Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

System Requirements?

mainvein33mainvein33 Member Posts: 406

So with the actual requirements up how many of yah think you can run it? I am tempted to say its kinda like Age of conan in this respect.

http://www.ffxivcore.com/mediawiki/images/5/5c/Min_system_req.jpg

Comments

• abyss404abyss404 Member UncommonPosts: 68

You mean how the system requirements are the complete opposite of AoC? In that nearly anyone should be able to run this game?

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

I dont think most players will have a problem with the Minimum requirements u listed but the recommend ones r something different. I dont know how much of an impact will it have if u only meet the minimum requirements but would guess that u wont be able to experience the full beauty of the game if u dont meet the recommend settings.

OS Windows® 7 32-bit/64-bit*

CPU Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66GHz or higher

# AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

RAM 4GB or more

HDD/SDD Installation: 15GB of free space

Download: 6GB of free space on the drive containing "My Documents"

Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460 or better with VRAM 768MB or more

# ATI HD 5830 1GB or better.

Sound Card DirectSound® compatible sound card (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)

Internet Connection Broadband or better (always-on)

Resolution 1280x720 (32-bit) or higher

DirectX® DirectX® 9.0c

Others Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad

(Got the info from a different post from Kraiser here is the link he gave http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/recom/jp/pc.html)

• mainvein33mainvein33 Member Posts: 406

Originally posted by abyss404

You mean how the system requirements are the complete opposite of AoC? In that nearly anyone should be able to run this game?

Thats not entirely true with min specs saw alont of bench scroes in the 1500-3000 range at best http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/benchmark/na/ with like a 6000-8000 being able to run it on high. the poster before me is right min specs can be got to with a few hundred bucks in upgrades on an old pc but suggested is just........ well a pain.

• OrtisaiOrtisai Member Posts: 162

I have a G51VX-RX05, dual core 2ghz processor, 4gb ram and a GTX 260M that scored a 1600 on high and 2000 on low and 2100 on full screen.

I am running the beta on medium settings with no issues.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Just bought a new PC.

• Windows 7 64Bit

• Intel Core i7 920 QC (2.66GHz, 8MB Cache)

• 6GB Triple Channel 1333Mhz DDR3

• ATI Radeon HD 5870, 1GB GDDR5

• 500GB - SATA-II 3Gb/s 7200RPM, 16MB Cache HDD

Definitely think I'll be able to run it at this point. :)

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Those requirements basically tell everyone with a laptop that they can go screw themselves. And, no, before anyone says that I should get a desktop for gaming, I shouldn't. Because I'm never home except to sleep.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Lets put it this way...I've already posted my new PC in this thread as I've been building it, and I'm still running the GTX 275, as I'm awaiting the release of the GTX 475 which is the final purchase to complete this build; hopefully before FFXIV launches...

On low/medium settings @1600*1200{windowed mode, so I can tab out}:

• Shadows ~ standard

• Ambient Occlusion ~ off

• Depth of Field ~ off

• Mulitsampling ~ x2

In-Game Settings:

• Character Shadows ~ on

• Dust Effects ~ on

• Physics ~ on

• Extended drawing ~ on

I get on average in town around 17-21fps, and out in the field 22-25 depending on how many other players are around, but I've seen it drop down to 11-13fps many times.  However, if I turn that Ambient Occlusion and Depth of Field on it drops to 1-2fps, and obviously become unplayable.  And do keep in mind that there has been signifigant improvements to FPS from the latest patch, and SE are still optimizing it, so these more than likely my FPS will become better, especially once I get a new GPU.  I also don't overclock anything...

So for a semi-high-end PC, of which I've spent just over $1000+ in this upgrade the past few months, FFXIV runs beautifully for the performance I'm getting.  And I'm eagerly awaiting how it'll play with a new GPU, which I'm sure will allow me to bump up my resolution too 1920*1200 and a few other settings.

On the Benchmark which is not a good judge "for now", I scored:

• High ~ 2861

• Low ~ 3873
  • OrtisaiOrtisai Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by mrcalhou

Those requirements basically tell everyone with a laptop that they can go screw themselves. And, no, before anyone says that I should get a desktop for gaming, I shouldn't. Because I'm never home except to sleep.

