Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't know what it is...

jingfoxxjingfoxx Member Posts: 54

I will go on and off for months at a time. Just recently (four months ago), I quit due to lack of funds. Then a month ago, I bought APB and have been playing it. It's fun, but for some reason, I still think about World of Warcraft... Just something about Warcraft gets you hooked or something... I am literally thinking about going back after my first 50 hours are up with APB... I think I might be insane.

(It's probably because that's the game all my friends play...)

Ignorance may be Bliss, but Knowledge is Power

Comments

• solocronosolocrono Member Posts: 173

That's definitely what  it is.  That and it's a game you've logged so many hours into it's going to be hard to switch.  I do the same thing, I'll stop for a while, then play for a while. 

Edit:  The game that finally gets you off of it, is going to have to give you that "feel" when you first start playing it, the same feeling that WoW did when it immediately immersed you.  The feeling you had running around with your first character for the first time.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I am also unable for the most part to put a finger on why exactly I do not enjoy APB. I just felt like some important elements were left out. It doesn't quite deliver on Shooter or RPG terms, in my opinion. Customization was ground breaking though. And I enjoyed the graphics and the sound/music very much.

I think it's more attributed to APB being a poor game than WoW pulling you back.  It's natural to regress to familiar territory.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.