Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dawntide

HarryhoodHarryhood Member UncommonPosts: 10

Its in open beta now.  Why isn't this game listed at all on mmorpg.com?  From reading the forums it seems like it has potential.

Comments

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

Try the beta then say it deserves a forum, it is the most laughable attempt at a PC game ever. It even still has auto attack like WOW and other fail EQ clones.

• HarryhoodHarryhood Member UncommonPosts: 10

WoW is a failed EQ clone?  I hate WoW, I'm looking for a good open world pvp mmo and every game out there sucks right now.

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487

Originally posted by FreedomBlade

Try the beta then say it deserves a forum, it is the most laughable attempt at a PC game ever. It even still has auto attack like WOW and other fail EQ clones.

95% of al mmorpg's have auto attack...

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by FreedomBlade

In fairness to it, it's in a better state than some other recent open beta MMOs listed on this website. Penalising it for having autoattack would pretty much disqualify every other MMO listed on this site as well.

To the OP: to be listed on MMORPG.com, I think the game devs have to submit a certain amount of info to the site before it's considered being listed, which I'm assuming the Dawntide team haven't done yet.

• mmo22mmo22 Member Posts: 47

I gave this game a solid effort about 6 months ago and again last week.  This is a horrible game, it is so incredibly slow-paced even by most sandbox standards.  It lacks any ounce of content and is buggy as all hell.  Save yourself the time and download, there are far better choices for medieval sandbox than this POS.

Sorry Devs, but you are about five years too late to be selling us this rubbish.

• elm33elm33 Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by mmo22

I gave this game a solid effort about 6 months ago and again last week.  This is a horrible game, it is so incredibly slow-paced even by most sandbox standards.  It lacks any ounce of content and is buggy as all hell.  Save yourself the time and download, there are far better choices for medieval sandbox than this POS.

Sorry Devs, but you are about five years too late to be selling us this rubbish.

I must concur. I played with it a month or two ago. I realize its in "beta" but I would say that what I witnessed was closer to a pre-alpha. My friend also tried the game along with me at the same time, on his alienware 8core (dualquadcore) i7-975 extremes with 4 gtx 295's. He was only able to get 60 FPS with that setup, and it certainly is not a result of the graphics as they are woefully 1999'ish. 

I will say this.. I have played a slew of betas and as far as they go, we did have a great time laughing at this one. jumping up the side of 90 degree (totally vertical) cliffs was hilarious as was walking across the bottom of the lake along with foxes and other dogs. Jumping also proved entertaining as some times you would just kinda float.  Once we had fallen through the world though it was difficult to get back to the landscape.

All in all this game reminds me of other similar efforts, for example for those of you that remember Irth Online, this is worse. For those of you that have played Craft of Gods, this is really worse than that, and that game is rough. 

No amount of fixing can save this game imho, the developers just need to scrap their code and start completely over.