Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW-Formal Apology

It's rare to see a forum poster admit that he was wrong on an issue which he dabated about for months on these forums.

Hence here is my formal apology to all those I might have offended with my GW vs WOW posts.

You can find my posts on GW vs WOW in the GW discussion forum.

Up until I played the "open" WOW beta I was convinced I would never pay monthly fees for an MMORPG.

Man was I wrong. I have played several MMORPG's but never played one that worked so well and was so well made as World of Warcraft.

I have to hand it to Blizzard. I thought they would make horrible mistakes, they only made a few mistakes and the overall product is simply outstanding approaching amazing.

Apart from a few technical issues with the servers at launch, WOW is nearly perfect and incredibly fun and adictive.

People are complaining about the PVP, but so far, for an MMORPG the PVP concept in WOW is superior to any I've seen. The way it's optional but you don't have to complete silly quests or turn on a temporary PVP flag is outstanding.

There might be issues with the death penalty, but these are minor at worst and can be tweaked over time simply.

So I admit, this time, the blizzard fanbois were right.

Comments

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

I started playing in the first stress test just to check it out, and I was literally expecting absolutely nothing from this game. The screenshots looked unimpressive and the game seemed childish and as much as I enjoyed all of Blizzard's previous games, I didn't think a Warcraft MMO was a good idea.

I've been playing it every day since then, and I don't expect to stop any time within the next few years. Everything about this game is exceptional, and though the shaky launch is in no way a good thing, I think it's entirely understandable given the tremendous response it's receiving.