Look at my post. My specs are from a asus laptop. The beta works well and the I'm sure by release it will get better
  • ArmaniDemonArmaniDemon Member Posts: 133

Well look at you Mr. Entitlement... 

• IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381

Will it run "ok" (not best graphics) on a labtop with 8400gt, 2ghz duo, 4gb ddr2...

I haven't tried beta, so I can't tell.

From the minimum, i guess it will be hard... but im not sure? anyone with personal experiences....

• medmarijuanamedmarijuana Member Posts: 282

Originally posted by mainvein33

Thats not entirely true with min specs saw alont of bench scroes in the 1500-3000 range at best http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/benchmark/na/ with like a 6000-8000 being able to run it on high. the poster before me is right min specs can be got to with a few hundred bucks in upgrades on an old pc but suggested is just........ well a pain.

I dunno about all that....

I did that benchmark score and on high i got 2001 and on low i got 3500 or something to that effect

My specs:

AMD Quad Core Phenom 2 940  3.1 ghz processor (stock 3 ghz)

9800 gtx+ Nvidia Geforce

8 gb of ram on vista 64   bit OS

I got those low scores with my machine.... I doubt anyone with those min specs would pull 1500 at all .

What is the recommended specs?

• mainvein33mainvein33 Member Posts: 406

Originally posted by medmarijuana

Originally posted by mainvein33

I dunno about all that....

I did that benchmark score and on high i got 2001 and on low i got 3500 or something to that effect

My specs:

AMD Quad Core Phenom 2 940  3.1 ghz processor (stock 3 ghz)

9800 gtx+ Nvidia Geforce

8 gb of ram on vista 64   bit OS

I got those low scores with my machine.... I doubt anyone with those min specs would pull 1500 at all .

What is the recommended specs?

Might have miss read my post (though I was sleeepy when I poseted) but basically your scores are right in that range the 1500-3000 with 6000-8000 being a "very good" score. As to your question here yah go

Source: http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/recom/na/pc.html. Note: This is not the minimum system requirements.

The following PC specifications are required to run the game smoothly with our stipulated in-game settings.

Window Size and Display Mode 1280x720 (Windowed)
    Ambient Occlusion OFF
    Depth of Field ON
    Shadow Detail Standard
    Multisampling 4x MSAA
    Buffer Size Window Size
    Texture Quality High
    Texture Filtering High

OS Minimum: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit*
    Recommended: Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit*

CPU Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz or higher
    Minimum: AMD Athlon X2 2.0GHz or higher
    Recommended: Intel Core i7-920 2.66GHz or higher
    Recommended: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8 GHz or higher

RAM Minimum: Windows XP: 1.5GB or higher
    Minimum: Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64bit: 2GB or higher
    Recommended: Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit: 4GB or more

HDD/SDD Installation: 15GB of free space
    Download: 6GB of free space on the drive containing "My Documents"

Graphics Card Minimum: nVidia GeForce 9600 or better with VRAM 512MB or more
    Minimum: ATI HD 2900 or better with VRAM 512MB or more
    Recommended: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better with VRAM 768MB or more
    Recommended: ATI HD 5830 1GB or better

Sound Card DirectSound compatible sound card (DirectX 9.0c or higher)

Internet Connection Broadband or better (always-on)

Resolution 1280x720 (32-bit) or higher

DirectX DirectX 9.0c

Others Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad

* On a 64-bit OS, the software will run via WOW64 ( Windows 32-bit On Windows 64-bit ).
    Microsoft, Windows, and Microsoft DirectX are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the
    United States and/or other countries. Other company and product names are trademarks or registered
    trademarks of their respective owners.

NOTE:
    - Please contact the relevant manufacturer for product information.
    - Even if your PC meets these requirements, compatibility issues with certain hardware,
    software, and driver combinations may prevent the game from running acceptably.

Op info Excenmille
  • tooga123tooga123 Member UncommonPosts: 113

I have a feeling this game will run fine on a 5770 and a 5850 for max but choosing a good video card can be tuff atm with the gtx 460 in the market now

just my $0.02

• Neochaos5Neochaos5 Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by tooga123

I have a feeling this game will run fine on a 5770 and a 5850 for max but choosing a good video card can be tuff atm with the gtx 460 in the market now

just my $0.02

was thinking of buying a 5770 but my cpu will bottleneck it :(

• DareantkDareantk Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by Neochaos5

just my $0.02

What do you have? I had an E6400 dual core and bought a 4870 and scored fairly well. 1800 on high 2200-2300 something on low. I opted to go ahead and upgrade the rest of my computer after that , it's like a disease, but a 5770 is easy on power and a good upgrade unless you're running like a pentium 4 or something.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

My GF just bought an Acer Laptop for $600 off of newegg. For giggles I ran the benchmark on it, and it scored 2500 low / 2000 high.

