Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is the moment

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

The moment i realise that i need to quit an MMO is when i realise that the only thing i m looking forward too is gaining XP or new gear ... the moment i don't care about ingame fun and events anymore, when i realise that only XP is important for me with  certain game, i know its time to quit..

In a good game i want to be enthralled by the stories and lore and immersed in the world not thinking about XP at all. Thats what i like. Finding adventure behind every corner.

Whts the moment you realise that your current game has grown old on you?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• tearsinraintearsinrain Member Posts: 73

A little bit of XP, and a little bit of new gear, and lore and story and new content are all important to me, but it's the community that's the clincher.  When the community starts to suck, or the number of 'bad experiences' I have makes me not want to log in any more, that's when I cut back playing. 

With WoW it was the number of players that were generally crappy to each other in pugs that made me cut back and eventually stop playing - I just got fed up of people pulling DPS counts on each other every 3 minutes as though they were the be all and end all - and I wouldn't have minded but with my alt mage I was yelled at for poor DPS once when I was second in the group below a pally tank twink... it was just getting stupid and was no fun at all.   My main tank had a lot more fun, but was also fed up with groups that had people who seemed to just want to GOGOGOGOGOGO - no fun, no playing to hang out, just gear and grind.  Plus GS related team building was so damn funny... people shouting for GS level players, despite those players then being terrible.... but I guess I can understand a bit as it was annoying with the number of people who would do heroic pugs in terrible non-gem'd gear with no clue and expect to be carried made me cry.