Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plans to Add New Servers?

HiHoEskimoHiHoEskimo Member UncommonPosts: 82

Has anyone heard if there are plans to add new servers?

I've just about figured out what I want for my main character and would like to start as a server just begins. I don't want to be to far behind in PvP!

Thanks!

Comments

• blazerothblazeroth Member Posts: 62

There are 75 at the moment. I think if you pick the recommended server, it will have a low population count. It could also have lots of people who are waiting to gank you. From what I can tell, you won't be "behind". I mean if it is a rush to make an uber person who is L60 ... well, I suppose if the alliance comes in with 40 L60 chars and lays waste to our beloved land, that could be serious. Hmm, I need to get off work and start leveling my Tauren hunter ;)

From www.worldofwarcraft.com:

With the release of World of Warcraft in North America, Australia, and New Zealand yesterday, we have already seen an incredible level of demand for the game. We launched with 41 servers in the U.S. yesterday, and we are bringing up an additional 34 servers today to accommodate the influx of players. Over 200,000 accounts were created in just a single day! Based on this, we can clearly tell that players are very excited about getting into the game, and as a result, we expect to see high concurrency on the servers for the first days that the game is available. As the rush to get onto the servers evens out and additional hardware is made available, the necessity for waiting queues will decrease.

Currently playing:
    City of Heroes
    World of Warcraft

Currently playing:
    World of Warcraft

• Lill-TrollLill-Troll Member Posts: 230
    I was under the impression they had a total of 88 servers

_______________________________________________________________________________
    "Flamers, beware! when you leave this earth, there is a very special place reserved for you down below with romantic bonefires scourching you bones!"

"I have no prejudices, I hate everyone equally regardless of race or religion"

"Been there, done that!"

_______________________________________________________________________________
    "Flamers, beware! when you leave this earth, there is a very special place reserved for you down below with romantic bonefires scourching you bones!"

"I have no prejudices, I hate everyone equally regardless of race or religion"

"Been there, done that!"