So people with a shitty 5 year old laptop might not be able to play, but pretty much everyone else can. Including my GF who bought a laptop to run facebook and MS Word *for school*.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by Dareantk

just my $0.02

What do you have? I had an E6400 dual core and bought a 4870 and scored fairly well. 1800 on high 2200-2300 something on low. I opted to go ahead and upgrade the rest of my computer after that , it's like a disease, but a 5770 is easy on power and a good upgrade unless you're running like a pentium 4 or something.

Yeah tis really hard to have a cpu bottleneck a video card very much. Even more so with abny intel from the last 5 or more years becuase they OC so darn well. whats ur cpu?

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

Originally posted by Jetrpg

Originally posted by Dareantk

just my $0.02

Yeah tis really hard to have a cpu bottleneck a video card very much. Even more so with abny intel from the last 5 or more years becuase they OC so darn well. whats ur cpu?

ive got a q6600 b3 @ 2.4ghz on a p5n32-e sli which dosnt overclock well.

Thats true b3 generally oc poorly. But one of their largest issues are larger or more "black holes" if that timing doesn't work u can go lower to find where it does, but often you can go higher to also see where it works sometimes 2.8 may not work but 3.1 will, etc, (that was an example it could be 2.9 not working and 2.95 working) That being said you can at least hit 2.8 , you can. just type into google q6600 overclock  (there ya go) also you can see if they ahve one for the b3 q6600 b3 overclock.

The b3 is a bad ocer for intel however, you may only end up getting 2.8. 

At 1.4 vcore and ba bumb on the nb usually will get to 3.0 with a b3., which is not a bottleneck for cards unless... your playing a poorly designed game. then no matter what you do youll not see much fps increase (Like WoW). (its a bit old but poor main to utilize hardware).  It all about OCing your memory. One other thing make sure you get a nice seat w/ your HSF not too much theremal paste (people more often than not put too much).

IS that 2.4 ghz a bottle neck maybe but aftera oc to 2.8-3. it should be fine.  IMHO.

For gaming its hard to beat the duo cores tho. But in my last three builds i have went quad, becuase i oc anyway  and people often run like 3+ apps/games at once.

Other tips - increase ram timings (444, 555, (14-15) etc) . ram voltage 1.9 2.0 2.1,  Nb can sit around 1.5-1.65.

TRy try try agian. 333 x9 may fail where as 335 works perfect. I liek to move in 10 or 5s however.

The real issues with your oc maybe your RAM. Oddl;y enough ram is more important than mebo and often as important as cpu with ocing the Q6x and E8x. IF your ram is not rated for higher speeds than default for that mebo cpu then ... you can encounter problems there.

A tip for everyone on this site, BUY faster speed ram, it normally is the same price, but preforms better (or not often its the same stuff, but just in case). This si were ram settign and voltage will help alogn with NB volts.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

Thats true b3 generally oc poorly. But one of their largest issues are larger or more "black holes" if that timing doesn't work u can go lower to find where it does, but often you can go higher to also see where it works sometimes 2.8 may not work but 3.1 will, etc, (that was an example it could be 2.9 not working and 2.95 working) That being said you can at least hit 2.8 , you can. just type into google q6600 overclock  (there ya go) also you can see if they ahve one for the b3 q6600 b3 overclock.

The b3 is a bad ocer for intel however, you may only end up getting 2.8. 

At 1.4 vcore and ba bumb on the nb usually will get to 3.0 with a b3., which is not a bottleneck for cards unless... your playing a poorly designed game. then no matter what you do youll not see much fps increase (Like WoW). (its a bit old but poor main to utilize hardware).  It all about OCing your memory. One other thing make sure you get a nice seat w/ your HSF not too much theremal paste (people more often than not put too much).

IS that 2.4 ghz a bottle neck maybe but aftera oc to 2.8-3. it should be fine.  IMHO.

