Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error code: ffxi-9001)(-1) or Error code: ffxi-4001

After running ffxi flawlessly for the the past month i have attempted to log into the game this yesterday only to be kicked out 30 seconds later either of the following the error msg 

Terminated as error occurred in FINAL FANTASY XI. An error has occurred Error code: ffxi-9001)(-1) 

or 

Error code: ffxi-4001 No response for the FINAL FANTASY XI server. Connection timed out 

.....if it helps the traffic bar at the top says im sending 100+ but Receiving 0....it starts on green then plummets to red then disconnects. The sending just plummets.....i am actually in game but there are no other PCs around and i cannot interact with anything :-( 

Thanks for any help u can give me

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

This is just a lost connection,i have been getting this as of late myself,disconnects for no apparent reason.The server was at 3700 not nearly enough to start spewing out random people ,so really it is either a dead link because of extreme lag during JPN hours or the game just randomnly boots people idk.

Something has definitely changed in the games coding [for the worse] because myself and probably most others have all had this problem at one time or another,yet there is soemthing new that has cropped up.Now when i used to just exit then enter back into the player select,now i often get a funky error that won't do anything and i get some goofy message saying there is a problem contact support...lol ya right.What i do now is i have to actually exit playonline and reboot it back up,then all is ok.This all started since the recent update,so no question they screwed something up.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.