Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Men & Hobbit Starting Area Screens

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Turbine has sent out five new screens featuring a look at the Lord of the Rings Online Men and Hobbit starting areas. Be sure to check them all out in our Lord of the Rings Online gallery.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314

I don't get it. What is so new about starting areas that started years ago?

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• swattz101swattz101 Member Posts: 1
    The Hobbit and Man starting areas have been updated, yet again, to get ready for the expecte masses of people joining now that LOTRO is going F2P.
  • PagoasPagoas Member UncommonPosts: 120

Inventory management killed this game for me.  Every two steps they're giving you some kind of token that stacks to 5, but you need about 15,000 to anything with... and you only have about 30 inventory slots.

• cmcmahacmcmaha Member UncommonPosts: 18

Soooo, inventory management was the problem?  The graphics didn't appeal to you? The mature and helpful community? The story? sigh.

You actually have 5 bags with fifteen slots in each = 75 slots (and they have changed most of the stackables to larger piles in response to player comments).

Come back during F2P and check out the new version...you might likey. :-)

The Force WAS with us, then came the CU!

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Inventory management is only a problem for people who insist on hoarding everything.

<3

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by dreamscaper

Inventory management is only a problem for people who insist on hoarding everything.

But...they're precious to me...

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• boingedboinged Member UncommonPosts: 161

They should take note of the system in WAR and put tokens in a separate inventory, quest items too. There are so many different rep items I usually end up with 3 bags permanently full (including pots, food, resources, tools, quest items) - leaving 2 bags for collecting drops. These don't last long with all the junk loot.

To further complicate matters, vaults seem spread around and housing chests are of course even less accessible. Even the costume feature, while a great idea, leads to more inventory confusion because you can sell the item once equipped.

Anyway, the game is great fun but I too wish they'd overhaul their inventory system (especially with who knows what cool item shop goodies we might get).

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Since the Lord of the Rings movie license and MMO license are now owned by the same people, does this mean that the game will be made to be more like the movie?

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

lolwut ?

Inventory managment is part of all games I love to play!   I order everything neatly and in order.  Then have it all go to pot after a heavy gaming session...   then go back to town and sort it all out again!.. its like treasure, looting.. counting your pennies.

Ok, there are some improvments to be made and it can be frustrating to not be able to hold EVERYTHING, but I beleive some of those things are being addressed.

Great to hear they are polishing these area's up a bit, F2P will bring a lot of new players and those starting area's can be a bit drab and uninspiring.

Looking forward to this :D