For gaming its hard to beat the duo cores tho. But in my last three builds i have went quad, becuase i oc anyway  and people often run like 3+ apps/games at once.

Other tips - increase ram timings (444, 555, (14-15) etc) . ram voltage 1.9 2.0 2.1,  Nb can sit around 1.5-1.65.

TRy try try agian. 333 x9 may fail where as 335 works perfect. I liek to move in 10 or 5s however.

The real issues with your oc maybe your RAM. Oddl;y enough ram is more important than mebo and often as important as cpu with ocing the Q6x and E8x. IF your ram is not rated for higher speeds than default for that mebo cpu then ... you can encounter problems there.

A tip for everyone on this site, BUY faster speed ram, it normally is the same price, but preforms better (or not often its the same stuff, but just in case). This si were ram settign and voltage will help alogn with NB volts.

hmm the ram i have are the xsm 4gb @ 800mhz

yeah the ram is not helping, in the future just remmeber to buy the faster stuff. But still try reseatign your HSF if heats an issue and (pleanny of guides out there) and even 2.8 is gonna give you a boost. Not a giant one but an ok one. and just wait and see how your system acts then upgrade if needed.

yeah the ram is not helping, in the future just remmeber to buy the faster stuff. But still try reseatign your HSF if heats an issue and (pleanny of guides out there) and even 2.8 is gonna give you a boost. Not a giant one but an ok one. and just wait and see how your system acts then upgrade if needed.

at the moment i have it @ 2.9ghz with a 1.328v core the tempts are @ 36C but i aint played any games atm, il try playing crysis @ cod in a bit and see if it's stable

Thats sexy if so, nice low vcore and temp is fine.

You should get core temp and like prime95 if ya really want to test it. Less effort on your part too.

You should get core temp and like prime95 if ya really want to test it. Less effort on your part too.

damn ran for about 1 minute and crashed on cod 4 tried to lower fsb but still crashed. any help

seems ok atm got it @ 3ghz on these voltages, been playing cod 4 for about 20min, il test it later with prime 95

Memory Timing Setting [All AUTO]

Spread Spectrum Control [All DISABLED]

CPU Internal Thermal Control [AUTO]

Limit CPUID MaxVal [DISABLED]

Enhanced C1 (C1E) [DISABLED]

Execute Disable Bit [ENABLED]

Virtualization Technology [ENABLED]

Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology [DISABLED]

LDT Frequency [4x]

FSB Memory Clock Mode [UNLINKED]

FSB (QDR) MHz [1333]

FSB (DDR) MHz [800]

Vcore (V) [1.45V]

Memory (V) [1.85V]

1.2V HT (V) [1.40V]

NB Core (V) [1.50V]

SB Core (V) [1.60V]

CPU VTT (V) [1.40V]

DDRII Controller Ref Voltage [AUTO]

DDRII Channel A Ref Voltage [AUTO]

DDRII Channel B Ref Voltage [AUTO]

damn ran for about 1 minute and crashed on cod 4 tried to lower fsb but still crashed. any help

seems ok atm got it @ 3ghz on these voltages, been playing cod 4 for about 20min, il test it later with prime 95

Memory Timing Setting [All AUTO] loosen this for better stab.

Spread Spectrum Control [All DISABLED]

CPU Internal Thermal Control [AUTO]

Limit CPUID MaxVal [DISABLED]

Enhanced C1 (C1E) [DISABLED]

Execute Disable Bit [ENABLED]

Virtualization Technology [ENABLED]

Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology [DISABLED] this is good, may not be best for stab , just keep it on.

LDT Frequency [4x]

FSB Memory Clock Mode [UNLINKED]

FSB (QDR) MHz [1333]

FSB (DDR) MHz [800]

Vcore (V) [1.45V] gettign high, id say never touch 1.5 thast the max , vcore increases are bad. they = more heat.

Memory (V) [1.85V] this shoudl be at least 1.9 but 2.0 is a good bet, unless otherwise stated with that ram

1.2V HT (V) [1.40V]

NB Core (V) [1.50V]

SB Core (V) [1.60V]

CPU VTT (V) [1.40V]

DDRII Controller Ref Voltage [AUTO]

DDRII Channel A Ref Voltage [AUTO]

DDRII Channel B Ref Voltage [AUTO]