Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard and XBox Next?!?

Every once in a while I come by and browse the information dealing with Vanguard.  Today while looking at their FAQ (for the 100th Time) a thought crossed my mind...

Stick with me here...

Microsoft's XBox is still missing the most important genre of a great MMORPG
Microsoft bought Vanguard
Vanguard will ship in late 2005
Microsoft Next (XBox 2) will ship in late 2005
Vanguard says on their site that "...and already have the ability to play the game via an Xbox-style controller with a tiny keyboard attached to it (a TID)."

Next Vanguard says: "...Vanguard has been announced as a Windows game. We remain open to the idea of taking advantage of future architectures, but nothing is written in stone. Certainly, Vanguard would not run on the existing Xbox platform.  "

Keyword is "existing" here.  So they have been just playing around on company time trying to get the game to run on an XBox just for the fun of it?  On Microsoft's dime no less?

I believe that this game will be released on XBox Next *FIRST* , as a Flagship game, when they are both released in late 2005. 

Another 3 to 6 months after the XBox Next release they will release it for the PC.  Another 6 months after that they release it for the Mac.

Sounds strange now but I give this scenario a 60% chance of happening with what I know about Vanguard and Microsoft XBox.

Comments

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

I don't want a keyboard... I want Voice Recognition...

• MalianeaMalianea Member Posts: 314

Microsoft is publishing VSoH, they didnt buy it.

Malianea

• RammurRammur Member Posts: 575
    Actually from one of them xbox press conferense from e3 vanguard will be compatable with all the microsoft products supposed xbox xbox next and windows.Supposedly.

• jmd10222jmd10222 Member Posts: 427

Rumor has it that it will be on the next XBOX. I keep hearing from alot of different sites and in magazines that they will use this game to cut into the market sony has in console MMO's., but only time will tell

• AraduneAradune Sigil Games CEOMember RarePosts: 294
    All I can say right now is that our focus is on Vanguard for the PC -- what might occur in the future, who knows?

--

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad McQuaid
    CCO, Visionary Realms, Inc.
    www.pantheonmmo.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------

• aeric67aeric67 Member UncommonPosts: 798

Releasing on XBOX NEXT first would destroy Vanguard's rapport with the primary MMOG market in the US and Europe... PC Users. Besides, there's no reason they need to do that with XNA. The whole idea is simultaneous development using a common API.

• StaunchStaunch Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by Aradune
    All I can say right now is that our focus is on Vanguard for the PC -- what might occur in the future, who knows?

What Aradune said.

Xbox 360 is a viable option IMO.  Considering many people do not want to play on a mmorpg on a PC thats not top of the line.  Even though pc components constantly get cheaper as upgrades come out.  Not all people can either afford them still or know how to replace them.  360 would be a good idea as a secondary release due to it being more affordable even though doubtful it will be cheap. It would however give them the ability to play the game with high detail.

Of course having to have an xbox live subscription as well would probably hinder the xobx Vanguard subscription base. If all they have xbox live for is to play Vanguard that would mean they unfortunately would have to pay well above PC subscribers.

• BoldgrimBoldgrim Member UncommonPosts: 69

Well it is confirmed, as much as it can be anyway.  Turn to page 27 of this month Offical XBox Magazine and it says that Vanguard will be making its way to XBox 2 (or Xbox 360 or Xenon).

I for one will be playing this one on my console rather than PC ...

• GrestehGresteh Member Posts: 146

i dont belive that Vanguard will be for Xbox. If that were true im sure that the first place to announce this would be the vanguard page, and there aren't any news about this in the main page or in the forums.

And less than a month ago, Brad answered in this topic that there are no plans at this moment to port the game to the Xbox.

Of course, is not impossible, just unlikely.

• EtericEteric Member UncommonPosts: 38

You. :P

• GrestehGresteh Member Posts: 146

Posted by Ozuri one of Sigil Devs in Vanguard forums:

This is certainly premature. I don't have a copy of that magazine in hand, so this may be me responding prematurely to something premature, however..

We have not ruled out having Vanguard: Saga of Heroes as available on the next-generation Xbox. That being said, the decision has not been made. There are timing and technical considerations that must be evaluated.

Not only has it not been announced what the shape of our plans will be, but it has yet to be decided.

Sorry I can't offer further clarification except to say, if this article exists, it is not anything more than speculation.

link

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Well, let s put it this way......Microsoft already decided, but Sigil don't know anything yet image

• ironman5690ironman5690 Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by TaskyZZ

I don't want a keyboard... I want Voice Recognition...

I agree, typing on a micro-keyboard on a controller is gointa suck.  But never the less, i cant wait for a Xbox MMORPG, so i hope Vanguard will be good.

imagebut when will Vanguard come out?

Most probably next year, around June 2006.
    Still way to go ::::21::

image grrrrrrrrrrr..... i cant w8 that long!!!!!!!!!!!!image it looks like such a great game!

image                imageimage        image          image       image     imageimageimage            image           image         imageimage        image
                    image       image  image  image       imageimage   image         image                 image  image  image       image       image     image
    image            image            imageimageimage      image   imageimage         image                   imageimageimage             imageimage        image
    image               imageimage    image      image     image       image         image                    image  image         image        image   
                                                                                                                           imageimage        image

Mhhhhh..............ok, we got the point ::::39::

• AelrazAelraz Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Quit spamming and go buy yourself a MMORPG...I suggest EQ
  • anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by Aelraz
    Quit spamming and go buy yourself a MMORPG...I suggest EQ

EQ?? He was only spamming he didnt kill anybody!! JK <3 EQ =)

• zarrozarro Member Posts: 3

I definetly think VSoH should be for Xbox360. I mean in OXM they already said it was going to be for 360. But that is in the near future I think. It is also a good idea because you don't have to keep on upgrading your computer with $$. Xbox 360 has all that and has componets that are not even released yet. And Live is only 5$ a month so probably it would just 10 more $ to the price. So overall VSoH should be for both 360 and PC. Well this is my opinion but I am positivley sure VSoH will be for Xbox360.::::28::