photographic evidence of my receipts AND the Product Keys I used for each product.

CCP's CS is a dream compared to most.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Originally posted by Gdemami
    You cannot log in into website,account management, forums or wherever with inactive account.

Err, of course you can log into account management with an inactive account. Would be pretty..counter productive to disallow that.
    However, if he doesn't remember his credentials, there's the petition feature, as I wrote.

• BluefixBluefix Member Posts: 166

Just to be sure this is where you log in: https://secure.eveonline.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fAccountManMenu.aspx

I know many people try to log in their character instead, which is not possible.

• triprunnertriprunner Member Posts: 169

contacted CCp through lost account/nickname petition and finally a real life GM answered with a bunch of questions about my late account. i answered best i could and we'll see what happens.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Is there any way to change the UI font size? I simply cna't play with this tiny ass text.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

I'm having the same problem, I was trying to log in to an old account and got a weird response of, "You are trying to log in from an unusual location..". Um. What? I'm logging in from home, where I've always logged in. Anyway, it said to enter a character name on the account, but I can't remember what the name was, so couldn't log in. Sent a petition off about 9 hours ago but no reply yet.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Same issue here as well, just tried to hop back into Eve today and it's saying I am at a unusual location(I have moved recently since I last was subscribed). Sent off a petition and no reply as of yet(about 10 hours ago or so), this is kind of rediculous..

I know my characters name(had two on this account) and neither will work keeps saying they are incorrect.

*edit*

Actually I just fixed it :), I hit the "forgot password" link and had it reset at my e-mail address, then tried logging in with the new password again. It asked for a character name and tried this again, and it finally let me login. No clue why, but maybe you guys should give this a shot.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by triprunner

contacted CCp through lost account/nickname petition and finally a real life GM answered with a bunch of questions about my late account. i answered best i could and we'll see what happens.

Good luck mate

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by helthros

Is there any way to change the UI font size? I simply cna't play with this tiny ass text.

Yes. Press ESC and hunt about in the general settings tab. You can change the font from the default 10 point to 11 or 12 IIRC. It's not much but it helps.

CCP have said that they're working on a new font, but tbh they say things like that a lot.

Give me liberty or give me lasers