Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GAME OF THE YEAR

2»

Comments

• Loco-vedaLoco-veda Member Posts: 117
    tha game i had the most fun with is ffxi and HL2 is fun but i got bored of that after like 2 hours ffxi i can play for like 8 hours stright more time consuming and fun i think =D

• diegofrgcdiegofrgc Member Posts: 451

PC Game of The Year: Half-Life 2 / Rome Total War
    XBOX: Halo 2/Ninja Gaiden
    PS2: GTA San Andreas (its great.....but i think Vice City is the best ::::24:: )
    GC: Metroid Prime 2????
    DS: Mario 64 DS???/ Metroid???
    GBA: pfff.....100% crap

• kdziubakdziuba Member Posts: 14

authoritatively Half - Life II and WoW ! ::::02::

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

HL2 ::::08::

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     World of Warcraft.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by rathma

World of Warcraft.

What!!!  WoW suxxor!  You suxxor!  EQ2 rulz!  It's better! You suuuuuckkkkk!

And...of course I am kidding.  I just figured that hey, what the hell, I might as well "flame" you as play before you get some ass happy hardcore flaming going on. image

But I just have to put in that I don't think that an mmorpg should ever win best game of the year.  The whole point of non-mmogs are to reach an ending and to beat the game.  The implementation of the journey to that ending makes it the best/worse game. image

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Originally posted by dekron

But I just have to put in that I don't think that an mmorpg should ever win best game of the year.  The whole point of non-mmogs are to reach an ending and to beat the game.  The implementation of the journey to that ending makes it the best/worse game. image

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

Agreed.

MMORPG's are really not that good of games.

They are time wasters. The fun factor of single player games I believe is 100X more of that of MMORPG's. (I'm sure that'll change when something really fun and innovative comes along, but until then...)

MMORPG's are like watered down coke. You can get 4x the amount of fluid that tastes similar to coke. But its 1/4 of the flavor.

Weird analogy. But you get the jest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979