Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New patch today

MickleMickle Member UncommonPosts: 127

Lets se how this helps the game.

Comments

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

It won't, because to be honest its crap.   One of the very first (new) missions you get is a frustrating Borg chain hold borefest, which so many complained about with the STFs.  Whichever dev is making these, needs to be fired, if not already.

All season 2 is going to do is maybe cause the odd few to resub, and pull back the lifers who simply gave up faith.  Both of which will only last a short time.  It doesn't fix any of the issues people have with the game.

I personnally have more faith in season 3, given the recent managment changes and the general attitude he seems to have.   The problem is, its likely to be to late.

• DragonSharkDragonShark Member UncommonPosts: 227

To be fair, that mission, "Assimilation", has been toned down extensively from when it was on Tribble. It's no longer the insane Borg zerg that it once was.

I agree that Season 3 is when we'll probably see things going in the right direction, having gotten out from under Zinc's boot, but I also see Season 2 as being important in laying the groundwork for that. It's pretty obvious now that they finally have people that actually care about the IP running things. From what I've read on the forums, now that they've finally won the right to make STO start acting like Trek, the next battle is with the accountants and PR types that are insisting that everything new go into the c-store.

• MickleMickle Member UncommonPosts: 127

PVP is much better now.  I had not used my Klink Tac Officer since the 1.2 patch but I am now :).  No more having seven ships attacking one ship for 15 second and doing ZERO damage.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

It took a while to patch last night after work so i got eat dinner take the dog out for a bit come back and my PC went into sleep mode so patching started from the begining and finished up while I was asleep. I'm excited to give it a try again. It's been quite some time since I last played and even though I got tired of the same misisons over and over I've been away so long I miss the space combat. Even if I only get another month out of it this time the game does seem headed in the right direction so the future looks bright.

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Season 2 is Great!

Except that now after the patch i randomly crash to desktop during character creation, and some of the shaders(?) are messed up now ......and there is hella more lag,,,,,,, and rubberbanding!

I mean i like the new features but i didnt think it woulda somehow mess up the game so much.

Devs: less time spent on C-store and more time on bug-fixing please!

PS!

I bet my entire life & fortune that they wont take my advice! :D

Originally posted by DragonShark

To be fair, that mission, "Assimilation", has been toned down extensively from when it was on Tribble. It's no longer the insane Borg zerg that it once was.

I agree that Season 3 is when we'll probably see things going in the right direction, having gotten out from under Zinc's boot, but I also see Season 2 as being important in laying the groundwork for that. It's pretty obvious now that they finally have people that actually care about the IP running things. From what I've read on the forums, now that they've finally won the right to make STO start acting like Trek, the next battle is with the accountants and PR types that are insisting that everything new go into the c-store.

Assimilation is exactly the same.  Just constant chain holds everytime you end up engaging.  What's even worse is the AI on the BOs.  They start pulling other groups that aren't even hostile,  unless you constantly micro-manage them.

Originally posted by Krelian

Season 2 is Great!

Except that now after the patch i randomly crash to desktop during character creation, and some of the shaders(?) are messed up now ......and there is hella more lag,,,,,,, and rubberbanding!

I mean i like the new features but i didnt think it woulda somehow mess up the game so much.

Devs: less time spent on C-store and more time on bug-fixing please!

PS!

I bet my entire life & fortune that they wont take my advice! :D

Season 2 is over in a few hours.  There's already plenty of VA1's around.

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by grapevine

A few hours? I thought it was supposed to last a week, or was that factoring in casual play?

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• DragonSharkDragonShark Member UncommonPosts: 227

Assimilation is exactly the same.  Just constant chain holds everytime you end up engaging.  What's even worse is the AI on the BOs.  They start pulling other groups that aren't even hostile,  unless you constantly micro-manage them.

You'll have to tell me which version of Assimilation you were playing, because I just ran through it in half an hour and I was only held about 5 times. Most of the wandering Borg and even the alcoved Borg are gone from the first part of the interior map, where you're looking for the correct teleport device. You don't need to fight at all on that level, but if you do, it's fairly easy to manage.

Managing the bridge officers isn't that difficult. Just right-click to disable any of their abilities that might aggro more mobs (turrets, grenades) and set them to not attack by default. Designate targets by using the Y key. Or, if you can't be bothered by that, simply park them in an area where they can do all of their regular attacks without having line of sight to any mobs that you don't intentionally pull. And yes, those areas are in the map, especially the last area.

• JounarJounar Member UncommonPosts: 142

Originally posted by Dinendae

A few hours? I thought it was supposed to last a week, or was that factoring in casual play?

There are only 4-5 new episode missions in Season 2 and the rest of the XP to hit VA1 has to be ground out from PVP or the old repeatables.

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by Jounar

There are only 4-5 new episode missions in Season 2 and the rest of the XP to hit VA1 has to be ground out from PVP or the old repeatables.

Wow. I wonder how many current players can honestly say it was worth the wait? On the positive side, this should have been the last influence Zinc had on the game.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Weren't there like 2 or 3 new STF's with new story lines other than the undine/borg that were supposed to be released in may sometime?  Something about augements or some such?  5 missions to go from ra5 to to VA is pretty thin.  A lot of people who left were bored to tears with the nebula and dse repeatables so I don't think 5 more levels of the same thing is going to bring a flood of them back.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

Wow. I wonder how many current players can honestly say it was worth the wait? On the positive side, this should have been the last influence Zinc had on the game.

I think we should outsource all FAA and NTSB functions to Cryptic. Then we'd REALLY be getting somewhere!!!!!!

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

You'll have to tell me which version of Assimilation you were playing, because I just ran through it in half an hour and I was only held about 5 times. Most of the wandering Borg and even the alcoved Borg are gone from the first part of the interior map, where you're looking for the correct teleport device. You don't need to fight at all on that level, but if you do, it's fairly easy to manage.

Managing the bridge officers isn't that difficult. Just right-click to disable any of their abilities that might aggro more mobs (turrets, grenades) and set them to not attack by default. Designate targets by using the Y key. Or, if you can't be bothered by that, simply park them in an area where they can do all of their regular attacks without having line of sight to any mobs that you don't intentionally pull. And yes, those areas are in the map, especially the last area.

I think you were just lucky.  I even had an occurance where my BOs decided they wanted to run off down a corridor and start shooting Borg in their regeneration chambers, and would take pot shots at any passive Borg.  This was after the first engagement, prior to that they behaved fine.  Micro-managing the BO's is fine, but the fact is its a bug and a pretty bad one.

Also the implementation of how the Borg spawn and how they chain hold has been a major complaint regarding the STFs.  Yet they just continue.

• KruxKrux Member Posts: 274

Originally posted by Mickle

Lets se how this helps the game.

Is God involved?  If not, forget about it.