Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new to MMORPG...

I'm new to MMORPG, I've only played RuneScape up til now...I was thinking of buying one,
1. Can someone recommend a good one, I was thinking of maybe everquest 2, final fantasy XI, or warcraft.
2. I was looking at some and I don't get the whole subscription thing, so basically you have to buy the game and plus pay for it each month? Are there any that you don't have to pay for each month?
3. How can I find out how much the subscription is I was trying to find it for Everquest 2, final fantasy XI, and warcraft. but I couldn't does any one know how much they are? because I don't want to buy a game for how ever much and then find out that it's going to be alot each month...

Comments

• ][-ROB-][][-ROB-][ Member Posts: 39
    type the name of the game in the upper right corner of this screen and then scroll down to the games and click on the name of the game.
  • DraconusDraconus Freeworld AdminMember Posts: 781

welcome :)

i would suggest you play some trials or alpha/beta tests to find out the kind of game you like.

when you ask people to suggest a MMORPG there only going to tell you the game they are playing right now....or the game they plan to be playing. there are a ton of great games out there, so make sure to take this time as a new player and explore them for yourself before you let people influence your choice.

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Originally posted by Platinum_twf
    I'm new to MMORPG, I've only played RuneScape up til now...I was thinking of buying one, 1. Can someone recommend a good one, I was thinking of maybe everquest 2, final fantasy XI, or warcraft.2. I was looking at some and I don't get the whole subscription thing, so basically you have to buy the game and plus pay for it each month? Are there any that you don't have to pay for each month?3. How can I find out how much the subscription is I was trying to find it for Everquest 2, final fantasy XI, and warcraft. but I couldn't does any one know how much they are? because I don't want to buy a game for how ever much and then find out that it's going to be alot each month...

I would suggest somthing like WoW. From what i hear (i play eq2) it is a newby friendly game and at the same time you can be a hardcore grinder. I just got it for my sister for xmas that is comming up and i ended up getting myself a copy, havnt got it yet..

• deb1deb1 Member Posts: 111

lets see....you have only ever played RS.....i would not suggest jumping from RS to WoW or EQ2.

go out and get some experiance and find what you like in a MMORPG.

i honestly dont like the game play in WoW or EQ2.