Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soraka's balance

Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

Hiemer - Soraka - Shen - Shaco.

Shen or taric actually

Are always banned. I like how they changed Hiemer abit and nerfed soraka a little. Still, having a straight up healing champion is really really powerful. I think the only way to truely counter soraka is to simply have another champion who's main focus is healing. Instead of balancing her heals they should just make more healers...

My experience with soraka is she will always win with a team that plays very well. If she is played smart, runed and spec'd correctly. So how do you counter someone who resotres Hp , Mana AND can silence. make two of them. or even 3 or 4. Having two on one team would be easily out dps'd.

Comments

• GallienteGalliente Member Posts: 44

If you don't counter Soraka, she will outheal you. Great surprise. It's what she does.

So counter her. Nerfing Cleanse was a rather substantial nerf to her because Executioner's Calling can't be removed anymore and neither can Katarina's debuff. So instead of throwing your arms up in the air, play against Soraka with an ounce of wisdom - play Katarina or a similar champion with healing debuffs. Build Exe. It's a very circumstantial item, but if a Soraka team is rolling you, I dare say that's the circumstance.

If you're facing mage heavy teams, you'll build Banshee or the like to counter. If you face heavy physical team, you'll build some armour to aid you. I am then fully baffled how people do absolutely nothign of the sort to counter healing and complain it's overpowered. Of course it is. It's like facing Veigar with 0 magic resist. Have fun.

• AthcearAthcear Member Posts: 420

I play Soraka a lot, and thus have a good sense of her strengths and weaknesses.  The number one thing that makes Ms. Healbot suck... is if the Tryndamere she's paired with is an idiot.  Other than that... you can kill her the same as anyone else.  She may change how your team will play to defeat her, but she's hardly unbeatable.  Especially with a stupid Tryn...

Important facts:
    1. Free to Play games are poorly made.
    2. Casuals are not all idiots, but idiots call themselves casuals.
    3. Great solo and group content are not mutually exclusive, but they suffer when one is shoved into the mold of the other. The same is true of PvP and PvE.
    4. Community is more important than you think.