Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

R.A.T.7 Mouse

stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

What you guys think about this mouse.  Yea it's weird looking but for $100usd it looks like high quality.

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Comments

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

I dunno man, Im a huge gadget whore when it comes to PC periphrials.  I dont know how practical this thing is but Im gonna end up buying it just based on looks alone. 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Never having put my hand on one all I can say is it looks like a gimmick. I don't see how all those adjustable parts are going to have any real effect in the value I would place on it's usability. The five programmable buttons would be good if you actually intend to use them.

To me it just looks like there are a lot of little pieces that will eventually fall off or break and then get lost.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

This mouse is specifically designed for First Person Shooters, where tournaments cause people to buy hardware to save time on latencies. It has an extremely high DPI to be able to Synchronize 1 to 1 on mouse sensitivity. Normally if your mouse sensitivity is 2, then it is the same as forcing the game to accelerate your game by a factor of 2. The idea is to use mice and other equipment to synchronize at gamespeed to prevent jaggy playing and cut down latencies.

My rule of thumb is to not buy a technology where no situation will occur that will cause you to use the features you pay for. The 5600 DPI is for extreme high resolution. Why cast a meteor spell to destroy a target when a simple fire spell will do the same job for you? Its kind of overkill. ^_^

The mouse is amazing, but its not for you. You won't see how amazing it is unless you can do triple monitor gaming and you are running crysis at full settings....

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Shinami

This mouse is specifically designed for First Person Shooters, where tournaments cause people to buy hardware to save time on latencies. It has an extremely high DPI to be able to Synchronize 1 to 1 on mouse sensitivity. Normally if your mouse sensitivity is 2, then it is the same as forcing the game to accelerate your game by a factor of 2. The idea is to use mice and other equipment to synchronize at gamespeed to prevent jaggy playing and cut down latencies.

My rule of thumb is to not buy a technology where no situation will occur that will cause you to use the features you pay for. The 5600 DPI is for extreme high resolution. Why cast a meteor spell to destroy a target when a simple fire spell will do the same job for you? Its kind of overkill. ^_^

The mouse is amazing, but its not for you. You won't see how amazing it is unless you can do triple monitor gaming and you are running crysis at full settings....

NOW all these crazy high DPI mouses make sense.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

The thing I like about the R.A.T. 7 is all the adjustable parts. However owning and liking Saitek Parts, I doubt they will meet the proper requirements for good solid adjustments. Alot of it looks to be plastic and plastic in a place precision is needed usually is not a good match.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

im still in love with a razer naga =x

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Originally posted by grunty

Originally posted by Shinami

NOW all these crazy high DPI mouses make sense.

I've never seen any triple monitor setups at gaming tournaments used by people actually participating in the competition. And I don't see many people playing Crysis on the professional level, either. I guess they're making all this professional gaming hardware for non-professionals. Would make sense. -,-

And I've been with Razer for 6+ years now, will probably stay there. 

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by Kenaoshi

im still in love with a razer naga =x

This.

I bought a Naga about 4 months ago and I have to say it is the best thing ever. I don't even get into the macros, it's just so handed to have all my hotkeys under my thumb on my right hand and my left hand hits the modifiers (ctrl alt and shift).

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.