Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve Online

DracoDiCerDracoDiCer Member Posts: 1

Anyone here play eve online?

If not and your interested it is a space flight mmo 

check out the videos on youtube

I am tryin to get some more people to come join my corp "The Warriors of the Gods" 

AKA ZUES

[Mod Edit]

If you want to try it out send me your email and ill send you a 21 trial instead of the 14 dayAnyone here play eve online?

check it out by going here

[url=http://www.eveonline.com/tyrannis/]EVE Online | Tyrannis[/url]

I am tryin to get some more people to come join my corp "The Warriors of the Gods" 

AKA ZUES

If you want to try it out send me your email and ill send you a 21 trial instead of the 14 dayAnyone here play eve online?

check it out by going here

[url=http://www.eveonline.com/tyrannis/]EVE Online | Tyrannis[/url]

AKA ZUES

If you want to try it out send me your email and ill send you a 21 trial instead of the 14 day

Comments

• twstdstrangetwstdstrange Member Posts: 474

I've been wanting to try it, but I've never been able to see myself getting into the whole spaceship thing. I like to see a humanoid representation of myself or I don't feel as involved... But I have heard good things about it, particularly it's sandboxy feel which intrigues me.

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

Eve is designed to get you to buy multiple accounts.
    Having more than one account is the only way around all the boring down time.
    And it's the only way to have an alt.

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

• sultharsulthar Member Posts: 298

Originally posted by uquipu

You can have more than one character on same account in Eve but as all other MMOs u cant log them at the same time ... nothing out of the ordinary.

About boring downtime ... its only what you do with your time that defines your downtimes.., its a sandbox, if you wait for your instance to pop up, you wont ever play because there is no instances.

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,976

there's always the option of, you know, playing with other people which is amazingly similar to playing multiple characters, except maybe the conversation is better. :)

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

And yet, most players don't have them.

But somehow, most players don't have them.

And even more suprising, I have 2 alts on each of my accounts. (yes, I have them).

I'm not going to lie, having more than one account is definitiely a convenience, and in some cases, an advantage. All I can say is, what's wrong with that? 

I will say you can only use mulitple accounts in certain situations (usually involving PVE activities such as mining and mission running) though they do play a key role for spying and cyno field generation on the PVP side

As for the question of alt, totally off base actually.  As your character can do any skill, there really is no major reason for an alt. 

I do have a several market alts (skills totally specialized for market trading) and a scanning alt in which I diverted a small portion of my training time to skill up and place in strategic stations/locations.

What you are trying to say is that you can't train both alts for different roles at the same time, which is both true and a misnomer, as its really no different than any other MMORPG in this regard.

You cannot advance your character in any other game unless you actively play it (rested exp not withstanding).  In EVE, you are always free to train one character for a period of time, (say a week) and then train another for a 2nd week if you so desire. (some folks actually do this) an alternate.

Yes, it lengthens your training time for both characters, but you certainly can do it if you like.  (but again, why bother, train one character in both skills and you've accomplished the same thing)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

uquipu, your relentless vigilance and tireless efforts to express your disdain for the game (and a good bit of misinformation) into every possible EVE thread on MMORPG.com is fascinating. Keep up the good work, sir!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by sulthar

You can have more than one character on same account in Eve but as all other MMOs u cant log them at the same time ... nothing out of the ordinary.

Nobody cares that you can't log them in at the same time. What's important is that you can't TRAIN them at the same time, meaning that if you want a second meaningful character (meaning one that can get training without gimping your first character) you'll need a second account.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Originally posted by ChrisMattern

Originally posted by sulthar

Nobody cares that you can't log them in at the same time. What's important is that you can't TRAIN them at the same time, meaning that if you want a second meaningful character (meaning one that can get training without gimping your first character) you'll need a second account.

You sure as hell can log in them at the same time, if they are on separate accounts. 

I used to mine and the only way I could stand it was running 2 miners and  a hauler all at the same time. (That's 3 at the same time for the math disabled)

When people are talking about Alts in EVE, they usually are talking about owning multiple accounts. Like Chris said, you can only train 1 character per account at a time, making Alts on the same account are all but worthless, except to have positioned strategically through out the galaxy for such things as being in the center of the market when your main character doesn't live there. Other than that, you could just train your main character to do what you need it to do, there are no restrictions on what your character can do in the game.

Want to PVP? Train to PVP. Want to Mine? Train to mine.  Want to PVE? Train to PVE. As well as all the other things that go along with it. Having another character on the same account training to specialize in each one, (or a certain ship or anything like that) is pretty much pointless, just do it with your main and add to his skill points because you have to stop his training to do it on the other character anyway.

There are other reasons to use an alt on the same account, but if you play EVE you already know them, and if you don't then you won't understand anyway. 

To the OP:

EVE is probably the most popular game on this site. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/category/141

There is also a sticky in the EVE forums about the 21 day free trials already. Everyone who plays has them and there are alot of people on this site who play.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3488830#3488830

(link to my post on the official thread)

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272

EVE trailers are always god tier!

Keep on rockin'!image